23rd July 2015, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study B.Tech in Aligarh Muslim University if pursuing 12th Commerce with Hindi?

Hello,
I am from Mumbai and I have studied from Maharashtra Board. Now I am in 12th and I have taken field of Commerce in that I have taken Hindi. After my 12th I want to study B.Tech in Aligarh Muslim University. I am eligible to get admission?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I get admission to study 11th Commerce in Aligarh Muslim University?
  2. Procedure to get admission in B.Com at AMU?
  3. Detailed procedure to study B.Tech in Aligarh Muslim University for 12th Science student?
  4. List of specializations available to study in B.Tech at Aligarh Muslim University?
  5. How can I apply for Polytechnic diploma in Aligarh Muslim University? What is the syllabus?
  6. When M.Com entrance exam is conducted by Aligarh Muslim University? Procedure to apply?
  7. Which are the entrance exams for Biology students/
  8. Procedure to get admission to study B.Com in Aligarh Muslim University?
  9. Can I get admission in B.Com in Aligarh Muslim University after scoring 62.15% in 12th? Procedure to take admission in B.Com?
  10. Can I get admission in B.Com in Aligarh Muslim University after scoring 62.15% in 12th? Procedure of admission in B.Com?
  11. How can I prepare to crack M.Sc(Chemistry) entrance exam conducted by Aligarh Muslim University?
  12. Admission in B.Com in Aligarh Muslim university for student of class 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Am I eligible to study PhD in Applied Mathematics in Aligarh Muslim University if completed M.Sc(Mathematics) about 6 years ago?
  14. Procedure to get admission in B.Tech through lateral entry in Aligarh Muslim University for Diploma holder?
  15. How can I get admission to study B.S(Mathematics) in Aligarh Muslim University?
  16. Is Architecture Diploma course offered in Aligarh Muslim University for 10th student?
  17. How can I get admission in Aligarh Muslim University for B.Tech program?
  18. How can I get admission to study PhD in Urdu in Aligarh Muslim University?
24th July 2015, 11:39 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study B.Tech in Aligarh Muslim University if pursuing 12th Commerce with Hindi?

No, you are not eligible to study B.Tech in Aligarh Muslim University after completion of your 12th standard in Commerce stream. To be eligible to study B.Tech course in AMU, you must have completed 12th standard with an aggregate of 50% marks with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board. Admissions in B.Tech course in AMU are offered through entrance examination conducted by AMU. Since, you have not pursued Non-Medical Science stream in your 12th standard, you are not eligible to get admission to study B.Tech course in Aligarh Muslim University.
25th July 2015, 12:09 PM
pjgp

Default Re: Am I eligible to study B.Tech in Aligarh Muslim University if pursuing 12th Commerce with Hindi?

Yes, you will get admission in delhi university for b.tech .
Eligibility criteria:
candidate must hold a sssc (senior secondary school certificate examination) or a certificate for senior secondary examination for any recognised board as stated by the government of india.
Candidate must have atleast an average 50% physics, chemistry, maths and english or they must hold a diploma in engineering from recognised university.
25th July 2015, 01:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am from Mumbai and I have studied from Maharashtra Board. Now I am in 12th and I have taken field of Commerce in that I have taken Hindi. After my 12th I want to study B.Tech in Aligarh Muslim University. I am eligible to get admission?
No, commerce student are not eligible for B.Tech course in Aligarh Muslim University.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with PCM from a recognized board are eligible for B.Tech course. Your 12th standard marks must be above 50%.

Your age should be above 16 years.
29th July 2015, 04:21 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

The eligibility criteria for Engineering from AMU is as follows :

* The candidate must have completed his education from a recognized board under the scheme of 10+2at least with Maths and Physics as main subjects.

* The candidate must have possessed at least 50% marks in the 12th.

* The candidate must have attained an age of 17 years at the time of admission.

If you fulfill the above said criteria then you can definitely go for Engineering

Since, you are pursuing 12th with commerce, you are not eligible.
30th July 2015, 01:27 AM
pointer01

No you cannot apply for B.Tech in AMU or in any other college. For doing B.Tech you must satisfy the following criteria-

You must have 12th passed student.

Physics and Maths be the main subjects in class 12th.

You aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and maths should be 50%.

So, you cannot apply B.Tech in AMU.
18th November 2015, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for btech in Aligarh Muslim university if already i am studying mechanical engineering first year from uptu. Can I apply for B.Tech first year again from Aligarh Muslim university?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?