12th November 2010, 08:54 PM
arghya sarkar

Minimum Percentage required to become an IITian?

i just wanted to know that what is the minimum percentage required to be eligible to be an iitian ???and what are the things i can do as a boy of class 10 to prepare for all kinds of entrance examination?

12th November 2010, 10:53 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Minimum Percentage required to become an IITian?

hi friend,

There is no percentage issue with the JEE exam . You just need to pass your qualifying exam ie 12th class. Since you are in 10 th class , so in this early age you can only join foundation course program targeted to IIT JEE or AIEEE.
After the change of pattern of JEE exam, it has become very much likely to be as an AIEEE exam. So no much difference in the type questions(all are objective) but the only change is the patten .
So what ever be the exam, just go through its pattern , it would be much easy to take exam if you practise it before. Rest of the things will be taught by tuition centres itself.
12th November 2010, 11:35 PM
divyanshsinghvi21

Post Re: Minimum Percentage required to become an IITian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arghya sarkar View Post
i just wanted to know that what is the minimum percentage required to be eligible to be an iitian ???and what are the things i can do as a boy of class 10 to prepare for all kinds of entrance examination?
There is no percentage issue with the JEE exam which is a good thing. You just need to pass your qualifying exam of 12th class. If you are in lower class than 12th, so in this early age you can only join foundation course program(coachings) targeted to IIT JEE or AIEEE.
After the change of pattern of JEE exam, it has become very much likely to be as an AIEEE exam. So no much difference in the type questions(all are objective) but the only change is the patten but if you are sharp minded and have capacity and ability you can handle them easily but keep the time in hand otherwise a big loss for you.
So what ever be the exam, just go through its pattern , it would be much easy to take exam if you practice it before. Rest of the things will be taught by tuition centers itself.
Best of luck
13th November 2010, 04:58 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

for sitting in iit jee entrance exam you must obtain atleast 60% WIth pcm in 12. however there is no any criteria for class 10.
13th November 2010, 06:26 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

The process of intake in IIT is through a written test and then interview. You will be called for an interview only if you clear the written test. It would be advisable to have a minimum of first class during 12th standard. Also make sure you select physics, chemistry and maths during 12th standard. As far as preparation for the entrance exam is concerned you can refer to previous year question papers. Also there are a lot of reference materials available in the market and online. You can start preparation for the same now itself. Plan your daily activities and work accordingly.
13th November 2010, 07:00 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

Minimum Percentage required to become an IITian

There is no percentage issue with the JEE exam . You just need to pass your qualifying exam ie 12th class. Since you are in 10 th class , so in this early age you can only join foundation course program targeted to IIT JEE or AIEEE.

So what ever be the exam, just go through its pattern , it would be much easy to take exam if you practise it before.

good luck.
13th November 2010, 10:22 AM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,

In 2006 IIT-JEE put the criteria of 60% marks in +2 exam.

Only those candidate can apply who has 60% marks in +2 or appearing candidates of +2 of any board.

But there are limitations of chances of appearing in IIT-JEE . A candidate can only seat either in appearing or the next year of +2 exam year.

As you a student of 10th, so i would like to suggest you kindly try to understand the basic concept of your subjects in 11th as well as in +2 class.

And in present you need not to take any tension about IIT-JEE, but just after your 10th exam you must be serious about it.

good luck.
13th November 2010, 03:44 PM
malini k

Dear friend,
There is no cutting percentage for applying jee exam.But to join IIT you just need to score 50% in the qualifying exam.But usually all IITians have good percentage in their qualifying exams
You have to crack the IIt JEE exam .You can join the foundation courses if needed
I think ,it would be better if you concentrate on your 10TH standard now.Build the basics of mathematics in a strong way
Then you can build the storeys easily
13th November 2010, 04:03 PM
chandana Reddy

hi..
you have to just pass your qualifying exam (12tn standard) if you have to become an IITian..

good luck
13th November 2010, 04:11 PM
shubham957

Quote:
DEAR FRIEND,
for admission in iit, you will have to pass your 12th class with atleast 50% marks. to prepare for entrance exams, you must learn all the basics of 11th and 12th class. you can follow ncert books for that. various competition books are also available in the market. you can study from them.
7th December 2010, 05:42 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

You need to have a minimum of 60% from MPC background to be eligible for IIT and other such competitive exams.So if you want to see yourself as an IIT'ian then take up your course from MPC background.

Its better that you join any of the insttutes in 11th and 12th so that you get better training

FITJEE

Chaitanya Institute

Narayana Institute

Brilliant tutorials

You can prefer books of NCRET for preparation for your IIT examination.

all the best
22nd March 2011, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

do we have to take a dummy admission in school? if yes, then how can i concentrate on both 1 & 2 prepration and iit questions?
25th March 2011, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

How many seats are available in 2012
26th March 2011, 10:16 AM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
According to me -
After the change of pattern of JEE exam, it has become very much likely to be as an AIEEE exam. So no much difference in the type questions(all are objective) but the only change is the patten .
So what ever be the exam, just go through its pattern , it would be much easy to take exam if you practise it before. Rest of the things will be taught by tuition centres itself.
Thanks.
All the best
26th March 2011, 10:44 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Dear,

For IIT-JEE examination minimum eligibilty is pass 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry & Maths with minimum 50 % aggregate marks from a regonised institute / board.

