2nd February 2012, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

How should I start studying for GATE?

how to start study for gate ....please give me the tips to start preparing for it

Related Questions:
3rd February 2012, 01:28 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I start studying for GATE?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This is an all India level examination through which the candidates will be given admission for M.Tech course in various Institutes all over India.

This Exam is being conducted by GATE committee which will consists of various faculty from Indian Institute of Science and 7 IIMs (Indian Institute of Management). This Exam is being conducted in 8 zones all over India.

All the candidates who have completed their Engineering with any of the stream or pursuing final year of Engineering course are eligible to appear for this Exam.

Here are some guidelines from my side to prepare for this Exam.

-Almost all the questions which will be asked in the GATE Exam will be from your syllabus of various subjects in Engineering course.

-So,try to give much importance to finish the chapters in the syllabus and get good grip on various concepts. If you have grip on your subjects in Engineering course, this will make your preparation for GATE Exam too easy.

-Try to purchase GATE Questions and Answers books from outside market and practice variety of questions from them once you complete a particular chapter in your Engineering syllabus.

-This will help you to know the way in which the questions are being asked in GATE Exam.

-Try to practice model question papers and previous year question papers for GATE Exam as many as you can.

-Because, the same model questions may repeat in next GATE Exam too. Don't leave any chapters for choice. If you are leaving some chapters for choice in the sense you are compromising on your fruitful career.

-Try to finish the difficult subjects first and prepare them in early morning time.

-Don't sit infront of PC or Laptap while you are carrying on your preparation which will disturb your attention.

-Make a proper plan of yourself of what subjects to study, how much time to study and the better way to study.

Wish you all the best.

For updated information on this Exam, you can visit
http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/
3rd February 2012, 06:05 AM
pandeyshekhar89

Dear friend,

As you are going to do the Master Degree in the engineering field than the GATE is the best method to take admission in the top reputed institutes or colleges because with the help of GATE you can achieve your goal. The main purpose of GATE exam is to identify the aptitude and knowledge of the candidates in the engineering and other fields.In below I mentioned some points for the every entrance exam not specially for GATE you can use these points.

1. Properly look the syllabus of the Entrance exam.
2. Check your notes or books either all the syllabus topics you have or not.If not have try to makes notes of that topics.
3. If your entrance exams have some time to conduct than try to makes notes by using different books.
4. If your exams are very near than neither try to makes notes or follow many different books because in this way most of the candidates puzzle. Follow only one books for the preparation if exams are near.
5. While studying the topics try to makes images of that topics and simple read as a story. Not cram the topics.
6. Every morning try to revise your last day topics which you have studied.
7. Try to explore that topics which you have studied to second person like your friends.
8. Strictly follow your time management.
9. Don't continue study like a book worm.
10. Kept 10 - 15 minutes break in study and don't see the television in break time. You can listen songs.
11. Try to less join the waste gossip because when we involve in the gossip than 10 - 15% whatever we have studied less from our cache memory.

All the above are the main points while you are going to sit in any entrance exam.

All the best
3rd February 2012, 07:17 AM
adlsm

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This is an all India level examination through which the candidates will be given admission for M.Tech course in various Institutes all over India.

-Almost all the questions which will be asked in the GATE Exam will be from your syllabus of various subjects in Engineering course.

-So,try to give much importance to finish the chapters in the syllabus and get good grip on various concepts. If you have grip on your subjects in Engineering course, this will make your preparation for GATE Exam too easy.

-Try to purchase GATE Questions and Answers books from outside market and practice variety of questions from them once you complete a particular chapter in your Engineering syllabus.

-This will help you to know the way in which the questions are being asked in GATE Exam.

-Try to practice model question papers and previous year question papers for GATE Exam as many as you can.

-Because, the same model questions may repeat in next GATE Exam too. Don't leave any chapters for choice. If you are leaving some chapters for choice in the sense you are compromising on your fruitful career.

-Try to finish the difficult subjects first and prepare them in early morning time.

-Make a concrete plan for preparation
3rd February 2012, 07:38 AM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how to start study for gate ....please give me the tips to start preparing for it
hi!!

Graduate aptitude test in engineering is conducted every year for the admission in the various post graduation programs in engineering that is in M.TECH to get admission in some of the most reputed institutes of india

Colleges under gate
  • IIT'S
  • NIT'S
  • Punjab enginering college
  • delhi college of engineering
  • NSIT,delhi
  • VIT,velore
and many more.........

what is the right time for preparation of gate ?

Definitely,this is of utmost importance.now,according to me the right time to start your preparation for GATE is from the third year.But remember that you need to have focus on your subjects related to gate from the very first year.
you can also join some coaching Institutes which can help you in problem solving,tips to solve problems in the shorter span of time.

TIPS For Preparation
  • start preparing for it from the very Beginning of your Engineering Career
  • if your concepts are good there is no stopping
  • the questions generally asked are closely related to the subjects of your Engineering branch
  • do not wait for the last time preparation
  • for difficult subjects,focus on as many concepts you can grasp rather than reading every thing
  • during exam try to solve easy subject at the very start which can motivate you for the rest of exam,and hence you would feel a bit relaxed during exam
  • be a early beginner,as at this time you can focus easily

for more information , you can visit the official site by CLICKING HERE

Hope this helped you.......

with regards
roknits

3rd February 2012, 09:44 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

GATE- GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING is an entrance test conducted by IIT for admission to M.Tech. courses in IITs and NITs.

The eligible candidate must be a graduate engineer having no age limit is eligible to apply for GATE.

Generally all questions as asked in GATE is from the syllabus from the respective engineering courses. One should start preparation for GATE from 3rd year of engineering studies and can appear for GATE in the year of completion of engineering.

If possible one should take an extensive coaching from a reputed coaching Institution along with practice of previous year's questions papers.

For more information you can log on to web site www.iitk.ac.in?gate/gate2012
3rd February 2012, 10:27 AM
NAMBIRAJ14
Junior Member+

you should be clear in your basic subject knowledges.
you may prefer previous year question papers.
you also refer gate books.
3rd February 2012, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

i am 1 year B.E. ECE student.should i do my higher studies or to take job in future
15th May 2012, 01:49 PM
chillarboy
Member+

Graduate aptitude test in engineering is conducted every year for the admission in the various post graduation programs in engineering that is in M.TECH to get admission in some of the most reputed institutes of india

according to me the right time to start your preparation for GATE is from the third year.
But remember that you need to have focus on your subjects related to gate from the very first year.

you can also join some coaching Institutes which can help you in problem solving,tips to solve problems in the shorter span of time.

Almost all the questions which will be asked in the GATE Exam will be from your syllabus of various subjects in Engineering course.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?