10th August 2012, 05:35 PM
tepaleshubhada

Can I appear for SET/NET exam after scoring 59% in M.Com degree?

Sir/Madam I got 59% of M.Com Degree? can i appear SET/NET Exam And also send the information about Next SET exam of 2012 year

12th August 2012, 03:00 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I appear for SET/NET exam after scoring 59% in M.Com degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tepaleshubhada View Post
Sir/Madam I got 59% of M.Com Degree? can i appear SET/NET Exam And also send the information about Next SET exam of 2012 year
Eligibility Criterion For UGC NET

A candidate is eligible for appearing for the UGC NET Exam only if :-

1) The candidate has cleared his post graduation with an aggregate of 55% from a recognized University..

2) The candidates applying for JRF must be less than 28 years of age as seen on the first date of the month in which the examination will be held..

For more updates on the exam or in case you have any queries regarding the exam then you can Click Here

Since you have scored 59% in your M.Com hence you are definitely eligible for the NET Exam..

The NET Exam is conducted every year in the months of June and December..

I have attached a few previous year papers of NET Commerce Exam along with this post for your reference..

I hope all this info helps you out..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
12th August 2012, 04:11 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I appear for SET/NET exam after scoring 59% in M.Com degree?

Eligibility Criterion For UGC NET

ELIGIBILITY-

1) The candidate has cleared his post graduation with an aggregate of 55% from a recognized University..

2) AGE- 27 years

For more updates on the exam or in case you have any queries regarding the exam then you can Click Here

Since you have scored 59% in your M.Com hence you are definitely eligible for the NET Exam..

The NET Exam is conducted every year in the months of June and December..

I have attached a few previous year papers of NET Commerce Exam along with this post for your reference..

Attached Files
Commerce-December-2006-Paper-2nd.pdf(60.9 KB, 0 views)
Commerce-December-2006-Paper-3rd.pdf(60.9 KB, 0 views)
Commerce-December-2007-Paper-2nd.pdf(60.9 KB, 0 views)
Commerce-December-2007-Paper-3rd.pdf(60.9 KB, 0 views)
Commerce-December-2008-Paper-3rd.pdf(60.9 KB, 0 views)

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/can-i-appear-set-net-exam-after-scoring-59-m-com-degree-902829.html#ixzz23K6ihn2N
15th August 2012, 07:03 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Yes you are eligible for the NET examination as per your educational qualifications.

* The eligibility criteria that you require in order to appear for NET are :

1) You must have completed your post graduation from any recognized college/university with a minimum of 555 marks.

* Your age should remain in between 21-28 years for the post of JRF otherwise there is no limit for the lecturer post.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
24th August 2012, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Can we appear for SET in other states? I have got information that we can appear as a general candidate and in case we qualified, we are eligible for lecturership in that particular state only but for all central universities across the country. How for is it valid, I don't know??? Just Need help????
7th November 2012, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Due to some reason I have secured 47% marks in MA first semester.I am sure about securing 55% marks above in next semesters.I am belonged sc category.can i appear in ugc net exam?
7th November 2012, 10:48 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

Yes you can appear for the NET exam after completing M.com with 59% of marks.

NET stands for the National Eligibility Test. This exam conducted by the UGC.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

Candidate should complete the Post Graduation from any recognized university.

You should score minimum 55% of marks in Post Graduation.

The candidate should apply for the NET exam is candidate lectureship.

Candidate need the JRF. JRF means Junior Research Fellowship.

Candidate Lectureship there is no upper age limit. But JRF Candidates age limit should be between 18 to 28 years.

All the best.
7th November 2012, 11:10 PM
sudha001

Hello friend,
yes, you can appear for ugc net/set exam,no need to worry about your marks as you are eligible to sit for this exam. The criteria is to have 55% in your M.A. Degree and you have above 55% so do not worry.
Regarding exam information ugc net/set exam held twice in a year in the month of june and december. So i would suggest you to visit official page in the month of may and november ,as the date is published before 1month , in the official page as well as in the leading newspapers across the country.
Thank you . .
8th November 2012, 09:28 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can appear for National Eligibility Test or State Eligibility Test. The requirement is post graduation degree with 55 percent marks. Since you have scored 59 percent marks in M.Com, there should be no problem for you to appear for NET/SET entrance exam.

National Eligibility Tes (NET) is conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for the central government. While State Eligibility Test (SET) is conducted by education board of the each state of India.

Both exams are conducted for same reason which is PhD and college lectureship. Those who want college lecturer job in central government colleges should appear for NET. While those want job in a particular state should appear for SET exam of that state.

The eligibility criteria for both the exams is same. Please check that out below.

Eligibility

1. You should be Indian citizen.

2. A post graduation degree, obtained from a UGC recognized university.

3. Minimum of 55 percent marks.

4. SC/ST need 50 percent marks.

5. Final year students can also apply.

6. Your NET subject should be relevant to post graduation degree.

7. There is no limit on number of attempts.

Age Criteria

1. The age limit for JRF is 28 years for General.

2. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC and

3. Five years relaxation for SC/ST.

4. There is no age limit for lectureship.

The NET exam is conducted twice a year in the months of June and December. The admission process to appear for December 2012 exam is over therefore you will have to appear for June 2013 Exam.

The dates of SET exam varies from state to state.
8th November 2012, 01:35 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

Yes, you can appear for NET/ SET with 59% marks.

