5th August 2012, 01:31 PM
shilpa yerapwar

Can i be eligible for NET SET exam after completing BSc with 58% aggregate

i comleted my BSc (chemistry, Biotechnology, & microbilogy) with 58% agregate marks , and i also completed my PG in MBA (Finance) with 57.25% agregate marks...
can i eligible for net-set exam?

26th December 2012, 05:25 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i be eligible for NET SET exam after completing BSc with 58% aggregate

YES, you are Eligible to sit in the UGC NET exams.

Educational Qualifications for the UGC NET exams is Post Graduation pass with Minimum 55% marks for General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for SC/ST candidates

This exam is held two times in a year that is June and December

If you want to apply for JRF than maximum age to apply is 28 years
For Lectureship there is no Upper age CAP to apply
26th December 2012, 07:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i be eligible for NET SET exam after completing BSc with 58% aggregate

UGC NET is conducted for post graduate degree holders for making them eligible for Government Lecturer posts in Universities.

So if you have done your post graduation from a recognised university then you can definitely apply for UGC NET exam .

If you qualify this exam then you will be also eligible for JRF in you respective field if you are below 28 years of age.

The subject in which you have to give the UGC NET paper will be based on your post graduation subjects . Hence you must have very good knowledge of your subjects to qualify this exam.

Also make sure that you have got 55 % marks in your post graduation if you are General and OBC category.

There is relaxation in %age for SC/ST and they need only 50 % in their post graduation.

For more information visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in
26th December 2012, 07:28 PM
shakeer408

Hello Sir I Was Completed my B.Tech in Electronics and communications in Andhrapradesh Can i eligible for to apply for jobs in Tamilanadu public service commission...

Thanking you sir..
26th December 2012, 07:38 PM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Can i be eligible for NET SET exam after completing BSc with 58% aggregate

Hi,

Offcourse you are Eligible to NET and SET exam.

NET is National Eligibility Test.

The University Grants Commission announces holding of the National Eligibility Test (NET) for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Lectureship only or Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Eligibility for Lectureship.
Eligibility Criteria :

Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in

Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year)

The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th
September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.

Junior Research Fellowship: Not more than 28 years .

ii) Lectureship: There is no upper age limit for applying for lectureship eligibility.

NET/SLET/SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment

Universities which provide NET :

Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh – 202002.
University of Allahabad, Allahabad – 211002.
Andhra University, Visakhapatnam – 530003.
Rajiv Gandhi University, Rono Hills, Itanagar – 791111.
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi – 221005.
Bangalore University, Bengaluru – 560056.
M.P. Bhoj Open University, Raja Bhoj Marg, Bhopal – 462016.

Date of Exam : NET Examination-30th December, 2012

SET :
Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Lectureship (SET)
Accredited by U.G.C.. & Conducted by University Of Pune As a state Agency

for more details visit :http://setexam.unipune.ac.in/
Cool.....
26th December 2012, 07:57 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

NET/SET - National Eligibility Test/State Eligibility Test conducted by UGC for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Post Graduation in any stream with 55% marks(50% for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University. There is no upper age limit for those applying for Lectureship but the candidate applying for JRF should be within the age of 28 years.

So if you have completed Post Graduation with the above eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for NET SET.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugc.ac.in
26th December 2012, 08:27 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Yes, you will be eligible for NET SET if you have completed Post Graduation with required eligibility criteria.

NET/SET stands for National Eligibility Test/State Eligibility Test conducted by UGC for selection of Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Post Graduation with any stream with 55% marks from a recognised University with no upper age restriction for those applying for Lectureship but those applying for JRF should be within 28 years.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugc.ac.in
26th December 2012, 08:40 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

NET- National Eligibility Test.

NET exam is conducted by the UGC(University Grants Commission) two times in a year i.e in the month of june and december.

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate should have to complete Post-Graduation with atleast 55% of marks from a recognised university.

5% of marks relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

The candidate must be a citizen of india.

Final year exams appearing candidates are also eligible.

Age criteria:-

For JRF(Junior Research Fellowship):-

The maximum age limit to apply this exam is 28 years and there is no minimum age limit to apply this exam.

The minimum age limit is 19 years and there is no maximum age limit to apply this exam.

Paper Pattern:-

For more details CLICK HERE

All the best.
27th September 2013, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for ugc net after passing M.A in English with 57.25% from IGNOU?
6th October 2013, 02:04 AM
pooja.maheshwari

UGC NET is conducted for post graduate degree holders for making them eligible for Government Lecturer posts in Universities.

So if you have done your post graduation from a recognised university then you can definitely apply for UGC NET exam .

If you qualify this exam then you will be also eligible for JRF in you respective field if you are below 28 years of age.

The subject in which you have to give the UGC NET paper will be based on your post graduation subjects . Hence you must have very good knowledge of your subjects to qualify this exam.

Also make sure that you have got 55 % marks in your post graduation if you are General and OBC category.

There is relaxation in %age for SC/ST and they need only 50 % in their post graduation.

For more information visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in
29th April 2014, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

i have completed B.Sc in maths. Now i am pursuing MA in political science from IGNOU. Am i elegible for appearing net/slet?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?