15th September 2012, 03:04 PM
hemlata.patil

Information about NET/SET? I have completed PG from NMU

i want detail information about NET/SET i have completed my post graduation from NMU i want to appeaer NET/SET
what is its procedure

3rd November 2012, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Information about NET/SET? I have completed PG from NMU

Dear sir,

I am passed M.Sc from NMU (2000 ) but i am tried for set//net exam but i want information about procedure for net/set
4th November 2012, 09:55 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Well first you need to know the difference between NET and SET. The National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted for college lectureship in central government colleges. The entrance exam is conducted twice a year by the University Grants Commission.

State Eligibility Test (SET) is a state level exam which is conducted by each state of India separately. The ones who don't conduct SET exams have to hire lecturer on the basis of NET Exam.

The educational criteria and other requirement for the both exams are the same. To apply for NET/SET you need to wait for the official notification. Then apply for the exam as per the guidelines mentioned in the notification. But before you do apply, please make sure that you meet the criteria mentioned below.

Eligibility

1. Candidate should be of Indian origin.

2. There is no restriction on number of attempts.

Education

1. A post graduation degree in any discipline.

2. You must complete PG course from a UGC recognized university.

3. At least 55 percent marks in post graduation.

4. SC/ST need 50 percent marks to appear for NET/SET.

5. Students in the final year of PG course can also apply.

6. But they should submit PG degree within 2 years of clearing NET exam.

Age Criteria

1. The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

2. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

3. SC/ST are given 5 years relaxation.

4. There is no upper age limit for College Lectureship.
27th January 2013, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir or mam I m 34 years old. I m 1st year m.a. student in ycmouniversity. can I give net or set exam please give me the exam information. my email id [email protected]
19th March 2013, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

THERE IS ANY AGE CRITERIA FOR NET- SET EXAM ?
DETAIL INFORMATION ABOUT NET-SET? I HAVE NOT KNOWLEDGE ABOUT DIS EXAM
2nd August 2013, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for set exam having completed b.e with 1st class and pursuing m.e
3rd August 2013, 02:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for CSIR NET if you have completed B.E with 55% marks (5% relaxation is available to SC/ST/PWD candidates).

CSIR NET notification is already out and you can apply for it if you have above marks in your Engineering Graduation.

Age limit for Junior Research Fellowships is 28 years for General category. Age relaxation of 5 years is given to SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates.

Exam Pattern:

For more information ClickHere
3rd August 2013, 03:50 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemlata.patil View Post
i want detail information about NET/SET i have completed my post graduation from NMU i want to appeaer NET/SET
what is its procedure

Hi,

NET – National Eligibility Test

SET – State Eligibility Test

NET /SET are the basic eligibility test that a person has to qualify if he /she wants to become a lecturer or wants to apply for Junior Research fellowship.

NET is a national level entrance exam while SET is state level exam.

To be eligible for NET or SET, you need to satisfy these eligibility conditions ~

You should be a post graduate from a recognised university from UGC.

Final year students can also apply.

You should have scored 55% marks in post graduation.

For SC /ST candidates marks required are 50%.

For lecturership, there is no age restriction.

For JRF, the upper age limit is 28 years.

Upper age limit is relaxed by 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST category.
3rd August 2013, 08:02 PM
saiprudhvi499

Hai Friend,

The details about the NET Exam is given below:

National Eligibility Test (NET) Exam:

1)University Grants Commission (UGC) conducts National Eligibility Test (NET) every year.

2)It is conducted to determine eligibility of entrants for lectureship or to award Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). The candidates can also appear for both at the same time.

3)Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) conducts UGC-CSIR NET for certain Science subjects like Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Chemical Sciences etc.

4)The real aim of conducting NET exam is to ensure that only qualified professionals with minimum standards are getting into teaching profession and research.

5)It is conducted twice a year i. e; during the month of June and December. The notification regarding the exam will be published through leading newspapers during March and September respectively.

Structure and Pattern of NET exam:

1)For both lectureship and JRF same question paper is prepared by UGC.

2)It constitutes subjects as follows:

Paper I -Objective Type- General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Methods (50 questions) – 100 Marks

Paper II- Objective Type – Core Subject (50 questions)- 100 Marks

Paper III- Descriptive Type – Core Subject – will have four sections. Section 1- 5x5= 25 marks (30 words), Section 2 –15x5=75 marks (30 words), Section 3- 5x12= 60 marks (200 words) and Section 4- 1x40= 40 marks(1000 words)
Grand Total = 400 marks

3) Paper I & II constitutes the first half. It is conducted during day time. Paper III, the next half is conducted afternoon. There is no negative marking for objective questions.
4) Previous years question papers of all the subjects are given in the official website of UGC.

Qualification Criteria for NET exam:

1) The candidates must have completed Post Graduation in the desired subject. They must have secured Master’s Degree with a minimum of 55% from any reputed college under UGC recognition.

2)The candidates appearing for last semester exam can even attend NET exam. Thirty Five years is the maximum age limit. There is relaxation of 3 years OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Application Procedure for NET exam:

The candidates have to apply online before the specific date announced by UGC. 2 print outs of filled in online application form, exam attendance slip and admission card at the respective centers (with fee receipt and category certificate(s) are the documents required for applying to this exam.

All the best.
4th August 2013, 12:26 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Information about NET/SET? I have completed PG from NMU

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemlata.patil View Post
what is its procedure

Details About NET/SET

National Eligibility Test and State Eligibility Test are both similar exams and conducted by the UGC..

The only difference between the 2 is that NET is conducted at an all India level and SET is conducted at the state level..

By appearing for the NET/SET..you are eligible to join either lectureship or Junior Research Fellowship

The minimum qualifications that you must have for appearing in the NET or SET Exam are :-

1) You should be an Indian citizen..

2) You must have completed your post graduation in any discipline from recognized University..

3) You must have also scored a minimum of 55% in masters degree..

4) If you are an SC/ST candidate then you should have at least 50%

5) The minimum age limit in order to appear for the NET exam is 18 years..

6) You must be less than 28 years of age if you wish to apply for Junior Research Fellowship..

Note :-

1) There is no restriction on the number of times one can appear for the NET Exam..

2) There is no upper age limit for applying for lectureship..

You can also Click Here to have more details on UGC NET..

There are 3 papers which you will have to clear in NET..

Paper-1 is general and common for all streams whereas Paper-2 and 3 shall be specifically based on your subject..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
31st October 2013, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

What syllabus for NET/SET for MBA Marketing?
3rd July 2016, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

After attending net set exam can we get only government college for lectureship?
3rd August 2019, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Please give set exam marathi nmuj subject syllabus
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?