26th December 2009, 11:41 AM
sanghati

How to take admission directly in third semester in btech (engineering)?

heya i wanna take adm in 3rd sem btech in a gud collg...so can i get information about the process involved and the list of universities/collg taking adm in 3rd sem...

14th January 2010, 11:38 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to take admission directly in third semester in btech (engineering)?

Yes you can get admission to third semester of B.tech course through lateral entry scheme.

Different institute and state conducts its own entrance for lateral entry scheme.

You can also appear for AIEEE/IIT-JEE for it,if you anre a diploma engineer.

Best of luck
14th January 2010, 12:40 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to take admission directly in third semester in btech (engineering)?

mumbai university directly gives admission to diploma students on the basis of their diploma percentage.....
the central admission takes place as soon as the diploma results are announced ......and then one has to apply for the university...........
then bases on the choice we give and the percentage in diploma DTE allocates college to students.........
diploma from all fields are eligible....
for more information visit the official website ........
http://www.dte.org.in/

best of luck
14th January 2010, 11:27 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

it is not possible for an inter student,if you did diploma then you can join through lateral entry
15th January 2010, 07:37 PM
ryan
Senior Member+

hi friend,

you can get admission into third year of b.tech course after writing the entrance exams held by the institutees or the admission authority like,

AIEEE,
IIT-JEE
MH-CET,etc

so if you clear these exams you can get admission into most of the colleges (excluding iits and nits) directly into 3rd semester.
21st January 2010, 01:48 AM
sumitkumarinmit

lateral entry can be done after diploma by giving any national level exam aieee iit or state level for direct 3rd sem entry
31st January 2010, 09:11 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

you can directly join in 3rd year throgh lateral; admission
various olleges have various procedure look out for it in the official websitte of their colleges
1st February 2010, 02:50 AM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

if you are diploma holder then you can take direct entry in 3rd semester through lateral entry.without diploma you cannot take the admission.
7th February 2010, 03:40 PM
Shafna Ashmi.A

Only if u have completed diploma, u can join as lateral entry in 2nd yr engg... For that u have 2 apply for colleges. U can be admitted through counselling also... Some colleges conduct separate exams... U appear for that also
4th March 2010, 02:47 PM
Ruchi.tndn

Hi Myself ...... Ruchi... can abody advise me that if I want to apply to banking Industry ......Do I require B.Com Only .. I have completed my BBA Major with Fashions as my Minor Subject ........Can I join banking Industry and the diploma courses which are avaliable by different Banking Institutes ? How helpful they are .............?? Please advise ASAP ??????????
5th March 2010, 01:23 PM
asish
Senior Member+

dear friend
you can join BTech in 3rd sem only if you complete your diploma
eg you can join BTEch courses in WBUT in 3rd sem if you complete your diploma
you will have to appear in an entrance exam JECA
good luck
7th March 2010, 12:30 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

hi ...
its really a great oppurtinity...to be on the right track....
you can only join ......btech....directlyif you are able...to complete..the diploma course held together...
there are various institution...that interact the process...
so you can go through it....
Btech ....courses..are really make the oppurtunities....wide open.....
so complete...your ....diploma course...& you can...always be its part...
best of luck....for future.....
14th March 2010, 12:47 AM
samarat

Default Re: How to take admission directly in third semester in btech (engineeringin)in NITs?

hi i want to take addmission in 3rd sam for btech in NIT how can i get addmission?
4th April 2010, 08:00 AM
Tanu Tyagi

heya i wanna take adm in 3rd sem btech in DCE through lateral entry exam .
would you tell me that how can apply for that
14th May 2010, 02:36 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

yes you can take direct admission in the 3rd semester,
But for that you need to give certain competitive exams such as
AIEEE,WBJEE,IIT etc.

