22nd December 2015, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

How to start preparation for IAS examination while in 2nd year of engineering?

I am studying b.tech 2nd year of mechanical engineering
. I want to prepare for ias examination. So tell me that how can i start the preparation? Guide me

Related Questions:
  1. How to start preparation for IAS exam while pursuing CSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How can i do IAS preparation through non-medical field?
  3. How to start my preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of ECE? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  4. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  5. How to start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Com course?
  6. When should I join coaching center for preparation for IAS while in 2nd year Biomedical Engineering?
  7. How to prepare for IAS exam for 2nd year Civil engineering student? When to start preparing?
  8. How to appear for IAS and HAS examination? I am a final year computer engineering student
  9. How to approach IAS exam while in engineering 2nd year? Which subjects to be selected for better scoring?
  10. What should be my preparation pattern pursuing 3rd year of my B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) and pasionate to become an IPS and want to start preparation for IAS exam?
  11. Shall I start GATE preparation from 2nd year of engineering?
  12. How to prepare for IAS? I am studying B.Tech 2nd year
  13. Procedure for admission in M.E after 2nd year EC engineering? When can I start the preparation?
  14. How to start IAS preparation after completing engineering in computer science?
  15. What is the importance of coaching in IAS preparation? What is the ideal time for preparation for coaching?
  16. How to become an IAS officer after studying B.Tech 2nd year in KL University
  17. What should be my first step towards IAS preparation? I am 2nd year electrical engineering student
  18. Should I start preparing now for IAS after graduation? Do I need to join coaching?
22nd December 2015, 06:41 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to start preparation for IAS examination while in 2nd year of engineering?

Yes, it is most appropiate time to start preparation for examination. There is no special examination for I.A.S. So to become an I.A.S Officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination.

Civil Services examination is among toughest examination and to qualify in all three stages of examination you need dedication, determination with hard and smart work.

So try to start preparation for examination through a proper strategy with syllabus. Start going through Newspaper for having good knowledge of event taking place around the world and in India.

To get any information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd December 2015, 07:42 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to start preparation for IAS examination while in 2nd year of engineering?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. It comes under Civil Services exam. You can apply for this exam in final year at minimum age of 21 years.

To start preparation from second year of mechanical engineering, follow given steps:

1. Buy old NCERT books of History from class 6th to 10+2. Read it one by one for basic history knowledge. You must refer to other NCERT books of Geography, Economics and Civics. You can download books from http://www.ncert.nic.in.

2. Make a habit of reading Hindu Newspaper from now. Under things which you do not know, search it and make notes.

3. In final year, you can also join any good institute for better preparation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?