24th May 2011, 06:43 PM
parivp

Is Maths compulsory to do MCA after BCA?

sir, i want to know whether is math compulsary to do mca after bca .
i do my +2 in arts field with subject computer,elective english.and history. plz give answers as soon as possible

25th May 2011, 09:36 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Maths compulsory to do MCA after BCA?

Yes Maths compulsory to do MCA after BCA..
you can do BCA without having math in +2 level but try to take maths subject in BCA course as it will be compulsory ...
For MCA there are two criteria either

Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at 10+2 level

or Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects in Bachelors degree of minimum three years duration

then only you are eligible for MCA!!
and now onwards there will be change in criteria i.e students need not have Certificate in Computing

(CIC) to get admission into BCA and MCA courses offered by IGNOU.
25th May 2011, 10:00 AM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
Yeah, according to MCA admission norms a candidate must have maths as a compulsory subject in high school examination. If you had not opted maths as a subject in high school exam, don't worry appear high school exam maths paper, from the same board you had qualified your senior secondary exam. Get qualified in that and attach the maths qualified marksheet with high school exam marksheet, show the documents at the time of councelling for MCA.
"If there is will there is a way"
ok, best of luck.
25th May 2011, 11:48 AM
BEST CAREER
Member+

yes ,maths is compulsory to do MCA after bca
Also now you can not go for BCA course without maths at +2 level.
25th May 2011, 12:13 PM
manvendra007

dear ,
some universities don't ask math for MCA but some other universities ask math
. its all depend on which university you are choosing .

Generally private institution don't ask for math but they demand more than fee .
25th May 2011, 02:22 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Yes, you maths is compulsary if you want to pursue MCA, you can do BCA without but not MCA.
25th May 2011, 02:42 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

After BCA when you will try to take admission in the Indian top University for MCA then math is very necessary subject in your 12th class. Without math in your 12th class you are not eligible to do MCA with these universities.

It is right that without math in 12th class you can do BCA but MCA is not possible with Indian top University. There are also some university which is providing admission on the basis of BCA but in your BCA class you have studied math subject as a main subject only then you will be eligible to take admission in these universities.

You can give the 12th math exam with the NIOS and then can take admission in Indian top University.
25th May 2011, 03:34 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
Originally Posted by parivp View Post
i do my +2 in arts field with subject computer,elective english.and history. plz give answers as soon as possible

Hii ,

Yes maths is complsary for taking admission in BCA or
MCA..

If you are a student of the arts with computer subject and you want to built your carrier in computer field choose BSC in computer field ........'

thanks,
ankur
25th May 2011, 05:07 PM
stranger351

Smile Re: Is Maths compulsory to do MCA after BCA?

If you have Maths in 12th class or in graduate level then you are eligible for doing MCA and if you do not same then you are not eligible for doing MCA..
because eligibility criteria is any student who have maths in intermediate or Graduate level are eligible for Doing MCA ..
25th May 2011, 05:47 PM
krisroj

Eligibility for BCA

Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination of Indian Educational System, with minimum 50 % marks in aggregate, with Physics and Mathematics from any state/central education board or equivalent.

Some of the college required like this in 12th Science or Commerce pass with English and one of the following subjects- Mathematics/Statistics/Business Maths.

One option do to MCA you can select B.sc in Computer science before to do MCA. For Bsc (cs) Candidate should get passed in H.S.C examination in maths or science group.pass mark is enough.

by
http://www.manipal.edu
25th May 2011, 06:42 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

You can do MCA from the university from where you did BCA without having mathematics at 10+2.
Student who get admission in BCA must having a subject MTE or any other mathematics subject which is only required to study by student who were not having mathematics. Similarly this additional subject will be continue for MCA.

Like this many other institutes must have this type of eligibility criteria. Above mentioned criteria is of IGNOU and the university offer BCA(3 Yeard) + MCA (2 Years) integrated course for which students without mathematics are also eligible.
26th May 2011, 03:35 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
Originally Posted by parivp View Post
Hii,
To take admission in MCA maths is compulsary and BCA is also same thing.

If you want to do BCA for any reputated college you have done your 12th standard education with maths department ..

ankur
26th June 2011, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Is math compulsory to do B.C.A?
26th June 2011, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

sir i have not done maths in 12th class but i have done bca their is maths and statics subjects in bca..is i am eligible to do mca sir plz tell me soon??//
29th June 2011, 01:48 PM
raja badam

Maths compulsory to do MCA.Maths also need to do BCA
11th July 2011, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

Is Maths compulsory to do MCA after BCA?
16th July 2011, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i have no maths in class 12th but i want to do BCA so i want to know that can i do BCA?
Please tell me soon as possible
10th August 2011, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

i have informatics practices ,(java) language in 12 standard nd i want 2 make carrier in computer stream??wat i do??? which corse i do???? plz somebody guide me plzzz
10th August 2011, 11:22 PM
RABBANI SHAIK

dear friend MATHS is compulsory for doing of MCA why because MCA is a type of cource which is having both computer and quantitative analysis. so thts why maths is defenetly required for MCA
10th August 2011, 11:46 PM
Bmsri

Thumbs up Re: Is Maths compulsory to do MCA after BCA?

Yes friend, For doing MCA you maths in your 12th std or in your graduation as one of the compulsory subject. And in BCA i am sure you will have maths as one of the compulsory subject.
11th August 2011, 12:00 AM
rana2011
Banned

Dear Friend,
Ofcourse math is compulsory to do MCA after BCA.

Also now you can not go for BCA course without maths at 10+2 level.But not get any recognise collage.

Thanks!
11th August 2011, 12:32 AM
suchiii

You should have math in 10+2 for MCA but some universities having no such criteria having math in 10+2.You should have good marks in graduation,
you have to give entrance examinations for admission in MCA.
19th August 2011, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

bca mca is of 5 years?????
21st August 2011, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I am pusuing BCA n i did my higher secondary studies as a non maths. So what should i do now so that i can do MCA. I am a final year student.
Pranay
14th January 2012, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

i want to do mca , i m having maths in Bca..but i didn't have maths in 2.... am i eligible to do mca?????
20th June 2012, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i did my 12th with arts stream and dint have mathematics in that, now i am doing BCA, so i wanted to know
Is maths needed in 10 2 or on the basis of my BCA i got admission in MCA because i am studying maths in my BCA level..
6th April 2015, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

I want to persue my career in BCA & MCA field. But I am an arts student with subjects-History, Political Science, English Core, Sanskrit and sociology. Is it possible for me to do this?
27th October 2015, 12:02 PM
aryan_rajput

Unhappy Re: Is Maths compulsory to do MCA after BCA?

Sir i m having only Discrete Math as a mathematics subject, so plz tell me, am i eligible for doing MCA from top Universities.
18th December 2015, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

I am having statistics in graduation but not in 10 2 so I am able to take admission in mca
23rd June 2017, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Hello All, I want to know whether i am eligible for doing MCA or not as i was not having maths in 12th standard but i have commerce with IP (Computers).
22nd November 2017, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

I am in BCA 1st year,but my subsidiary papers are economics and business organisation instead of math and physics. I want to do MCA with a good university. can I do MCA ? And if not then is there any alternate method to do MCA ?
27th November 2019, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

I have passed.12 th with pcm 75%. Now i have givan one year drop from college beacause i was preparing for jee now if i want to get admission in the college then there will be.. problem for me to get admission in the college for BCA
10th January 2021, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Still iam studying bsc final year basic was not good in c,c its possible to done mca after complete bsc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?