25th August 2016, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

Is maths compulsory during BCA course?

Sir, I want to study BCA after my 12th arts. But I have certain doubts about BCA course. Such as, is Maths compulsory in BCA or what are the subjects to be taught during this course?

25th August 2016, 10:44 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is maths compulsory during BCA course?

To pursue Bachelor of Computer Application 3 degree course, a candidate must have passed 12th with the Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate from a recognised University. Minimum age required to join this course is 17 years in the year of admission. Admission is given on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam conducted by the University.
25th August 2016, 10:49 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications. B.C.A. or Bachelor of Computer Applications is an undergraduate Information Technology course. The duration of this course is three years.

For Bachelor of Computer Applications course candidate must have passed 12th class from a recognized board. The minimum percentage required for Bachelor of Computer Applications course is 45% and also candidate must have study Mathematics subject in their 12th class.

I want to you say that Mathematics is compulsory for Bachelor of Computer Applications because without mathematics you are not eligible to do Bachelor of Computer Applications course.
25th August 2016, 11:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, Mathematics subject is not compulsory for doing BCA course. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent in any stream from a recognised board are eligible to pursue BCA course. Admissions in BCA course are offered directly on basis of your 12th standard examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the university/ college. So, you can get admission in BCA course even if you have not studied Mathematics subject in your 12th standard.
25th August 2016, 11:58 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I want to study BCA after my 12th arts. But I have certain doubts about BCA course. Such as, is Maths compulsory in BCA or what are the subjects to be taught during this course?
Yes, you are eligible for BCA course. Mathematics is not compulsory for BCA course.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board are eligible for BCA course.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?