3rd June 2012, 10:31 PM
francosubbz

Am i eligible for UPSC exam after my graduation? Minimum percentage required?

I have secured an 83% in my 10th and 53% in 12th. Could you please tell me if i am eligible for the UPSC exam after my graduation? How much is the minimum % of marks required ? please help and suggest the courses i should opt for my graduation!

4th June 2012, 12:34 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for UPSC exam after my graduation? Minimum percentage required?

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. UPSC is an official body which will conduct variety of Entrance Exams every year.

Here are some of the Entrance Exams being conducted by UPSC.
-Combined Defence Services Exam
-Special Class Railway Apprentices Exam
-NDA Exam
-IFS Exam
-Civil Services Exam etc.

The minimum academic qualification and the required age criteria to appear for these exams will be different from one exam to other exam.

Yes. You are eligible to take some of the UPSC Exams after completion of your Graduation.

In order to take many of the UPSC Exams, the candidates should not require any percentage of marks in Graduation course.

Just a pass in Graduation course is enough for the candidates to be eligible for UPSC Exam.

You can take CDS Exam to join
-Indian Military Academy
-Indian Naval Academy
-Indian Air Force Academy etc.

You can also appear for Civil Services Exam to be placed in various civil services like
-Indian Administrative Service
-Indian Police Service
-Indian Foreign Service
-Indian Revenue Service etc.

Choose the Entrance Exam which you want to appear for and crack it.

Wish you all the best.

For updated information on various UPSC Exams, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
4th June 2012, 02:08 PM
romi_bal

Default Re: Am i eligible for UPSC exam after my graduation? Minimum percentage required?

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. UPSC is an official body which will conduct variety of Entrance Exams every year.

-NDA Exam
-IFS Exam

The minimum academic qualification and the required age criteria to appear for these exams will be different from one exam to other exam.

Yes. You are eligible to take some of the UPSC Exams after completion of your Graduation.

In order to take many of the UPSC Exams, the candidates should not require any percentage of marks in Graduation course.

Just a pass in Graduation course is enough for the candidates to be eligible for UPSC Exam.

You can take CDS Exam to join
-Indian Military Academy
-Indian Naval Academy
-Indian Air Force Academy etc.

You can also appear for Civil Services Exam to be placed in various civil services like
-Indian Police Service
-Indian Foreign Service

Choose the Entrance Exam which you want to appear for and crack it.

Wish you all the best.

For updated information on various UPSC Exams, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
4th June 2012, 07:24 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can most certainly give the UPSC exams. As of now you are eligible to give the NDA exam.

The eligibility criteria to give this exam is that you should be a 12 pass out, an unmarried citizen of India between the age of 16.5-19 years.

Exam pattern is:-
i. mathematics (300 marks)
ii. general knowledge(400marks) and english (200 marks)
total 900 marks.

Other than this after completing your graduation you can sit for the CDS entrance exam. The eligibility criteria to sit for the exam is:-

>For Indian Military Academy/Officers' Training Academy: Degree from a recognized university or equivalent
>For Naval Academy: B.Sc. with Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering
>For Air Force Academy: Degree of a Recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering.

For more information please log onto this website- www.upsc.gov.in
5th June 2012, 01:26 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yes you are eligible for UPSC exams, UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducting many of the exams some of them are 12th standard based also and also graduation qualification also.

Some of the exams with the graduation is

CDS(Combined Defence Service),

IAS(Indian Administrative Service),

IPS(Indian Police Service),

IRS(Indian Revenue Service).

For all above mentioned exams are graduation qualificationed exams, there is no percentage restrictions and also there is no one asked any particular stream.

The educational qualification is same for all above mentioned categories but the Age limits are differant, so here iam mentioned below.

Age criteria for CDS.:-

For naval academy 19 years to 22 years,

For Airforce academy 19years to 23 years,

For Military academy 19 years to 24 years,

For officer training academy 19 years to 25 years.

These are the four wings in CDS exam i.e

Indian naval academy,

Indian airforce academy,

Indian military academy,

Indian officer training academy.

Age criteria for IPS,IAS,IPS:-

For general 21 years to 30 years,

For OBC 21 years to 33 years,

For SC/ST 21 years to 35 years.

For more details visit the official website of union public service commission

http://www.upsc.gov.in

28th June 2012, 12:24 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend ,

I think Your question is not clear because i think i would like to tell you that UPSC conducts a number of exams and the eligibility criteria vary from one exam to other.

The minimum academic qualification required to be eligible for NDA exam , conducted by UPSC is 12th pass out otherwise , you can give all the exams only if you have passed your graduation from any recognized college / university.

No , as per your ask , you are absolutely eligible for UPSC exams except NDA and there is no provision that you have to secure a fixed percentage of marks.

