29th January 2012, 04:50 PM
rakesh singhania

What is the allotted package in PSU for computer engineer?

Dear sir,
plz tell me about the alloted package in psu for computer engineer
since i m final year student of b.tech.(cs). is private sector gives better
package than psu and plz tell me the life in the various psu's company.
i would like to get more package.Plz tell me sir immediately.

Related Questions:
21st November 2012, 03:45 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the allotted package in PSU for computer engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh singhania View Post
Dear sir,
plz tell me about the alloted package in psu for computer engineer
since i m final year student of b.tech.(cs). is private sector gives better
package than psu and plz tell me the life in the various psu's company.
i would like to get more package.Plz tell me sir immediately.
Dear,

There are only few PSUs that take computer engineers for the post of graduate trainee engineers. They recruit either through GATE or by their own written exams which they conduct every year according to vacancies.

Some of the PSUs where you can apply are:
  1. DRDO
  2. ISRO
  3. MTNL
  4. NHPC
  5. ONGC
  6. IOCL
  7. SAIL
  8. BEL
  9. HAL
  10. BARC

Salary in PSU as a fresher is quite high and ranges from 4lac to 9lac per year. It comes with several other benefits like housing facility, many allowances and pension which you get after retirement which you will not get in private companies. Also, at the time of recession you will not have to loose your job as in private companies.

Work environment and culture of both PSU and private companies are different. Where private companies offer vibrant, young, fresh and peppy work environment PSUs provides a calm, systematic and disciplined environment. There will not be much work load in PSUs and you will be able to take more leaves which you will never take in private companies.

After some point private companies offer more salary than PSUs and this is the reason why many employee working in PSUs switch to private companies after completing there higher education like MBA.

So if you get a chance to work in any PSU don't miss it at all. Work their for 5-6 years and then if you wish you can switch to private if it offers you much more salary. If you want a secure life you have to lessen your greed and work honestly in PSU without any switching for your whole life as if you get at higher post in PSU after much experience nothing can be better than that!

All the best!
18th June 2023, 07:16 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Default Re: What is the allotted package in PSU for computer engineer?

The salary packages allotted to computer engineers in Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) in India can vary depending on factors such as the specific PSU, job role, experience, and location. However, PSUs generally offer competitive salary packages and benefits to computer engineers.

For entry-level positions, the salary range for computer engineers in PSUs typically starts from ₹4 to ₹9 lakhs per year. It's important to note that this range is an estimate and can vary across different PSUs.

As computer engineers gain experience and move up in their careers, their salary packages can increase. Mid-level and senior-level computer engineers in PSUs can earn higher salaries ranging from ₹8 to ₹20 lakhs per year or even more, depending on their job role, expertise, and the specific PSU.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?