16th September 2014, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Are NCERT books very important for medical entrance exams?

Is ISC syllabus not enough for PMT? I have signed for Allen(Kota) Dstance Learning Program with regular tests.
And I'm doing HC Verma too. Are NCERT books totally important? Plus there is this whole dilemma about medical entrance exams.

18th September 2014, 08:46 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are NCERT books very important for medical entrance exams?

Let me inform you that NCERT books of physics, chemistry, and biology are the core books for strong concepts at 10+2 level. These books not only help in scoring good marks in 10+2 but also help in solving problems in competitive exams.

In case of Pre Medical Test, the NCERT book for biology is sufficient but for physics and chemistry you need to go for reference books like H.C. Verma both volumes and O.P Tandon for Chemistry.

Try to practice as much as possible with objective questions from sample sheets and practice papers of Allen. Go through the previous years papers of the AIMPT, AIIMS entrance exams as they will give an idea about what type of generally asked in exams.

I will suggest you to be always in touch with NCERT books.

Thanks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?