2nd August 2017, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to have a certificate or diploma in computers to be eligible for an IBPS clerk exam?

I am B Com Graduate. I have 2 Allied Computer Subjects Practicals for me it is necessary to have a certificate for Selection? or some diploma in computer science is needed to apply for applying for IBPS Clerks exam? Can you please provide me with the details on this? Thanks!

4th August 2017, 12:15 PM
ravinayadav256

Default Re: Is it necessary to have a certificate or diploma in computers to be eligible for an IBPS clerk exam?

Yes it is necessary to have a certificate in computer .

Eligibility for IBPS clerk exam:-

Candidate must have passed bachelor's degree from any recognized university.

You must have valid certificate /diploma or degree in computer system or information technology.

Age limit:-

20 years to 28 years

Age relaxations:-

For SC/ST:- 5 years

For OBC:- 3 years

For PWD candidate :- 10 years

Nationality:-

Candidate must be a citizen of India ,a citizen of Nepal and a citizen of Bhutan.
4th August 2017, 06:35 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it necessary to have a certificate or diploma in computers to be eligible for an IBPS clerk exam?

No, it is not necessary to have a diploma or certificate in computer to be eligible for IBPS clerk exam. Candidates who are graduate in any stream from a recognized university are eligible to give this exam. As you said that you have 2 allied computer subjects so it will be a benefit for you. Thanks
4th August 2017, 10:17 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

The required eligibility criteria for IBPS clerk exam are given below.

=> Candidate must have passed graduation from a recognized university.

=> The age of candidate must be in between 20 to 28 years.

=> The age relaxation is given to reserved category candidate i.e 5 years to SC and 3 years to OBC candidate.

As per my knowledge, if you have passed graduation then there is no need to have a certificate or diploma in computers.
5th August 2017, 11:41 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am B Com Graduate. I have 2 Allied Computer Subjects Practicals for me it is necessary to have a certificate for Selection? or some diploma in computer science is needed to apply for applying for IBPS Clerks exam? Can you please provide me with the details on this? Thanks!

Candidate IBPS(Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) carries out common written exam to recruit candidate for the clerical department in various public sector banks.

>> Candidate to apply for the IBPS exam candidate must have the knowledge about computer like Operation and working of computer. Candidate must have a certified degree or diploma regarding computer system operation.

Eligibility to Apply for IBPS exam:-

>> Applying candidate must be Indian citizen.

>> Applying candidate must have passed graduation or equivalent qualification from government recognized board .

>> Candidate must have done any kind of skill diploma in computer science.

>> Age limit to apply for the IBPS exam for general category candidate is 19 to 28 years.For candidate belongs to SC/ST category 5 year relaxation in age limit criteria. For candidate belongs to OBC category 3 years of relaxation in age limit.

Details for Exam Procedure:- There are two written exams are carried out.

1). Preliminary Exam.

:- Based on English, Numerical Ability, Reasoning Ability.

:- There are 100 question in preliminary exam and carries 100 marks.

:- Duration of preliminary exam is 1 hour.

2). Main Exam.

:- Based on Reasoning, English, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, Computer knowledge.

:- There are 200 question in the written exam and carries 200 marks.

:- Duration of exam is 2 hours.

Good luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?