5th August 2010, 10:45 PM
varevaabhi

Is MSc physics admission in india possible with btech electronjics and communication degree

Hi guys,
I am A.Abhiram studying b tech ece 4th year.
Is career in physics possible for me now?
Is it possible for me to join Master of sciences in iits or elsewhere?
Please help me in this.
I will be gratefull for you.

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do having done Physics honours with 80%?
  2. How to be an astronaut after 12th commerce with Maths?
  3. M.Sc in Physics at BITS Hyderabad after scoring 285? -- [New]
  4. List of good institutes for doing BE in Civil Engineering(Part time) in Mumbai -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Last date for admission for MSc Physics? I have completed degree
  6. Where to get admission in physics Msc in kolkata?
  7. Top 100 engineering colleges in UP? Rank of Vidya College of Engineering Meerut?
  8. How to study MSc Physics in India? What is the admission procedure in India for Nepalese Student? What is the fee structure?
  9. Can computer science students write the IES exam?
  10. Got less than 50% in graduation : Can I get admission to MSc Physics course? Which are the universities and what is the criteria?
  11. Is Btech equivalent to msc? can i write csir net exam with btech
  12. Can I do MSc in physics instead of MS degree in BITS Pilani?
  13. Is the combination of Chemistry is necessary for doing Masters is Physics? Best Institute in India for M.Sc in Physics?
  14. Duration, fee structure and top college in India offering admission in M.Sc Physiology? What is the scope of M.Sc Physiology in abroad? Can I get admission in Ph.D after M.Sc?
  15. Can I study PhD in Physics at IIT being a M.Sc 1st year student? List of institutes which offer PhD in Physics program in India?
  16. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  17. Can I direct give the entrance test of IIAP after my class 12th? What is the eligibility?
  18. How to take admission in part time Ph.D after completing MSc degree in Physics
6th August 2010, 04:22 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is MSc physics admission in india possible with btech electronjics and communication degree

Hello Abhiram,

Yes, of course you can do M.Sc in physics after B.Tech.

But i don't think that IITs will prefer students from other than pure science background, because the eligibility is to have a bachelor's degree in Physics Honors in pure science.

If you want to take admission in IITs then you have to appear in the Joint admission test conducted by IITs themselves.

By the way, you must also get at least 55% marks in your graduation.

As you crack the JAM test you can take admission in IITs for studying M.Sc(Physics).

Other than IITs, there are Delhi University, Anna University, JNU, Calcutta University, Madras University etc which conduct their own admission test for the M.Sc admission.

So check out these universities also and you can get the application form online from the respective sites of the Universities.

All the best!
6th August 2010, 08:53 PM
varevaabhi

Default Re: Is MSc physics admission in india possible with btech electronjics and communication degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by varevaabhi View Post
Hi guys,
Please help me in this.
Hello will IITs accept b techs to study MSc in their colleges.
I found university of pune accepts btech graduates to study MSc physics in their university.
Do any one have the entrance exam papers of previous years for pune univ?
7th August 2010, 01:05 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Yes definitely you can consider yourself for an MS by answering entrance tests like GRE or TOEFL. It tough to get in abroad but if you work hard and get a great score then definitely you can be among the best

There are many specialized courses in Physics which you can do after your engineering. There are lots of options available you just need to keep your eyes and mind open

Best of Luck
7th August 2010, 01:21 AM
adityabhushan

Quote:
Originally Posted by varevaabhi View Post
Hi guys,
Please help me in this.
dear abhiram,
you are doing btech,ece,.and you want to do msc with physics. ofcourse you can do it.
yes, you can do msc in iits and nits and others .
for this you have to attend the GATE exam. and have to score well so with the top percentile you can take addmission in iits. other wise other option is there to take addfmission .
but of course you can do msc.
but with my opinion its better to do M.tech. with this degree you will be in the same field.
but its all yours.
you can choose any one.
hope you will choose best.
with best wishes.
aditya
7th August 2010, 01:36 AM
Rickers

hello,
yes this is possible for you, but this will considered as M.S from abroad. You can do M.S by appearing in GRE and TOEFL(test of english as a foreign language).
For doing ms you have to work hard,You have to score good marks to get any good universities in USA.
You may also take subjects like physics, mathematics, computer, etc.
All the best!!!!
7th August 2010, 08:34 AM
satyavani
Senior Member++

yes it is possible,
you have to appear for iitjam ,and if you get good rank then you can definitely do msc physics from iits
all the best
7th August 2010, 01:14 PM
rohit_k

dear friend,

yes , it is possible for you to join Master of sciences in iits through gate exam only.
elligibilty as:
passed out degee in be/b.ech with 60% marks only.
this exam conduct by iit through gate exam.
7th August 2010, 05:36 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hii friend yeah sure you can do the msc physics after btech....if you do ms it will be much better future dor u.......you can checkout this website...........

