18th September 2010, 03:58 AM
asmita13

NET eligibility for CA? Is CA considered equivalent to a masters degree?

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

I am a Chartered accountant by profession (have also doen B. Com and LLB) wanting to plunge into education sector. Wanted to know if CA is considered to be equivalent to Master's degree and if I am eligible to appear for NET.

Regards

18th September 2010, 05:49 PM
Mathur.

Default Re: NET eligibility for CA? Is CA considered equivalent to a masters degree?

CA is not considered equivalent to masters degree.

Regarding the eligibility of NET exam candidates who have even secured 54.99% marks or below in Master's Degree or equivalent Examination are not eligible for this Test.
18th September 2010, 06:37 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: NET eligibility for CA? Is CA considered equivalent to a masters degree?

no, my dear C.A and master degree are both the two different subjects. so to appear for NET you must have a P.G degree with you.
18th September 2010, 07:43 PM
nuzhat fathima

hi,
For giving UGC NET u have to master Degree. You can choose any subject from your master degree.UGC NET consists of three papers
1) General studies (50 objective questions)
2) Your optional paper (50 objective questions)
3) Your optional paper (Subjective questions)

Second paper will check only after qualifying the first paper and third paper will checked after qualifying the second paper. so qualifying first and second paper is must

The following ruling was passed some time back giving Pakistani CA and ACMA qualifications Masters status:

"1ST MEETING OF THE EQUIVALENCE & ACCREDITATION COMMITTEE HELD ON 5TH & 18TH APRIL, 2003 AT HIGHER EDUCATION COMMISSION, ISLAMABAD

Item No. 12 Equivalence of Chartered Accountants Examination Certificate with a Master’s degree
-----------------------------------------
The Committee having considered the entrance requirements, the rigor of course work, professional on job training, the breadth & width of curriculum, scheme of studies and the fact that the Universities in India recognize “Chartered Accountants Examination Certificate” as equivalent to M.Com degree. The Committee decided to:

“recognize the Chartered Accountants Examination Certificate obtained from chartered professional institutions like Institute of Chartered Accountants, Pakistan or Institute of Cost & Management Accountants, Pakistan established under Act/Ordinance of the Government of Pakistan and authorized to confer professional qualifications like Chartered Accountants Examination Certificate(CA)/Institute of Cost & Management Accountants (ICMA) etc. in Pakistan as equivalent to Master’s degree for the purpose of employment and higher education provided that the Chartered Accountants Examination Certificate is obtained after 7 years of post-matric/’O’ level, 5 years post-intermediate/’A’ level or 3 years after Bachelor’s degree. This decision will apply equally to the holders of qualifications from Pakistan Institute of Cost & Management Accountants and the Institute of Chartered Accountants”.

The Committee further decided that:

“in case Chartered Accountants Examination Certificate is held by a Pakistani national from a foreign professional body, the institute of Chartered Accountants, Pakistan and Institute of Cost & Management Accountants, Pakistan will be required to certify the status of qualifications before consideration of its equivalence by the Commission”.
20th September 2010, 10:07 PM
asmita13

Smile Re: NET eligibility for CA? Is CA considered equivalent to a masters degree?

Thx Nuzhat... where did u get the notification from... it atleast gives me some hope for similar ruling for CA India...
27th September 2010, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

Is it essential to have a graduate degree with a CA degree?
18th January 2011, 08:48 PM
Sohailvee

I wish to know the eligibility for taking entrance test for C.A. what i know is being Intermediate. am i right?
8th February 2011, 07:12 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

hii

NET eligibility for CA
CA is not considered equivalent to masters degree.
Regarding the eligibility of NET exam candidates who have even secured 54.99% marks or below in Master's Degree or equivalent Examination are not eligible for this Test.

good luck
11th March 2011, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

is doeacc b level eligible to write net exam
7th June 2011, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

CA is equivalent to which degree, Bachelor or Master?
9th June 2011, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

wht i should do for ca i mean wht the age limit n wht kind of degree is eligibal for ca right now i m about to complete my graduation so m i eligibal for ca....
21st June 2011, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

can i step into intermediate (IPCC) after completing my B.com?
2nd July 2011, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

sir, what is the eligibility for ca
2nd September 2011, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

what is the pay scale for 12th and ca inter students? kindly reply sir?
2nd September 2011, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

what is the pay scale for 12th and ca intermediate student? and is ca inter equal to degree?
3rd December 2011, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

if i start studying CA after hsc..woulfd it be equivalent to a bachelors degree?
12th February 2012, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

WHICH IS BETTER FOR TAKING CA?
COMMERCE/MATHS
17th February 2012, 08:35 AM
Unregistered

what is indian ca degree equivalent to for seeking admission in foreign universities
24th June 2014, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir/ Madam

Pls let me know that if anywhere for the post of Accounts Executive, they required only CA/ICWA Inter
but I have completed M.COM then can I eligible for apply for the mentioned post

Regards
6th April 2018, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

ACCORDING TO NOTIFICATION OF ASSOCIATION OF INDIAN UNIVERSITY CA/ICWAI/CS IS EQUIVALENT TO M.COM HENCE THEY CAN APPEAR NET EXAM
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?