NOTE: - For more details & updated information visit IIT-JEE official website i.e. www.iitjee.org

Good Luck
26th March 2011, 05:58 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

IIT JEE Eligiblity Criteria -

If You Are Belong To GE, OBC and DS Categories, Then You Must Scored At Least 60% Marks In Aggregate In Your Qualifying Exams.

And Those Are Belonging To SC, ST and PD Categories Then They Must Scored At Least 55% Marks In Aggregate In The Qualifying Examination.

And If You Are Interested To Apply For IIT JEE Examination, Then You Must Have Passed The 12th Examination.

And For Complete Information, Please Visit The Given official Website -

http://jee.iitd.ac.in/eligibility.php
26th March 2011, 08:59 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

Eligibility Criteria For IIT JEE
The minimum eligibility criteria for IIT JEE is passed 12th std with
60% average marks in PCM. A candidate can appear only two times.
Once in the appearing of 12th and other after passing 12th std.
If your basic concept of 11th and 12th class is
good then i think that you can do well in the many engineering
entrance exam. Do hark work. You can do practice from the previous
year paper of IIT JEE. For details information about IIT JEE please see the official website of IIT.
26th March 2011, 09:14 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,

Thanks
26th March 2011, 09:15 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Minimum Percentage required to become an IITian?

The minimum percentage is 60% in your Intermediate..

if you are general category.

if you belong to any reserved category then you will have relaxation upto 55%

so attempt your exam with confidence..

you should write your JEE exam to get a good rank i.e., 500-1000 if you want to get in to IIT"s

you should have a good knowledge to successfully have your career as a IITian

best regards

~aditya~
26th March 2011, 09:45 PM
wiki_kumar

IIT JEE 2011 Eligibility Criteria :
• The candidate must have passed their 10+2 examinations from a recognized board.
• The candidate can appear in the Joint Entrance Exam two times only, that also should be in consecutive years.

candidate must secure 60 0r more aggregate in intermediate exam

• The candidate must be physically fit for the course for which they have applied.
• The candidates who will be giving their final examinations of 10+2 in 2011 are also eligible to apply.
27th March 2011, 01:36 PM
cricket007
Banned

There is no percentage issue with the JEE exam which is a good thing. You just need to pass your qualifying exam of 12th class with more then 60% firstly ,

secondly iit jee paper,

A candidate has to satisfy ALL the eligibility conditions given below:

*A candidate can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years.
*Candidates should have either passed the qualifying examination in the year of the test or the year previous to it. They should also satisfy the specific eligibility criteria in the qualifying examination.

*Candidates should meet the age requirements given below.
*Candidates should NOT have accepted admission by paying full fees at any of the IITs, IT-BHU, Varanasi or ISMU, Dhanbad, through earlier JEE.

Qualifying Examination:

Candidates applying for JEE 2011 should have either passed after October 1, 2008, or should be appearing in IIT JEE 2011 in any one of the following qualifying examinations.
1. The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi; etc.
2. Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
3. Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
4. General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
5.High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
6. Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in any foreign country recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to the 10+2 system.
7. H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
8. Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
9. 3 or 4-year Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.

Eligibility Criteria in Qualifying Examination:

Candidates belonging to General (GE), Other Backward Classes (OBC) and DS categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in their Qualifying Examination. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Physically Disabled (PD) categories must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in the Qualifying Examination. The percentage of marks awarded by the Board will be treated as final. If the Board does not award the percentage of marks, it will be calculated based on the marks obtained in all subjects listed in the mark sheet. If any Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of counselling. In case such a certificate is not provided by the candidate, then the decision of the Joint Implementation Committee of JEE-2009 regarding his/her eligibility shall be final.

If you are AIEEE aspirants, you must go through AIEEE eligibility criteria. Also get in touch with latest IIT JEE exam pattern.

Special Requirements for Mining Engineering and Mining Machinery Courses:
Candidates opting for these courses should make sure that they do not have any form of colour blindness. They will be required to submit a certificate from a Registered Medical Practitioner to this effect at the time of counselling. The standard of visual acuity with or without glasses will be adhered to strictly for candidates seeking admission to Mining Engineering as per DGMS Circular 14 of 1972. Persons with one-eyed vision are not permitted to work underground. Candidates with above limitations are not allowed to opt for admission to Mining Engineering or Mining Machinery Engineering.

