11th February 2012, 02:09 PM
ishaggarwal

How to study for GATE? What should I study to learn English?

how do i study for gat i mean wat all i need to study especiallly foe english

9th July 2012, 03:33 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to study for GATE? What should I study to learn English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaggarwal View Post
how do i study for gat i mean wat all i need to study especiallly foe english
GATE is an objective technical paper consist mostly of engineering related questions. The examination pattern is :

It consist of 100 marks, 3 hrs duration. 85 marks are allotted for engineering subject question, and rest 15 marks for aptitude questions.

Regarding preparation, you should focus on subjects taught to you during 2nd and 3rd year of graduation. Mostly questions are from there only.

Although is not needed, as examination level is not too high like that of IIT JEE, but still you can take postal material for practice test .

You need not to learn English separately, as it is not like IES paper, it mostly focus on technical questions rather than english.

GATE for next year will be conducted in January, 2013. So, you can start your preparation in final year of your B Tech. Practice from the books which you have studied in your university exams, that would be sufficient for a good rank.
9th July 2012, 07:49 PM
gokuls1

Default Re: How to study for GATE? What should I study to learn English?

GATE is an objective technical paper consist mostly of engineering related questions. The examination pattern is :
It consist of 100 marks, 3 hrs duration. 85 marks are allotted for engineering subject question, and rest 15 marks for aptitude questions.you should focus on subjects taught to you during graduation related to ur branch.You need not to learn English very seriously, it mostly focus on technical questions rather than english.

GATE for next year will be conducted in FEB, 2013. So, you can start your preparation in final year of your B Tech. Practice from the books which you have studied in your university exams, that would be sufficient for a good rank.
if u can get Paprs of ACE INSTITUTe, Hyderabad. then plz go thru it, or either join dat institute for ur preparatn..
Best luck...!!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?