29th August 2012, 11:03 PM
kishorsaya

Information about SET and NET exam? I have completed first year BSc

sir i have complete the first year b.sc
i intrested in chem so give me full information of set & net exam??????

2nd September 2012, 06:47 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Information about SET and NET exam? I have completed first year BSc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishorsaya View Post
sir i have complete the first year b.sc
i intrested in chem so give me full information of set & net exam??????
SET and NET are lectureship eligibility test conducted and regulated by University Grant Commission. NET stands for National Eligibility Test and is conducted in national level and candidates who qualifies the same may apply for the position of Assistant Professor in Universities and Colleges situated anywhere in India whereas qualifying SET/SLET (State Lectureship Eligibility Test) enables the aspirant to apply for the aforementioned position in Universities and Colleges situated within the jurisdiction of each state.

Now, in order to be eligible for these tests, one must possess masters degree in any discipline awarded by a recognized university. The minimum percentage of marks required in the qualifying examination is 55% for candidates belonging to general and OBC category and 50% for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.

As you have mentioned that you are interested in Chemistry, you must pursue your masters degree program in the same subject in order to be eligible to take the test in it. Candidates possessing masters degree in a particular discipline are allowed to take the tests in the same subject.

For further information about both National Eligibility Test as well as State Lectureship Eligibility Test, refer to the official website of University Grant Commission.
31st May 2013, 01:03 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Information about SET and NET exam? I have completed first year BSc

Master degree holders with a minimum of 55% marks can appear for SET and NET exam. NET exam is conducted by UGC two times a year. SET exam is usually conducted by the concerned state authorities. As you are interested in Chemistry, you can attend NET/SET after completing masters in Chemistry. Qualifying NET allows you to join as Asst professor in government colleges. SET qualified ones can join as HSC teachers.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?