20th November 2012, 03:35 PM
Teja Harshini

How should I start my preparation for Civil services? I am studying B.Tech 3rd year

I am at present studying b.tech 3rd year.I am interested in civil services , so should i start preparation now or should i complete my pg (mba) and then start preparing?

30th November 2012, 05:43 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I start my preparation for Civil services? I am studying B.Tech 3rd year

If your aim is civil services, then there is no need for a PG program. Graduation is enough to apply for civil services. Preparation for the exam can be started after deciding optional subject for mains exams and after collecting detailed syllabus. You can collect reference books, previous year question papers, etc for study. Training under any coaching centers will also be useful.
5th February 2013, 07:29 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How should I start my preparation for Civil services? I am studying B.Tech 3rd year

i am studying in B.E. 3rd year. can i appear in the exam of PSC and IAS
1st March 2014, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

Hello,at present i'm a 2nd year b.tech student persuing it in hyd.how should i start my preparation for civils???suggest me
13th March 2014, 09:20 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

The minimum academic qualification with which a candidate can appear for civil services exam is by completion of Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

As you are pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course, you will be having 1 more year in order to be eligible to apply for this Exam.

So, make most out of this 1 year by having strong preparation for the Exam.

I don't think it is not a good choice to opt for MBA course and then appearing for Civil Services Exam.

You can do MBA course even after joining Civil Services also.

Moreover huge competition is there among the candidates who are applying for civil services exam. So, we don't know how many years it will take to be placed in civil services.

So, my suggestion would be

Start preparation for Civil Services Exam now itself. If you put your best efforts for 1 year, you will definitely get through it.

Opt for Optional subject for Civil Services Exam in accordance with your stream in B.Tech course and carry out your preparation for the same.

In addition collect the previous year and model questions papers and know the way how the exam pattern is and mould your preparation accordingly.

The complete selection procedure would involve
Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

This is the common written exam to be placed in all the civil services.

This Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

For updated information on this exam, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?