#1  
1st December 2010, 12:32 PM
jyorockss
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1

If boys are eligible for NDA then why not girls?


after +2 boys are eligible to give NDA exam for army or any of the armed forces but y not girls. arnet they worth of it ...even girls want to be a part of armed force ......




  #2  
9th September 2011, 09:45 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: jhumri telaiya
Posts: 1,635
Thumbs up Re: If boys are eligible for NDA then why not girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyorockss View Post
after +2 boys are eligible to give NDA exam for army or any of the armed forces but y not girls. arnet they worth of it ...even girls want to be a part of armed force ......
If boys are eligible for NDA then why not girls?


I don't know the exact reason but i think this is because at that age Girls are physically weaker than Boys and in armed forces you must have good physical fitness . But i strongly believe that the girls are mentally stronger than boys in most of the cases.


The Rules and Regulation followed by NDA is somewhat older and when it was made it was difficult to think that Girls can join Armed forces so we are still following the same custom.


But don't worry ,if you want to join indian army then you can do so after completing your graduation.



With Regards
ravik1214




  #3  
9th September 2011, 11:03 PM
tanmayeetripathy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 297
Default Re: If boys are eligible for NDA then why not girls?

Off the various valid reasons at present which we can discuss followings:-


nda, means national defense academy located in dehradun specially and well constructed for traning male candidates for all the three wings of indian defense services, having all the top edge facilities for male cadets but not for female cadets. If girls will be allowed through nda then additional facilities like- separate living for facility, lady officer in-charge etc. Will also be required.


Female cadets are not allowed in combat department. They are provided technical, ground duty, medical, etc. Except combat because of various valid reasons. The two most valid once are


1) what if during war any female cadet will be taken as hostage by enemy. How can commanding officer take such risk.
2) there are various stages in womens life where a long leave is required. For example- during pregnancy.



However, recommendations have been made for that, infact bill was accepted in parliament. And supreme court has also accpeted that but defense chiefs and other head of staff officer are not ready to accept due to various reasons as discuss above. So, repetition has been made supreme court is yet to give any final decision.




  #4  
19th November 2011, 11:51 PM
princedangi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: meerut
Posts: 35
Default Re: If boys are eligible for NDA then why not girls?

so you say why not girls good question due to the long duration of training
Reply With Quote
  #5  
16th January 2012, 06:50 PM
ram1246
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 34
Default Re: If boys are eligible for NDA then why not girls?

HELLO MADAM

so you want to join NDA(national defense academy)

first ill tell something about NDA then if you send your details then we can know that your eligible for NDA or not

But don't worry girls are also eligible for NDA

First you need to fit physically then

Coming to your academics you need to maintain above 75% from your 10th standards till your graduation.



It is very difficult but you should definitely try for it >

ALL THE BEST
Reply With Quote
  #6  
7th May 2012, 03:18 PM
rocking_pr
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Patna
Posts: 36
Default Re: If boys are eligible for NDA then why not girls?

sorry these things are not in our hands, may be the main reason is physical fitness and harrasment which can't be bear by girls than boys.....i strongly recommend girls to be a part of NDA as my sister wants to be a part of it......
Reply With Quote
  #7  
12th May 2012, 07:16 PM
rachender singh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 460
Thumbs up Re: If boys are eligible for NDA then why not girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyorockss View Post
after +2 boys are eligible to give NDA exam for army or any of the armed forces but y not girls. arnet they worth of it ...even girls want to be a part of armed force ......
Girls are not a part of many armed forces.

It is seen that girls are not a part of many defence forces but boys are. This is mainly due to the field work. There are a large no. of field work where male person can do work in a better way then the girls.
secondly, you can understand the this concept by physical structure. due to it girls are not mainly prefers for defence.

thanks
Reply With Quote
  #8  
26th May 2012, 09:10 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ludhiana,punjab
Posts: 1,136
Default Re: If boys are eligible for NDA then why not girls?

I'm sorry to inform that Girls are not allowed to apply for NDA Exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Union Public Service Commission conducts NDA exam to recruit candidate to The Army, Navy and the Air force wings of the National Defence Academy.

Qualification for NDA:- 12th passed or Equivalent passed certificate from recognized state board.

AGE for NDA:- Between 16.5 to 19 years.

Gender:- Male

Martial Status:- Unmarried

Nationality:- Indian
Reply With Quote
  #9  
13th August 2012, 11:17 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bihar
Posts: 3,272
Default Re: If boys are eligible for NDA then why not girls?

Dear Friend,

Its very hard to tell you the reason that if boys are eligible for NDA Exam then why not girls because its the decision of the UPSC that what eligibility criteria it sets , we all have to follow .

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
14th August 2012, 04:03 PM
BHAUMIK K. PATEL
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 487
Default Re: If boys are eligible for NDA then why not girls?

Dear Friend,

Female cadets are not allowed in combat department. They are provided technical, ground duty, medical, etc.

Except combat because of various valid reasons. The two most valid once are


1) what if during war any female cadet will be taken as hostage by enemy. How can commanding officer take such risk.

2) there are various stages in womens life where a long leave is required. For example- during pregnancy.



However, recommendations have been made for that, infact bill was accepted in parliament.

And supreme court has also accpeted that but defense chiefs and other head of staff officer are not ready to accept due to various reasons as discuss above. So, repetition has been made supreme court is yet to give any final decision.