So , don`t worry about marks , as the only thing you want is pass out in graduation.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
22nd July 2012, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

my date of birth is 10/05/1982, what is appear in two or three times eligible my age, how many times
7th August 2012, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for SSC exam after my graduaton from BCA?
30th August 2012, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,

I have 90% in 10th Exam & 50.1 % in 12th exam & I'm currently graduating in B.Com III with aggregate of 50%.
Please let me know if I'm eligible to appear UPSC exams for IAS/IPS/IFS/IRS etc or what all exams I can appear under UPSC.

Your response is greatly appreciated.
1st October 2012, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

I have done BCA can i go in the field of UPSC And at which posts i could prepared
2nd October 2012, 01:22 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

hello dear,
yes you are eligible for civil service exam i.e are:-

-NDA Exam
-IFS Exam

good luck
13th October 2012, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

my D.O.B is 26th may 1989 ,so which would be the last attemt for CDS(OTA chennai)(non technical).....
29th January 2013, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

are graduates from IGNOU university eligible for upsc exam. what are the best subjects i should choose in my graduation so that i can clear CDS(air force-ground duty) and I.FOREIGN.S except physics and maths
29th January 2013, 07:38 PM
mayankt

Hi,
Yes definitely you are eligible for UPSC exam after graduation with Minimum percentage coz as far as given below exam is concern in marks does not matter but you should be graduate from recognised university.

-NDA Exam
-IFS Exam
-Civil Services Exam etc

good luck....
29th January 2013, 08:31 PM
RAVIKANT JANGIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by francosubbz View Post
I have secured an 83% in my 10th and 53% in 12th. Could you please tell me if i am eligible for the UPSC exam after my graduation? How much is the minimum % of marks required ? please help and suggest the courses i should opt for my graduation!
Helo,

-Indian Police Service
-Indian Foreign Service
9th March 2013, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Hi , my birthdate is 2/2/1995. I have got 73% in 10th & 47% in 12th can I give CDS exam after MSC in physics?
Please guide me........
18th May 2013, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

hello sir,i m doing bca from ptu by distance learning,so am i eligible for upsc civil service exam?
18th May 2013, 11:27 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Am i eligible for UPSC exam after my graduation? Minimum percentage required?

Dear aspirant ,

UPSC Stands for Union Public Service Examination . Basic qualification is 12th examination to apply for UPSC Examination and it is only one examination . Rest of all the examinations , graduate degree is necessary .

UPSC Exam are :- NDA , CDS , SCRA , IES , IFS , Civil Service Exam , CRF , CMS .....etc .

NDA Exam :-

~~Basic Qualification is completed intermediate (12th) from a recognized School or equivalent qualification .
~~Age should be between 16.5 - 19 years .

CDS Exam :-

~~graduate degree of a recognized University or equivalent qualification .
~~There is no number of attempts .
~~Age should be between 19 - 25 years .
~~Qualified candidates are get the job in Defence .

SCRA Exam :-

~~12th OR graduate degree with Mathematics and at least one of the following subjects physics and Chemistry in the both level of examination .
~~Qualified candidates are get the job in Railways .

Civil Service Exam :-

~~graduate degree of a recognized University or equivalent qualification .
~~There is no minimum marks required .
~~Qualified candidates are get the job in IAS , IPS , IFS , Railway , Central Excise and Customs ..etc .

IES Exam :-

~~Engineering degree in Civil / Mech / ECE / EE or equivalent qualification .
~~There is no minimum marks required .
~~Age should be between 21 years and 30 years .

Official website :- www.upsc.gov.in/
24th May 2013, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Min. no. required to clear written c.d.s. exam?
26th May 2013, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

is it necessary to pass out from a renowned college to appear for upsc exams?
26th May 2013, 04:39 PM
Srushtibitti

HI...........

Eligibility for UPSC Exam after Graduation:- The eligible candidate must be an Indian

unmarried national having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in

any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good

Physical and Mental Fitness.

There is no percentage restrictions

OK...............
28th May 2013, 02:52 AM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

The abbreviation of UPSC is Union Public Service Commission.

Let me tell you that Union Public Service Commission organizes lots of exams every year.

And, the educational qualifications of all those exams, that are organized by Union Public Service Commission, are quite differ to each-other.

So, you repost your query and inform us about which exam you want the details.

Thanks.
29th May 2013, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

sir i have done bsc in forensic science whts the scope in upsc &ssc thanks
6th February 2014, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

sir is it compulsary that we shoud write cds exam before writing short service commission exam
5th July 2014, 07:23 AM
Unregistered

Plz tell me is CA (INTER) IS equivalent to graduation for the purpose of upsc and SSC exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?