Female Candidates for Mining Courses
Section 46 (1) of the Mines Act, 1952 states that “No woman shall, notwithstanding anything contained in any other law, be employed (a) in any part of a mine which is below ground, (b) in any mine above ground except between the hours 6 a.m. and 7 p.m.”. Female candidates are not admitted to Mining Engineering and Mining Machinery Engineering at ISMU, Dhanbad, whereas the corresponding programmes at IIT Kharagpur and IT-BHU, Varanasi, have no such restriction.
14th April 2011, 10:58 AM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

The minimum creteria of qualification is 12th with PCM i.e.PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY,and MATHS......with 60% minimum marks...
24th May 2011, 08:38 AM
Unregistered

i got 59.6% in 12th so is i am eligble for iit & aieee
25th May 2011, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
For iit jee 60% marks is minimum criteria in 10 and 10+2..... if you clear 10 succesfully u may join the competitive exams preparation coaching for the higher technical education.........
5th June 2011, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

i m in 10th standard now, and i m working hard to crack iit exam, i m trying to clear all the basic concepts of pcm,,,,pls give me some other tips to crack iit, so that i could not face any kind of difficulty later on. and pls tell me that how much should i study for a day to crack iit.
21st June 2011, 12:41 AM
agrawal1288

Quote:
The minimum percentage required for IIT is 60% in class 12th.You can do coaching for IIT of two years or you can do dlpd couse of some coaching and prepare your NCERT in a perfect manner and do books like H.C.V AND IRODOV AND S.L.LOANI etc.
15th September 2011, 08:37 PM
Tejasrk

Smile Re: Minimum Percentage required to become an IITian?

There is no minimum requirement of marks. after 10th you can join colleges like IIT home, Resonance that are specialised for IIT. But you have to clear the entrance exams of that colleges to get admission in it.
26th April 2012, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

i have given 12th board exam and it was not so good but i want to crack iit jee exam by doing some coaching so i wanted to know how much percent is required in 12th board exam to prepare for iit jee?????????????
26th June 2012, 05:09 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend ,

Nice to hear that you want to become an IITian.

As you are in class 10th now , you have ample time to prepare well for IIT and other engineering exams so that you can crack these examinations at your very best.

Dear There , i just want to suggest you the following on which you have to consider on carefully :

--> Try to study NCERT textbooks of PCM as possible as you can because this is the core book for engineering exams.

--> Never think that buying a lot of books will help you in cracking exams like IIT.

--> prepare your own notes of each and every chapter of physics and chemistry and try to remember the important facts at the same time you are studying them . also revise these facts daily.

--> Try to study these books if you can as these are the very best for IIT exam :

a) Physics Numericals - H.C.Verma & Resnick , Halliday & Walker

b) M.L.Khanna - Calculus

c) Orgainc Chemistry - Morrison & Boyd.

Now , Here I have described the basic eligibility criteria required for IIT JEE :

a) you must have passed your 12th with a minimum of 60% marks .

b) You must have chosen Physics , chemistry and mathematics as your key subjects in 12th.

c) Your age should lie in between 16-24 years.

d) You are only allowed to appear in IIT-JEE twice in consecutive years.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
14th July 2012, 09:01 AM
ankur bana

HI!
I.I.T-J.E.E exam is conducted by I.I.T every year..
The upper age limit to appear in I.I.T-J.E.E is
25 year.
The applicants who wishto appear in this entrance examination have to pass senior
secondary or equivalent examination from a recognized Board with minimum 60% marks.
Those waiting for their 10 2 results can also apply.
If you are under ST/SC category then you have to score minimum 55% marks in 12t board exam...
GOOD LUCK!
15th July 2012, 08:50 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

To become an IITian, a candidate must apply for IIT-JEE exam which is compulsory to be an IITian.
Minimum percentage required for this exam is at least 60% or above.
Eligibility criteria of this exam is :jee.iitm.ac.in/eligibility.php

You will get notifications about this exam nearly in October-November.
19th January 2013, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

can i give jee exam after my 12th? how to apply for that ? please guide me
20th January 2013, 01:29 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Minimum Percentage required to become an IITian?

Quote:

hi friend,

<3<3<3 A candidate who have completed their 12th Science with Physics, Chemistry and Maths Subjects are eligible for applying This exam....

<3<3<3 A candidate must have secure 60% in their 12th std...

<3<3<3 A candidate who are waiting for their Result of 12th also can apply for it..

<3<3<3 A candidate can apply for IIT maximum 3 years considering the year of passing their 12th exam to IIT Exam......

There are mainly Two Types of Exam:
  1. Objective Type
  2. Written Exam

all the best..........
11th July 2013, 09:50 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

Earlier the minimum percentage required for being eligible for being eligible was 60%.
But from this year the requirement has changed
If you want to have a seat in IIT then you should qualify the IIT Advanced and also you should be in top 20% of your respective board.
The more marks you have in your board, the better it would be.
For NIT as well, 60% weightage is being given to IIT JEE mains and 40% to 12th board.
Thus, your 12th marks are very much essential in deciding your future.

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?