2nd March 2012, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

How to start the CAT exam preparations?

I am a B.com first year student and going to give my final exams in April. I want to start my CAT preparations just after that from IMS institute Pune. Kindly tell me from which month the course starts so that I can prepare for full 1 and half year.

12th April 2012, 08:21 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to start the CAT exam preparations?

It is really good to start the preparations while in the first year itself. In CAT exam questions are asked on Reasoning, Numerical Ability, English Language, etc. First of all, you have to collect the detailed syllabus for the exam. Then allocate separate time for preparation of each topic. Approaching coaching centers is another effective method to get prepared for the CAT exam.
8th May 2013, 02:02 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to start the CAT exam preparations?

Hi

You can start preparing for CAT entrance exam from your pre final year.
The syllabus of CAT exams would be as follows.

CAT Verbal/English Ability Syllabus: Reading comprehension, verbal reasoning, syllogisms, analogies, antonyms and synonyms, fill in the blanks, sentence correction, idioms, etc.

CAT Quant/Maths Ability Syllabus: Nu,ber systems, geometry, trogonometry, probability, permutation combination, algebra, mensuration, time and work, averages, percentages, profit and loss, quadratic and linear equations, etc.

CAT Data Interpretation Syllabus: Interpretation and analysis of data based on text, tables, graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie), venn diagram, etc.

CAT Logical Reasoning Syllabus: Clocks, calendars, binary logic, seating arrangement, blood relations, logical sequence, assumption, premise, conclusion, linear and matrix arrangement, etc

You can join any good coaching classes to cover full syllabus on time.
I would advice you to go for T.I.M.E as they have good faculty and each year number of students coming into IIMs from T.I.M.E is increasing day by day.
These coaching institute have various courses. You can get enrolled in any one of them.

All the best
8th May 2013, 02:03 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: How to start the CAT exam preparations?

Hi

You can start preparing for CAT entrance exam from your pre final year.
The syllabus of CAT exams would be as follows.

CAT Verbal/English Ability Syllabus: Reading comprehension, verbal reasoning, syllogisms, analogies, antonyms and synonyms, fill in the blanks, sentence correction, idioms, etc.

CAT Quant/Maths Ability Syllabus: Nu,ber systems, geometry, trogonometry, probability, permutation combination, algebra, mensuration, time and work, averages, percentages, profit and loss, quadratic and linear equations, etc.

CAT Data Interpretation Syllabus: Interpretation and analysis of data based on text, tables, graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie), venn diagram, etc.

CAT Logical Reasoning Syllabus: Clocks, calendars, binary logic, seating arrangement, blood relations, logical sequence, assumption, premise, conclusion, linear and matrix arrangement, etc

You can join any good coaching classes to cover full syllabus on time.
I would advice you to go for T.I.M.E as they have good faculty and each year number of students coming into IIMs from T.I.M.E is increasing day by day.
These coaching institute have various courses. You can get enrolled in any one of them.

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?