7th July 2016, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in Astronomy?

hii....

I have completed 10 th std with good marks....now i want to know the steps to get phd in astronomy ....can u pls explain it? It will be helpful if you can guide me on this as I am not sure now what to be done. Please provide me the details soon. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in Astronomy?
  2. Subjects should be taken in 11th standard to do Ph.D in Astronomy? List of colleges for Ph.D Astronomy?
  3. What subjects to pick up in 11th for doing Ph.D in Astronomy in future?
  4. Possibility to get admission in Ph.D(Astronomy) programme for M.Sc(Astronomy) student? In which entrance exam I have to appear?
  5. How to get admission in any university to do Ph.D in Astronomy?
  6. Scholarships available for a candidate who has secured admission in PhD(Astronomy) course in UK?
  7. How can I get admission in IIT for Ph.D in Astronomy programme?
  8. Which is more preferable for doing PhD in astronomy and astrophysics, either B.Sc(physics hons) or B.Sc(physical science)?
  9. Will I have to study astrophysics to become an astronomer? -- [New]
  10. PhD or Post graduation in Astronomy and Astrophysics is possible after B.Tech?
  11. Procedure to do Ph.D in Astronomy from an open university?
  12. Am I eligible to study PhD in Astronomy after completing B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering?
  13. Which are the entrance tests related to Astronomy or Astrophysics? Is there any online Astronomy class? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Which institutions offer M.Sc.or integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. course in astronomy?
  15. Reference books for preparation of IUCAA-TIFR-INAT and JEST for study PhD in Astronomy and Astrophysics?
  16. List of top colleges offering M.Sc in Astronomy and Space Physics? Procedure to apply for this course?
  17. What should I do after B.E to go for astronomy field?
  18. Stream to choose in 11th standard for becoming an Astronaut?
11th July 2016, 05:15 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in Astronomy?

It is very early for you to opt for Ph.D degree course. You must complete your Masters degree first in order to pursue for Ph.D.
Now, to do Ph.D in Astronomy after completing Masters degree, you should appear in the UGC NET examination, qualifying in which you will be eligible to opt for Ph.D course.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed Master's Degree course from a recognised University with 55% of marks.
There is no age criteria for NET examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?