GOOD LUCK.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
17th May 2013, 08:08 PM
skushagra45
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 37
Smile Re: If boys are eligible for NDA then why not girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyorockss View Post
after +2 boys are eligible to give NDA exam for army or any of the armed forces but y not girls. arnet they worth of it ...even girls want to be a part of armed force ......
yes, girls should be part of indian armed force but there are so many colleges where only girls are trained and boys are not allowed. same is the case in NDA where girls are not allowed.
all the best..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
17th May 2013, 08:12 PM
skushagra45
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 37
Thumbs up Re: If boys are eligible for NDA then why not girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyorockss View Post
after +2 boys are eligible to give NDA exam for army or any of the armed forces but y not girls. arnet they worth of it ...even girls want to be a part of armed force ......
yes, girls should be apart of Indian armed forces but there are so many colleges in India where only girls are allowed and the boys are not permitted. same is the case with NDA where only boys are permitted and girls are not allowed.
all the best
Reply With Quote
  #13  
18th May 2013, 12:47 AM
surya143prakashrao
Member+
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 156
Default Re: If boys are eligible for NDA then why not girls?

No, women can neither give nor take the NDA entrance exam.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
18th May 2013, 01:14 AM
jatoth balu
Member+
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 60
Default Re: If boys are eligible for NDA then why not girls?

Hello Dear,
I'm sorry to inform that Girls are not allowed to apply for NDA Exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Union Public Service Commission conducts NDA exam to recruit candidate to The Army, Navy and the Air force wings of the National Defence Academy.

Qualification for NDA:- 12th passed or Equivalent passed certificate from recognized state board.

AGE for NDA:-----------
-------> Between 16.5 to 19 years.

------->Gender:- Male

-------->Martial Status:- Unmarried

--------->Nationality:- Indian
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<All the Best>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Reply With Quote
  #15  
18th May 2013, 12:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 18,512
Default Re: If boys are eligible for NDA then why not girls?

According to notification Girls are not eligible for NDA examination.

You shouldn't worry about that Girls are not eligible for NDA examination because if you complete Graduation then you can apply for CDS examination.

I think you don't know that NDA is a Academy and those who are selected for NDA are given admission a Graduation and after completion of Graduation they are sent for training. After completion of training they become officer.

So in the end it is equal for Boys and Girls. You can also complete your Graduation from any University and apply for examination like CDS , AFCAT or various special entry schemes for getting into Defense.

If you want to experience a Soldier like life in young age then you can join NCC while doing Graduation.

If you get a NCC 'C' certificate with atleast B grade then you will be eligible for Women Special Entry Scheme for NCC cadets.

The number of female recruited in Indian Defense is very less compared to males. So this also may be the reason for not allowing girls to apply for NDA.

The age limit for NDA is 16.5 to 19 years and most of the parents in India will not allow their daughters to join NDA at that age and this may lead to recruitment of not so suitable candidates in NDA.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
Reply With Quote
  #16  
18th May 2013, 08:34 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SECUENDERABAD, A.P. INDIA
Posts: 2,044
Default Re: If boys are eligible for NDA then why not girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyorockss View Post
after +2 boys are eligible to give NDA exam for army or any of the armed forces but y not girls. arnet they worth of it ...even girls want to be a part of armed force ......
hi!
Join N.D.A is not very tough but Doing training is very tough job.

You have to accept that female have lass stamina then the male you to physcal and mental status.

So that is why girl are not eligible for N.D.A exam.

If you want to join Indian Defence then you have to apply after passing graduation with any stream.

After passing graduation with any stream you have to qualify the entrance exam called as Combined Defence Services.

C.D.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.

Age limit for C.D.S exam is 19-25 Year.

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
19th May 2013, 11:25 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: India
Posts: 2,487
Default Re: If boys are eligible for NDA then why not girls?

The girls are not allowed for NDA,well there are certain criteria which is necessary to apply for the NDA,but girls do not fulfill such criteria.

For NDA all the persons has to face a rigorous training and to complete that a lot of physical strength is required.
I am not at all saying that girls are not capable of doing that job but as we all know that physical strength of a male is higher than that of female candidate.
However we have a chance for girls too who want to become a Army officer and that chance is known as CDS exam held twice in a year and all male and female candidate who are unmarried and between 19-24 years of age can give this exam and fulfill their dream to become a Army officer.

Girls can join army and air force by TGC.
**YOU MUST BE GRADUATE FROM A RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY.
**AGE LIMIT IS 20-27 YEARS.
YOU MUST BE PHYSICALLY AS WELL AS MENTALLY FIT

For more details visit the official website of air force,army and navy.
www.careerairforce.nic.in-airforce
www.nausena-bharti.nic.in-navy
www.joinindianarmy.nic.in-army
Reply With Quote
  #18  
12th February 2019, 06:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: If boys are eligible for NDA then why not girls?

I don't think this is about equality. I don't think so if i imagine my mother or sister fighting in such a war with inhuman enemies.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
14th February 2019, 02:54 PM
Maa Ka Pyar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 69
Default Re: If boys are eligible for NDA then why not girls?

Yes sir boys are eligible for NDA(national defence academy) but girl candidates are not eligible for NDA OR they can not become commissioned officer through NDA.
there are various reasons for this.
1. NDA training period are 4 years which involves various types of hard work you can imagine the hardships life should be fulfilled as par the necessity of military environment which is not fit for girl candidates.
2. NDA exam look the officer like quality in candidates at early stage which is 12th class this quality is generally not inculcate in the girls candidates at 12th level.
3.boys are physically more fit than the girls which is good for defence force.
But there are lot of opportunity for girls to become a commissioned officer in defence force through various exams.
1. CDS(combined defence service)
2.AFCAT(airforce combined aptitude test) only for Air Force.
3. UES (university entry scheme) etc.
Reply With Quote
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.0
vBulletin Optimisation by vB Optimise.
Please also check: