11th September 2011, 01:13 PM
rahulvijayakumar

Career opportunities in Public Sector for me being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech in Mechanical? Information regarding IES Exam?

I'm a 2nd year B.Tech(Mechanical)student.I wold like to work in a public sector such as railway,army...so what are the different carrer options in this field,and how can i get into it?and what is IES?

Related Questions:
  1. What are the opportunities available in auto-mobile sector while pursuing Mechanical engineering course?
  2. Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech?
  3. How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year in Mechanical Engineering?
  4. After BE: Should I do job? or do IES and public sector exam preparation? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What are the job opportunities after giving GATE exam in the public and private sector? I am pursuing B.Tech in ECE in 3rd year
  6. What are the job opportunities of MHRM in government sector?
  7. Where can I do internship in 2nd year while pursuing mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  8. Career opportunities in Air Force? I am pursuing my B.Tech from Punjab Technical University
  9. How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 2nd year in Civil Engineering?
  10. What is the eligibility criteria asked for IES exam and in government sector jobs?
  11. Guidance to prepare for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of EEE course?
  12. What are the jobs available in IT Sector after MCA?
  13. What are the career opportunities after PG diploma in HR?
  14. Can I do Diploma on Boilers being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering? What Job Opportunities can I get in coming days?
  15. What kind of Public sector Jobs are best suitable for me being a candidate pursuing B.Tech in IT?
  16. Internship or training programme for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering 2nd year pursuing candidate?
  17. Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in CSE? What kind of work a IES Officer should do?
  18. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available for civil engineering students in public sector? What's the selection procedure and eligibility criteria for the same?
12th September 2011, 01:58 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Career opportunities in Public Sector for me being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech in Mechanical? Information regarding IES Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulvijayakumar View Post
I'm a 2nd year B.Tech(Mechanical)student.I wold like to work in a public sector such as railway,army...so what are the different carrer options in this field,and how can i get into it?and what is IES?
dear friend,

B-TECH (Mechanical) department are eligible for IES exam.

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in onece time in year.

If you have completed engineering dicipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam
1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

The Notification was published in the month of January or February in Official website or employment news papers.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

If you are from different departments then also you are eligible but you should take one of the above departmenta as exam.

thanks
28th December 2011, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Career opportunities in Public Sector for me being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech in Mechanical? Information regarding IES Exam?

I am studing b tech 2nd year for which public exams I was applicable
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?