16th July 2011, 10:53 PM
jiya jaiswal

If I like Physics and hate numericals which stream would be better for me?

i like physics but i hate its numericals,,,,,,and i have little more knowledge about computer language,,,so which stream will be better for me.and which one is going to have more demand in future....
accept btech also which feild i can take,,,,i hav passed 12 with pcm(62%),,,,and which coolege is best in gorakhpur with minimum fees

29th March 2012, 09:03 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: If I like Physics and hate numericals which stream would be better for me?

Hi

Physics is a totally technical subject and so I am sorry but if you like physics and want to study it, Numerical's would be with you till the time you study it.

Still if you like Physics the 1st course you can go for is the B.Sc in Physics/ Physics Honors from any recognized university in India.

If not, then you can go for engineering in which you have to sit for the entrance exams like IIT, AIEEE, DCE, WB JEE, UPTU etc and then on clearing on you can take up a stream and college anywhere in India where you want to study.

This course would be of 4 years.

However if you want to enter the computer career, then you can go for BCA + MCA which is 5 years course 2 and 3 years respectively.
It totally based on programming languages and all.

You have got 62% marks in your 12th which is over 60% and so you do not need to worry about the Eligibility of any. You are eligible for any graduation course that you want to take.

However to get physics honors in any university you would face a lot of problems because of the high cut offs that are seen over the years and you have managed only 62%.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
29th March 2012, 09:18 PM
bablucena9

Default Re: If I like Physics and hate numericals which stream would be better for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiya jaiswal View Post
i like physics but i hate its numericals,,,,,,and i have little more knowledge about computer language,,,so which stream will be better for me.and which one is going to have more demand in future....
accept btech also which feild i can take,,,,i hav passed 12 with pcm(62%),,,,and which coolege is best in gorakhpur with minimum fees
Dear, if you like physics but hate numericals. This is not fair.
You should choose best option.
I think you must do b.sc honours with physics otherwise choose engineering course.
Ok dear.
Best of luck
29th March 2012, 09:22 PM
aboutblank
Junior Member+

Default Re: If I like Physics and hate numericals which stream would be better for me?

If you like physics you read physics in your free time/ leisure in a relaxed manner. Anyway you are not going to prove theorems so enjoy the literature. For that you need a good library, No need to waste time on math oriented courses when you like physics only.

For money and food you need a job, you will get a good job in the field you don;t mind to work on, that may be computer or IT, go for BCA-MCA, MSc Comp.Science et al and you will definitely face math. Math is a unavoidable part of all course.

Instead of running away from math you can tame the devil of math, prepare from simple basic math books, get a good math prof nearby and start asking questions, befriend math, get good contacts who can guide you on math. Then you will start liking math more.

As far as physics is concerned start reading Feynman lectures (all volumes) in Physics, you will know the wonder and importance of physics and the required math, since math is not used extensively in the book it would be a happy reading experience

Good luck

~There is no limit for imagination, no limit to excel~ -- Aj
29th March 2012, 11:28 PM
mohdimani

Hi

I agree with Ranjeet.

If you love the body of a car, you have to like the interior too. Otherwise you can end up disliking it after all.

My point is, in order to enjoy Physics, you have to have the passion for the numericals.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?