30th November 2011, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

Can I attend IES Exam being a candidate of 2nd year Mechanical Engineering?

I am student of mechanical engineering of 2 nd year. can i know? What am i able?
can I attend to IES exam?

Related Questions:
  1. How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year in Mechanical Engineering?
  2. Career opportunities in Public Sector for me being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech in Mechanical? Information regarding IES Exam?
  3. Can I attend for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of Engineering course?
  4. Am I eligible for PSUs and IES Exam being a candidate having secured 2nd divison in B.Tech course with Mechanical stream?
  5. How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 2nd year in Civil Engineering?
  6. Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech?
  7. Can a B.Tech.(IT) final year student apply for IES exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Guidance to prepare for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BE in Civil Engineering? Previous 10 year Question Papers for these Exams?
  9. How can I prepare for IES exam? What is the procedure for this exam?
  10. How to prepare for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering? Will there be any Coaching centers for this Exam in Chandigarh?
  11. Can I appear in IES 2016 exam in 3rd year of engineering? -- [New]
  12. Am I eligible for IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  13. Information about IES entrance exam? I am a student of IIT Guwahati
  14. Eligibility to attend Capgemini on-campus drive for a candidate who has a gap in B.Tech?
  15. When to get the forms for IES Exam? Date of IES Exam?
  16. Am I eligible to become a Pilot being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of Mechanical Engineering?
  17. Guidance to prepare for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of EEE course?
  18. Which books are best for IES exam for mechanical engineering
3rd December 2011, 08:15 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I attend IES Exam being a candidate of 2nd year Mechanical Engineering?

Your not eligible for the IES exam when your in the second year of Engineering course.The basic eligibility criteria for the examination is:-

Age limits :
The candidate should be between the age group of 21-30 years. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories)
Educational Qualifications :
The candidate should possess a Degree in Engineering or equivalent. Candidates with M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject are also acceptable for certain posts.

After completing your Engineering and if you have no backlogs then you can go through the examination.I have attached the notification here where you can get all the details regarding the examination.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 45 views)
3rd December 2011, 08:40 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I attend IES Exam being a candidate of 2nd year Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am student of mechanical engineering of 2 nd year. can i know? What am i able?

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IES EXAM

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

If you have completed engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

Number of attempts for IES exam is

For general student it is 4.

And for OBC it is 7 times.

And for SC/ST it is 9 time

If you are from different departments then also you are eligible but you should take one of the above departments as exam.

EXAMINATION SCHEDULE:-

DATE OF NOTIFICATION:- 18.08.2012

LAST DATE RECEIPT APPLICATION:- 17.09.2012

DATE OF EXAM:- 01.12.2012

For Online Application using the link http://upsconline.nic.in
3rd December 2011, 10:53 AM
devesh2812

Thumbs up Re: Can I attend IES Exam being a candidate of 2nd year Mechanical Engineering?

No dear,
You can not attend IES exam being a candidate of 2nd year...

Elegibility criteria:

age limit:
A candidate should be b/w in the age group of 21-30.

Educational record:

A candidate should have a degree in BE or B.Tech.. or M.Sc..
without any backlogs..

you can give this exam after 2 years... So best of luck for future..
3rd December 2011, 12:17 PM
the gladiator

sorry! you can't apply for it. If you are in second semester, you can't do it because only candidates who are in third or fourth semester of engineering can apply. wait for some time and do well preparation for this well known exam which is conducted by UPSC. it is one of the respected exam of UPSC.
ALL THE BEST!
3rd December 2011, 01:43 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Now you are not eligible for Indian Engineering Service exam,you will be eligible for IES exam,when you are in final year/after completing the B.Tech course in Mechanical Engineering.

Indian Engineering Service exam is conducted by UPSC every year once.This exam is conducted to take qualified student to different departments in government service that are
>>Indian Railway service of Engineers
>>Indian Railway Store Service
>>Central Engineering Service
>>Assistant Executive Engineer
>>Assistant Naval Store Officer etc......

Eligibility criteria for IES exam:
Education qualification:
You should have minimum graduation degree in Engineering in any one below mentioned stream.
>>Mechanical Engineering
>>Electrical Engineering
>>Civil Engineering
>>Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering
Age limit:
>>If you belong to General category,then your age should be between 21 to 30 years.
>>If you belong to OBC category,then your age should be between 21 to 33 years.
>>If you belong to SC/ST/PD category,then your age should be between 21 to 35 years.

Number of attempts:
>>If you belong to General category,then you can appear only 4 times
>>If you belong to OBC category,then you can appear for 7 times
>>If you belong to SC/ST/PD category,then you can appear for 14 times.

Indian Engineering Service exam consist of two parts of exams,that are
>>Part-I exam
>>Part-II exam

In Part-I exam their are another two exam,that are
>>Objective Type exam
>>Conventional Type exam

In Part-II exam as Personal Interview test.
If you clear all this exams,then you will get job as Engineer in government
sector.

For more details,then see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 48 views)
3rd December 2011, 02:20 PM
niranjan jangid

No you can't apply for IES exam .only 4th year or passout students can give this exam.
3rd December 2011, 08:38 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I attend IES Exam being a candidate of 2nd year Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:

Eligibility For Appearing in IES

For appearing in the IES (Indian Engineering Service) a candidate needs to fulfill the following minimum qualifications :-

1) You should be a B.Tech degree holder or a final year B.Tech student in any of the following streams :-

Civil Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering

2) You should be within the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts allowed for the general category candidates is 4,for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

You need to be at least in the final year of Mechanical Engineering for appearing in this exam..

Till then do prepare well.. and work hard..

The IES exam this year is going to be conducted on 15th June,2012 and the forms shall be available from 25th February,2012 and the last date for form submission is 26th March,2012..

For any further info..just Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
3rd December 2011, 10:19 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

HI,
You are not eligible for I.E.S exam being the student of 2nd year.

I.E.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.
Eligibility criteria:-
>pass the B.TECH from recognized university with minimum 50% marks.
> Age limit:-
For open category:-21-30year
For ST/SC category :- 21-33year

GOOD LUCK!
12th January 2012, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for IES exam being a student of 3rd year 6th semester , can i able to write the exam for 2012?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?