19th July 2010, 11:29 PM
Dipanjan P

NET exam eligibility after MLISc

Sir,I Passed MLISc.from Binayak Mission University with 1st class.Can I elligible for NET exam?

20th July 2010, 04:57 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: NET exam eligibility after MLISc

Hello friend,
The minimum eligibility to appear for the NET exam is 55% in aggregate in masters degree programme or equivallent from UGC certified institute.
MLISc degree holder is eligible for NET exam provided the marks obtained and certification of institute meets the requirement of NET eligibility.
20th July 2010, 09:02 AM
prd

Dear Friend, It is an earnest request to you, to please inform me about this, as soon as you get to know it. Thanking you, Yours truely PRD
20th July 2010, 09:22 AM
LOKESH RAJPUT

Yes, you are eligible for NET

The eligibility criteria's are :
i) Only those candidates are eligible to appear in NET who have completed/ are pursuing a UGC specified Master’s degree in :
LLM ( Master of Law of Laws)
MBA ( Master of Business Administration)
M.Com ( Master of Commerce)
MD ( Master of Medicine)
M.Dance ( Master of Dance)
M.Ed. ( Master of Education)
M.Ind. ( Master of Indology)
ML ( Master of Laws)
M.Lib.Sc. ( Master of Library Science)
M.Litt. ( Master of Literature or Master of Letters)
M.Mus. ( Master of Music)
MOL ( Master of Oriental Learning)
MPEd. ( Master of Physical Education)
MSW ( Master of Social Work)
M.Sc. ( Master of Science)
M.Stat. ( Master of Statistics)
M.Tech. ( Master of Technology)
M.Text ( Master of Textiles)Parangat
Shikshan Parangat
MA ( Master of Arts)
MCA ( Master of Computer Applications)
MFA ( Master of Fine Arts)
MJ ( Master of Journalism)
MLIS ( Master of Library & Information Science)
Shiksha Acharya
MPA ( Master of Performing Arts)
MPS ( Master of Population Studies)
M.E. ( Master of Engineering)
M.F.C. ( Master of Finance and Control)
M.B.E. ( Master of Business Economics)
M.I.B. ( Master of International Business)
M.C.S. ( Master of Corporate secretaryship)
ii) Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without grace or rounding off) in Master’s Degree (or) equivalent examination from Universities/ Institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.
The Scheduled Caste(SC)/ Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ Physically Handicapped(PH)/ Visually Handicapped(VH) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without grace or rounding off) in Master’s degree examination are eligible for this Test.

iii) Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PH/VH category candidates).
Such candidates must complete their P.G. degree examination within one year from the date of NET with required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.

iv) The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by a particular time/ year declared by the UGC (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
20th July 2010, 02:17 PM
jicks

You are eligible for appearing NET exam UGC

UGC states Three conditions for NET exam eligibility:
1. You must have 55% marks in PG level ( since you have got first class)
2. Your university/College must be a recognized one ( pl.check out)
3. Your age limit should be not more than 28 years as on 1.8.2010

NET exams are conducted Twice each year, in June and in December

You can apply for December exam.
Log on www.ugc.ac.in for details
20th July 2010, 04:15 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend
Eligibility Criteria for appearing in NET Examination

Qualifications

Candidates belonging to the General/Other Backward Classes (OBC) who have secured at least 55% marks (without grace or rounding off in Master's Degree (or equivalent) examination in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Sciences etc. are eligible to appear for this examination. Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST) category and Physically Handicapped (PH)/ Visually Handicapped (VH) candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without grace or rounding off) in Master's degree (or equivalent) examination are eligible to appear in the NET examination.

Those candidates who have even secured 54.99% marks or below (even 49.99% marks or below for SC/ST & PH/VH candidates) in Master's Degree or equivalent Examination are NOT eligible for this Test. THERE IS NO PROVISION OF ROUNDING OFF OF MARKS TO MAKE IT 55% (50% FOR SC/ST and PH/VH).

Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master's Degree examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/Lectureship eligibility, only after they have passed the Master's Degree examination (or) equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PH/VH candidates) within one year from the date of UGC_NET examination under consideration.In case, these candidates fail to obtain their P.G. Degree/Mark-sheet within one year from the date of the relevant UGC_NET examination, they will be treated as disqualified.

Only those candidates, who have completed/ are pursuing a UGC specified degree as given in Item No.18, are eligible to appear for NET examination.

The Candidates should appear in the subject of their Post Graduation. However, the candidates whose Post Graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects given at item No. 13 below, may appear in the subject related to their Post Graduation subject.

Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that an admission card has been issued to a candidate shall not imply that the Commission has finally accepted his/her candidature. Candidates may note that their candidature will be deemed final upon verification of eligibility conditions with reference to the documents enclosed with their application. The Commission may call for any document(s) at a later stage to verify the eligibility of the candidates.

For more info you can visit: http://www.ugc.ac.in/
For further details you can contact the UGC office.
Get the contact details at http://www.ugc.ac.in/contact/index.html

Thank you
20th July 2010, 05:06 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

yes dear ,

definitely!!!