And you must be a degree holder that is a degree of diploma.
All the best.
30th May 2010, 03:46 AM
Aditya.addy
Senior Member+

dear friend,
you can take admission in 3rd semester for engineering for B.Tech programme through lateral entry.
only if you have a diploma degree then only you can take the exam.
30th May 2010, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

i've compleated my diploma.so is it possible to take admission directly in third semester in btech (engineering) without lateral entry test?
31st May 2010, 05:15 AM
sadhan
Senior Member+

dear friend,
To take admission directly in third semester in btech (engineering) as a lateral entry ,you must have completed your diploma degree from polytechnic college.
31st May 2010, 05:31 AM
nalanda
Senior Member++

dear friend,
if you want to take admission in the 3rd semester means in 2nd year then you can take the admission if and only if you have a diploma holder,otherwise there is no any option,
5th June 2010, 09:52 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

Dont worry, you will get admission directly in third semester in btech with the
lateral entry scheme, manny colleges conducts his own entrance exams, if
you have clear this exams, you will definately get admission direct in 3rd
semester or you can also appear the AIEEE and IIT JEE after clear this
entrance exams, you will get admission in 3rd semester in B.tech...
6th June 2010, 07:18 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanghati View Post
heya i wanna take adm in 3rd sem btech in a gud collg...so can i get information about the process involved and the list of universities/collg taking adm in 3rd sem...
Yes you can take admission to third semester through lateral entry. For that you have to pass diploma with 60 % and pass the entrance test.

There are many entrance test for direct second year admission like LEET,LEET-Tu and your state exams
22nd June 2010, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

i m bscit graduate si can get addmission to second year directly for btech
30th June 2010, 02:12 PM
hansaraxit

heya i wanna take adm in 3rd sem btech in a gud collg...so can i get information about the process involved and the list of universities/collg taking adm in 3rd sem
4th July 2010, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

sir recently i m doing btech. in private collage. sir kya mujhe gov collage me 3rd sem me addmission mil gaage jab main aieee 2011 exam dunga. rahul
6th July 2010, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

sir maine study centre se diploma kiya hu kya main btec gov. College me ja sakta hu
7th July 2010, 05:14 PM
answers_for_you

dear friend
you can take admission in 3rd year but the only thing is that-

you must have a 3 yrs diploma degree

and sucssesfull in AIEEE or ANY STATE ENG . ENTRANCE EXAM

if you got good rank on above entrance exam then you must get a good college

wish you best of luck
7th July 2010, 05:19 PM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

hi
for getting admission in btech 2nd year you have to first complete your graduation with bsc or you can also join diploma courses the you can apply for the engineering entrance examination.
14th July 2010, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

sir kya diploma karne k bad aieee ka paper de sakte hai plz reply???????????
23rd July 2010, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

Right now i am pursuing study in seventh semester of chemical engineering (DIPLOMA)from Bhagubhai Polytechnic (Autonomous College),Andheri. I am planing to take my next year Btec admission in chemical engineering in
NIRMA UNIVERSITY Ahemdabad. I have sent lots of mail to Nirma university with different possibilities & they told me that there is no way to take admission in Nirma university for me becoz i will get other state diploma certificate in next year. They have AIEEE quota so I asked them, can i get admission in first year through AIEEE Quota? but they are not able to giving me proper guidance. So can i get some guidance from you that if i want to get my degree in chemical department in Gujarat state than what should i do?can i get admission in first year OR direct second year of Btec? pls reply soon
24th July 2010, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Right i am now pursuing study in seventh semester of chemical engineering (DIPLOMA)from Bhagubhai Polytechnic (AUTONOMOUS COLLEAGE),Bombay. I want to know following details

1. I get direct second year admission to degree college on which semester result? Becoz in last semester i.e 8th semester i will have inplant training
2. Does one year of inplant training makes any differance in my admission?
3. Is any quota for autonomous student for direct second year admission?
pls reply soon I am expecting positive reply from you
13th August 2010, 08:59 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

Entry directly in the 3rd sem is possible through the lateral entry scheme, provided you have done diploma after 10 and the college you want to apply in takes diploma students.

