23rd December 2011, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

Are NCERT books good for IPS entrance exam?

Can ncert books are good for ips exams?...please tell me if they are good enough

Related Questions:
  1. Can one become an IPS officer after reading only NCERT History Book and Mastermind GK book? Can a Kashmiri become an IPS officer?
  2. Is it preferred to study NCERT books for the preparation of IIT when having ISC board in 12th class and would it effect board exam marks?
  3. List of good reference book to clear upcoming school service exam?
  4. Is NCERT books sufficient for 12th exams and Chemistry syllabus enough for IIT?
  5. Full process of IPS exam 2016? Best books for IPS 2016?
  6. Are NCERT books enough to prepare for 12th Bihar Board exam? Suitable books of mentioned subjects for preparation?
  7. Is it beneficial to write some additional points not from NCERT books in 12th CBSE Board exam?
  8. Are these books sufficient for JEE Mains and JEE Advanced?
  9. NCERT books for class 11 and 12 are sufficient for cracking AFMC exam? Books to refer and question pattern?
  10. How much percentage or weightage does ncert text books have in the final exams?
  11. Required Percentage of Marks in Graduation to apply for IAS and IPS? Which Books to prepare for these Entrance Exams?
  12. Can I score good marks in EAMCET having good command on NCERT books? -- [New]
  13. NCERT Physics is good for AIIMS exam?
  14. Can I score good marks in EAMCET if having good command on NCERT Books?
  15. Are NCERT books very important for medical entrance exams?
  16. Details of important books of NCERT for 11th and 12th standard?
  17. how to prepare for jee in remaining time? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. What qualification is needed for being an IPS officer? Which books should be referred for entrance preparation?
24th December 2011, 11:24 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Are NCERT books good for IPS entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can ncert books are good for ips exams?...please tell me if they are good enough
A candidate can apply for the IPS through civil service examination. This exam is conducted by the UPSC every year. To apply for this examination a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university.

The examination pattern of civil service examination is shown below

As you can see from the above examination pattern that you can study the NCERT books for the preparation of your general studies examination. Only for this level of examination the NCERT books are helpful for you.

You can study the following books of NCERT for the preparation of general studies:

For more information on civil service examination you can also visit at the below web site of UPSC
www.upsc.gov.in
24th December 2011, 12:49 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are NCERT books good for IPS entrance exam?

You have noticed that in every school NCERT books are preferred for the students to get a complete & through knowledge of HIS subject.It clearly indicates that these books are designed in such a manner that each sentence makes a meaningful one if one go to its depth.Moreover NCERT books are the base of those students too who are from the HINDI medium & have not much facilities to be guided by the teachers as these are the self explanatory one.

Now coming to your question as You have asked that these books are helpful for the IPS exam,then each & every student should kept in HIS mind that for every paper these books are helpful for your Recap about all the previous year study that you have completed.These books sometimes helpful in the MCQs and sometimes in the detailed answers.So You must go through it at least one time so that you can create your interest more in the subjects you are going to study as your base has already revised by them.
24th December 2011, 10:31 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Are NCERT books good for IPS entrance exam?

Hi

IPS is the Indian Police Services. Its basically an all India entrance examination which is conducted by the UPSC to select candidates for the various Police posts in the country.

The Basic Eligibility Criteria to appear in the IPS are ::

1. You should be a minimum graduate in any stream from a recognized college or university with a minimum 50% aggregate in it.

2. Your age should be within 21-30 years if you are a GEN candidate. It should be within 21-33 for OBC and 21-35 for the SC/ST candidates.

3. A maximum 4 attempts are given to the GEN, 7 to the OBC and unlimited number of attempts to the SC/ST.

Now the NCERT books are basically designed and written for the school level examinations. I would not suggest only the NCERT books for your IPS preparations.

To know more about which books to study for the IPS, Please Click Here

I am also attaching a fine, which has a lot of IPS books names, which are followed widely by the students.

To visit the official website of the UPSC, Please Click Here
Hope it helps

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
Attached Files
File Type: doc ips books.doc(24.0 KB, 67 views)
14th July 2012, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

Hi i m bhanu, sir can i pass both prelimenery and main IPS exam without caoching class
12th February 2013, 10:16 AM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,,

NCERT books good for IPS entrance exam

1.The Basic Eligibility Criteria to appear in the IPS are

2.A maximum 4 attempts are given to the GEN, 7 to the OBC and unlimited number of attempts to the SC/ST

3.Your age should be within 21-30 years if you are a GEN candidate. It should be within 21-33 for OBC and 21-35 for the SC/ST candidates

4.You should be a minimum graduate in any stream from a recognized college or university with a minimum 50% aggregate in it.

all the best,,,,,,,,,,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?