14th January 2015, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria to apply for M.Sc Astronomy?

I am doing BSc in physical science(electronics) i am interested in astronomy am i eligible for the same?

How much percent is needed for it?

Related Questions:
  1. In which entrance exam I have to appear for admission in Astronomy UG program after completing Diploma in E&TC? Eligibility criteria and tips for preparation?
  2. List of top colleges offering M.Sc in Astronomy and Space Physics? Procedure to apply for this course?
  3. Possibility to get admission in Ph.D(Astronomy) programme for M.Sc(Astronomy) student? In which entrance exam I have to appear?
  4. Stream to choose in 11th standard for becoming an Astronaut?
  5. What is good for me after BSc in Astronomy? What is the eligibility?
  6. Can I get admission for MSc in Astronomy in IISc Bangalore on the basis of BCS degree?
  7. How can I get admission in IIT for Ph.D in Astronomy programme?
  8. How to join Astronomical Courses after doing BSc Chemistry(hons)?
  9. What is the eligibility criteria for MSc in Astrophysics and Astronomy
  10. Top 10 universities for Ph.D Astrophysics? Selection Procedure for Ph.D in these Universities?
  11. Eligibility to pursue Astrophysics or Astronomy course in IUCAA or IIA Bangalore at the age of 30? What would be the options available in the research field?
  12. List of the institutes offering astronomy course? What is the eligibility for the same?
  13. List of colleges in India which are offering Astrophysics(BSc course)? Procedure for admission in those colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. List of top colleges in India offering Post Graduation course in Cosmology?
  15. Courses and institutes for becoming an astrophysicist/theoretical physicist? Best institutes offering the course? Is it necessary to be on the merit list of IIT JEE/AIEEE?
  16. Which are the entrance tests related to Astronomy or Astrophysics? Is there any online Astronomy class?
  17. How to apply for MSc Physics through IGNOU? Where are the centers in Kerala which are offering this course? What is the eligibility criteria behind this?
  18. Am I eligible for MSc astronomy in IISC Bangalore? I am pursuing BSc final year with PCM and computer science
15th January 2015, 02:07 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria to apply for M.Sc Astronomy?

In order to do M.Sc Astronomy, you need to complete B.Sc in Physics and Mathematics. You also need to have minimum 50% in B.Sc. As you are doing B.Sc, first complete that and you will be then eligible for M.Sc Astronomy.
15th January 2015, 02:26 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue M.Sc Astronomy having B.Sc Physical Science (Electronics) as bachelor degree. The basic educational qualification required is " Candidates must have obtained bachelor degree with Physics as Main Subject ". And apart from that candidates must have passed +2 (12th class) with good marks having Physics as a subject to be eligible. As you are from Physics background, I can say that you are eligible to appear for M.Sc Astronomy course. Generally there is no percentage criteria to be eligible, and if you have secured more than 50% of marks you would be in safe side. Few of the institutions/ universities conduct their own entrance examination and have their admission criterion.

List of Colleges offer M.Sc Astronomy Course:

>> Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
Ph. No: 080 2293 2004
Address: C V Raman Ave, Bangalore, Karnataka-560012
http://www.iisc.ernet.in

>> Karpagam University
Ph. No: 0422 647 1115
Address: NH 209, Kollegal Main Road, Coimbatore, TamilNadu 641021
http://www.karpagamuniversity.edu.in

>> Panjab University
Ph. No: 0172 253 4818
Address: Sector 14, Chandigarh-160014
http://puchd.ac.in
17th November 2017, 02:15 AM
Unregistered

I MD Sohail a student of B.Sc Mathematics (HONS). But I am also interested in astronomy. So am I eligible for this field after graduation?
5th June 2018, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

I am student of bsc msc dual course of physics Hons . But I am also interested in agronomy .so am I eligible for this after graduation
31st March 2019, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

I am student of bsc, course of major physics and I'm interested in astronomy will eligible for this after graduation from ignou major in physics.
20th April 2019, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

I am very interested in astronomy but I am studying BSc Geography. Can I go for MSc astronomy after a degree in Geography?
9th June 2021, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

How & where can I get msc astronomy entrance exam previous year question papers.
3rd September 2021, 11:52 AM
Minal F

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidates must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent with minimum 50%marks from a recogniszed university.

Admission Process- by Entrance exam conducted by Aligarh Muslim University,Andhra University and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research.

Duration- 2 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?