Good Luck!
17th August 2010, 09:28 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

listen to me, u can take admission in 3rd semester of Btech through lateral

entry exam..

different state provide different types of exam for that.

like polytechnic, cet ...

according to the rank in those exam institutes are taking admission..

so, u can take admission in 3rd semester of btech.

all the best..
20th August 2010, 11:26 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friend,

you can get admission to third semester of B.tech course through lateral entry

scheme.you have done diploma after 10 and the college you want to apply in takes

diploma students.you can apply for the engineering entrance examination. you have

clear this exams, you will definitely get admission direct in 3rd semester or you can also

appear the AIEEE and IIT JEE or other state examination.
20th August 2010, 11:33 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

dear frend,
yes you can take admission directly in third semester through lateral entry scheme....different state and institute conducts different lateral exam......but for that you need to be a diploma or a graduate.......
God Luck!!!!
5th September 2010, 02:18 PM
avinash kr.
Banned

you can take admission into 3rd semister by lateral entry . if you complete diploma then you are egliable for lateral entry examination. thanking you
30th November 2010, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

i 've done my iti in fitter trade .how can i get admission in polytechnic.
also tell me in which month this admission take place
27th January 2011, 04:37 PM
mychandru024

Only few colleges will allow it... for that you will have to pass in the enteance exams. AIEEE is one among them.... Go for it.
3rd February 2011, 01:43 PM
aryabhatta

dear

for taking admission in third year directly you have to do a diploma in certain

field than you can join third year directly
5th February 2011, 11:35 AM
bhag

the question is regarding direct entry into second year means he has to complete diploma and has to write ecet exam if he qualifies he directly dnter into seond year
24th February 2011, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

It is possible to get adminstion in second year of B.tech without any state or national level entrance exam after the diploma complition?
3rd March 2011, 08:35 AM
febinsunnygeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan View Post
hi friend,

you can get admission into third year of b.tech course after writing the entrance exams held by the institutees or the admission authority like,

AIEEE,
IIT-JEE
MH-CET,etc

so if you clear these exams you can get admission into most of the colleges (excluding iits and nits) directly into 3rd semester.

sir i have completed my 3 year diploma in tamil nadu...can i get direct 3rd year(not semester) admission in electronics engineering...please mention the name of the college...
3rd March 2011, 08:38 AM
febinsunnygeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by answers_for_you View Post
dear friend
you can take admission in 3rd year but the only thing is that-

you must have a 3 yrs diploma degree

and sucssesfull in AIEEE or ANY STATE ENG . ENTRANCE EXAM

if you got good rank on above entrance exam then you must get a good college

wish you best of luck

sir i have completed my 3 year diploma in electronics with 72% marks....can i join B.E direct 3rd year(not semester)....please let me know the name of ny college having this course...
8th March 2011, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

how we can take admission in second year after passing our first year in another college?
27th March 2011, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i am persuing my diploma by distance education i wanted u to ask that can i get admission in b.tech regular collage......
26th July 2011, 06:43 PM
Muditaga

You should have to complete diploma course from a polytechnic college or you must do B.Sc so that you take admission in B.Tech from lateral entry scheme.
26th July 2011, 06:47 PM
Muditaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansaraxit View Post
heya i wanna take adm in 3rd sem btech in a gud collg...so can i get information about the process involved and the list of universities/collg taking adm in 3rd sem
For entering in 2nd year from lateral entry scheme you should be a diploma holder or graduate in B.Sc.

Most of the universities and colleges take admission through lateral entry scheme
26th July 2011, 06:49 PM
Muditaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i've compleated my diploma.so is it possible to take admission directly in third semester in btech (engineering) without lateral entry test?
No. It is not possible to take admission in college for B.tech with out lateral entry.

Lateral entry is the only way to take admission in B.Tech in 2nd year
28th July 2011, 02:26 AM
brijeshgzp123

Yes you can get admission to third semester of B.tech course through lateral entry scheme.
It is not possible to take admission in college for B.tech with out lateral entry.
Many technical board, and universities available for diploma course.
It also apply with B.Sc holder from recognised universities.
Like as ....

BTEUP,
AMU,
RTU,
PTU,
BBSPU,
AICTE Approved universitie
16th August 2011, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

i am student of degree engg who has 3 subject atkt in ist sem and 3 subjects atkt in2nd sem . ihave applied for revaluation whether iam entitled to join 3r sem in engg mumbai university
deseparate student
20th August 2011, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

is there any proceture or exam by which i can get adm. directly in 3rd semester ...if not a diploma holder......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?