http://http://www.indiastudychannel....ls.aspx?Id=423

regards
azhar
7th August 2010, 07:33 PM
adityabhushan

dear abhiram,
yes ofcourse you can do master course in physics after btech course . there are lot of scopes to do msc with physics after btech. you can do msc in IITs too, for this you have to crack GATE exam..with god score.
but with my opinion you shoul do mtech by cracking gate . this will be better for your career.
with best wishes
aditya
7th August 2010, 07:36 PM
adityabhushan

you can do msc. and can go in space organisation, or nuclear power plant, or atomic research institute. these are the best option for msc with physics.
these all are govt institution . you can get here name , money with fame .
so crack it.
with best wishes
aditya
7th August 2010, 07:39 PM
adityabhushan

yes of corse,.
you should do msc.so do it with great hard work since ISRO, ATOMIC research centers needs a high qualified only,.
so you have to hard labour .........
with best wishes.
aditya
7th August 2010, 08:11 PM
Sathishkannan

Sure you can do msc in physics after completing btech in electronic and communication engineering but is better to do mtech in your specific field which leads to develop your skill and attitude.
8th August 2010, 10:43 AM
varevaabhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyavani View Post
yes it is possible,
you have to appear for iitjam ,and if you get good rank then you can definitely do msc physics from iits
all the best
Thanks for the reply ,but in the IITJAM brochure and in the websites of iits ,they want 4 semester background in physics and 2 sem in maths .
will i meet their requirements?
But in jam application form they also mentioned be/btech under qualifying degree.
I cant understand this.
Do you know any one admitted in MSc physics with btech and not without BSc in the IITs
9th August 2010, 06:57 PM
Sathishkannan

msc physics in india is possible but it is better to higher studies in electronic or on communication side since it is your field will lead to develop more knowledge in that field.
19th March 2011, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

in M.S in physics possible after doing be in electrical if , yes what r the career opportunities after doing this?
1st June 2011, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

Is MSc physics admission in india possible with btech in mechanical
16th September 2011, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

I am sandeep singh 3rd year b-tech in bio technology.I want to know that can i do M.SC in mathematics in iit after b-tech?
20th October 2011, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

actually i have done B.E in ECE but now i have 2 year exp in physics teaching .can u give me advice is it possible for me to do m.sc in physics distance learning and which univ. is best for this
1st March 2012, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

hello,
I am studying ece at IIT Kharagpur.Is it possible for me to join a masters program in Physics at IISc or TIFR or any top
research institute in Basic Sciences.
15th March 2012, 08:43 PM
kaveribiswas

Yes, of course you can do M.Sc in physics after B.Tech.

But i don't think that IITs will prefer students from other than pure science background, because the eligibility is to have a bachelor's degree in Physics Honors in pure science.

If you want to take admission in IITs then you have to appear in the Joint admission test conducted by IITs themselves.

As you crack the JAM test you can take admission in IITs for studying M.Sc(Physics).

Other than IITs, there are Delhi University, Anna University, JNU, Calcutta University, Madras University etc which conduct their own admission test for the M.Sc admission.

Good luck.............
15th March 2012, 09:22 PM
kaveribiswas

of course you can do M.Sc in physics after B.Tech.

Good luck.............
7th June 2012, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

does iit's have campus recruitment for msc graduates there.?what r the job oppurtunities after msc physics at iit other than teaching,can we directly enter into any carier after the course?
20th October 2012, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

Is MSc physics admission in india possible with btech computer science degree
26th November 2012, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

i completed my btech in ece . is it possible for me to do msc physics or any govt aided institute which works on physics like tifr ,indian inst of astrophysics etc. if possible how to get into that .any entrance exam etc....if u know please advise me

thank you...
14th October 2013, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

hi i m mohit chauhan will delhi university allow me to do msc physics after btech with out doing bsc
help me
31st March 2015, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

respected sir i am final year student of btech. electrical engineering from MNIT, JAIPUR.can i do msc in mathmatics after btech in any private or govt. college in rajasthan.and sir most important doubt is that will i eligible in university exam for professor or for exam of lecturer in rajasthan or in india .plz help me sir .thnx.
19th May 2015, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

sir,
which are the govt. colleges in india that have courses for doing Bsc. physics after Btech??
5th December 2019, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

After b tech can I admission in master degree in physics ...it's accpect can I apply the lacturer post and it's consider ..or reject
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?