Eligibility -Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks ( without rounding off ) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities ( including languages ) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.

NET i.e. National Eligibility Test is conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC)

This test is conducted by the UGC twice a year usually in the months of June and December.
8th November 2012, 01:42 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

Yes, you can appear for NET/ SET with 59% marks.

Eligibility -Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks ( without rounding off ) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities ( including languages ) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.

NET i.e. National Eligibility Test is conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC)

This test is conducted by the UGC twice a year usually in the months of June and December.
8th November 2012, 02:36 PM
mahhiads

Hello Friend,

You Are Eligible For NET/SET Exam

Eligibility :

Post Graduate With 55% (50% For SC/ST) And Appear Student From Recognized University.

Age Limit :

General : 21 To 28 Years (Relaxation As Govt Rules)

Syllabus :

General Knowledge,
Current Affairs,
Reasoning Ability
Quantitative Methods
Core Subject

8th November 2012, 08:35 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Hello Friend,

Yes you are absolutely eligible for the NET/SET as per your educational qualifications.

As NET Stands for "National Eligibility Test" whereas SET Stands for "State Eligibility Test".

* NET Is conducted twice every year by the University Grants Commission in the months of June and December for the post of JRF and Lecturer-ship.

* SET is conducted by the educational board of respective states every year for the same posts.

The Eligibility Criteria For NET/SET are :

* You must have completed your Post Graduation from any recognized university with a minimum of 55%.

* There is no age limit for the post of Lecturer-ship but the age must lie in between 21-28 years for the post of JRF.

* There is no bar on number of attempts for this examination.

Hope the above mentioned will provide you the information you were searching for.
9th November 2012, 12:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible for NET and SLET exam. These exams are conducted for lecturership in colleges. Those who pass this exam can apply for lecturerships in universities.

For NET and SET you should be post graduate in any discipline from a recognised university. You have to clear a objective type exam if you have to pass this exam.

For these exams one must be a post graduate or in final year of post graduate.

You have to give paper in the subject in which you have done your post graduation.

These exams will make you eligible for junior research fellowships so it will help in your future studies .

The age limit for JRF is 27 years hence if you want to get JRF then you must qualify this exam before 27 years.

For lecturership there is no age limit.
9th November 2012, 02:39 PM
Ravi kumar pawar
Member+

Hi
You are eligible for SET/NET exam.

Eligibility for this exam:

-post graduation with minimum 55% from recognized university

Age limit: candidate age must be less than 28 year
Your percent in post graduation is 59% than you are eligible for exam.
Good luck

Age limit
10th November 2012, 12:01 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.........

NET stands for National Eligibility Test

SET Stands for State Eligibility Test

NET this examination in conducted by the UGC ( University Grant Commission ). This Examination held twice in a year. If your interested to become an Lecturer then you should compulsory qualified in NET Examination.

To apply For NET Examination you have to complete master degree in any stream from any recognized university.

You should score minimum 55% marks in Master's degree and relaxation will be applicable for SC/ST candidates.

If you score 54.99% percentage then your not eligible for NET Examination. Final year candidates may also eligible to apply for this examination, But the candidate required to Submit the Course Completion Certificate.

Your age should be not more then 28 years for Junior Research Fellowship Program, If you belong from SC/ST candidates then relaxation will applicable. There is no upper age limit for Lecturership Program. Any age candidates may eligible to apply for Lecturership Programe.

all the best.........

Regards.........
Tash
17th June 2013, 01:10 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by tepaleshubhada View Post
Yes, you're eligible for both the NET/SET Entrance Examination .

The Applicant who Complete Master degree course with 55% Percentage of marks are make the applicant of this NET Entrance Examination .

You have to score 59% Percentage of marks in you're M.com course. There is No Issue with you're educational Qualification .

SLET Stands for (State Lectureship Eligibility Test )

NET (National Eligiblity Test ) and this examination is Organized by UGC (University Grant Commission) every year Two times in a year, The examination was Held during the month of June and December Every year.

The Notification for this Entrance Examination Updated in the official website and also published in Employment news paper during the Month December.

The candidate who are interested/ Aspiring to participate in this Entrance Examination then the applicant should be fulfill the following criteria ,

Holders of Master degree course in any discipline from a recognized University/ Institution are eligible to take part in this NET Entrance Examination and
Appearing Final Semester or Awaiting for Master degree course may also eligible to apply for this Entrance Examination .

This Entrance Examination required Minimum 55% marks in your Post Graduation . So, You have need to secure Minimum 55% Percentage of marks in you're Master degree course and Upto 5% Percentage of marks relaxation will be applicable for sc/st candidates .

Any Subject candidates are applicable for this Entrance Examination .

No age limit for required for Lectureship Post But, to appear in Junior Research Fellowship you're age should be Maximum 28 years and relaxation of 33 years is given for SC/ST/PH/OBC.

Any Candidate who satisfy the educational qualification may eligible to apply for this Entrance Examination in Online Mode by Visiting the Official website of UGC . The examination fees of NET was Rs 450 /-

For More Details Please Visit here :- http://www.ugc.ac.in/
30th July 2013, 02:02 AM
Unregistered

I have 53.25%in bsl.llb 5years course.now admitted for llm in business law course for first year.i want to know about shoul i qualify for the SET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?