22nd September 2017, 12:39 PM
Kishorejk123

Is MA in physical education in distance mode valid for government jobs?

I am working as physical education teacher in government school I want to study MA in physical education in distance mode is this course valid for government jobs? Can you please provide me with the details soon on this? Awaiting for the response.

23rd September 2017, 02:25 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is MA in physical education in distance mode valid for government jobs?

Yes, distance education certificate from a recognised university is valid to appear in entrance examination conducted for recruitment in government jobs.

So, you are eligible to appear in various entrance examination for recruitment in government jobs.

Some of the entrance examination conducted are :-

Staff Selection Commission.

Civil Service Examination.

Railways.

Banking.

For all the above examination the required qualification is bachelor degree in any discipline.
23rd September 2017, 07:31 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is MA in physical education in distance mode valid for government jobs?

First thing I would like to let you know that recognition of your degree pursued in distance mode is dependent of the recognition of university ( from which degree is sought ) by UGC ( Union Grant Commission ) and hence if you are looking to pursue your degree from a recognized university then there should be no problem with its recognition for government jobs or higher studies.

--> Some of the best known open recognized university which are recognized by UGC are :-

I) Indira Gandhi National Open university ( IGNOU ).

II) Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University ( YCMOU ).

III) Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Open university ( BRAOU ).

IV) Venketeshwara Open University ( VOU ), etc. .
23rd September 2017, 08:30 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, degree received from distance mode of learning is value for jobs in both public as well as private sector.

However it depends on the job role you are applying since the job opportunities are limited.

But you can apply for the government sector jobs like:-

SSC

PSC

Civil Service exam etc.
14th July 2019, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

I am a govt teacher can I do m.ped private. I have no physical subject in b.a.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?