After pursuing Master of Library and Information Science ( MLIS ) , you are eligible for NET exam but you need to get atleast 55% if you belong to general category , a relaxation of 5% is provided for constitutionally reserved categories .

the NET (NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST ) is organised by CSIR -UGC in the months of june and december and the date for this year's june exam was 20th june which has already passed so now you can appear in december exam .The notifications regarding december exam will be published on it's website http://www.ugc.ac.in in the month of august and last date to send is expected to be in the month of september according to the last year .

the detailed syllabus is given on the website http://www.csirhrdg.res.in/Syllabi_NET.htm and you can also download it from the same website .

but their main emphasize is to test the awareness of science, aptitude of scientific and quantitative reasoning.

Questions would be so designed to judge the creativity, analytical ability and research aptitude of a candidate.

The questions would be setup in each of the subject areas of NET which are
Chemical Sciences

Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences

Life Sciences

Mathematical Sciences and Physical Sciences.

Regards
~satish
20th July 2010, 09:16 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hii friend there is a news for is you can sure apply for the NET(national eleigibilty test ) jFR (junior research fellowship)

Subjects of the test

The test will be held in the subjects as given under

Chemical Science,
1.Earth Atmospheric Ocean and Planetary Sciences,
2.Life Sciences,
3.Mathematical Sciences,
4.Physical Sciences

a.Education Qualification

M.Sc or equivalent degree under the subjects mentioned above, with minimum 55% marks for General and OBC candidates; 50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually Handicapped candidates and Ph.D. degree holders who had passed Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991.

A candidate can also apply for the Test under RA (Result Awaited) category, if he/she is appearing or has appeared in his/her final year (III/IV Semester where Semester system is there) of M.Sc. or equivalent degree examination in subjects mentioned in above during the academic session 2009-2010.
Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format (given at the reverse of the application form) duly certified by the Head of the Deptt./Institute over his/her signature and rubber stamp (with address and name) from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared in the final year M.SC or equivalent degree examination. However, such candidates shall be admitted to the Test provisionally. They shall only be considered eligible for JRF-(NET)/LS-(NET),
if they are able to produce the proof of having passed the Master’s Degree examination in the relevant or related subject with the requisite percentage of marks and within the stipulated time frame.

b.Age limit and relaxation

For JRF (NET): Minimum 19 years and maximum 28 years as on 01.07.2009 (upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years as in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, Physically handicapped/Visually handicapped and female applicants.

For LS (NET) : Minimum 19 years as on 01.07.2010. No upper age limit.

c.Date and scheme of the CSIR UGC Test

The test will be held in two sessions on Sunday, the 20th June 2010. The scheme of Examination as under

Paper I, Marks – 200, Timings – 10.00 a.m.-12.30 p.m., Duration – 2-1/2 hrs

Paper II, Marks – 200, Timings – 2.00 p.m.-4.30 p.m., Duration – 2-1/2 hrs

Negative marking will be made for wrong answers in Paper I. Paper II will be evaluated only in case of those candidates who will be able to secure a minimum of such aggregate marks in Paper-I as may be fixed by the CSIR.

Candidates are required to appear in both the papers. A candidate who does not appear in Paper I will not be permitted to appear in Paper II. The questions in papers-I & II will appear both in Hindi and English.
Syllabus of the Test

Syllabus of Paper I (Section A), subject-wise syllabus of Paper I (Section B) and Paper II is given in the Information Bulletin for this test and may also be seen the CSIR website: www.csirhrdg.res.in
Examination centres

The test will be held at 25 centres spread all over India, as specified below: Bangalore, Bhavnagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Nagpur, Pilani, Pune, Raipur, Roorkee, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur and Varanasi.

A candidate may opt for any of the above centres. No request for change of centre would ordinarily be granted. However, a request in writing for change of centre may be entertained on merits, if received in this unit latest by _______

How to apply

Option I: Apply through ‘Information Bulletin’

By hand: Candidates applying for the test may obtain the Information bulletin and application forms (inclusive of fee payable) through the branches of the Bank notified below in para 5.4 (within the prescribed dates) by paying the following fee in cash

General category: Rs. 400/-

OBC: Rs. 200/-

SC/ST/Physically or visually handicapped: Rs. 100/-

By Post: The Information bulletin and application form may also be obtained through Value Payable Post (VPP) from the Indian Bank, 3/1, West Patel Nagar, New Delhi-110008, by sending a crossed Demand Draft for Rs. 400/-. Rs. 200/- or Rs. 100/- (as the case may be) drawn in favour of ‘Indian Bank, West Patel Nagar, New Delhi’ payable at New Delhi. For this purpose, the candidate should send a request to the Bank with two self-addressed slips clearly mentioning the address at which he/she desires the Information Bulletin and application form to be sent by Value Payable Post (VPP). As above mentioned Bank will entertain the request for forms through post from Tuesday, the 25th August, 2009 to Wednesday, the 16th September 2009 only, hence, candidates are advised to send well in advance so as to reach their request within the above said period. The candidate should write his/her name, Date of Birth, address, date of Examination (20.12.2009) and subject code on the back of the Demand Draft so that it can be located easily, if it gets detached accidentally from the letter of request for supply of Information Bulletin. However, before attaching the draft with letter of request, the candidates should check that it bears the code number of the issuing bank and drawee bank and also amount and signatures of issuing authority.

Option II: Apply through online application

Interested and eligible candidates may apply for this test online through a link available at CSIR, HRDG website: www.csirhrdg.res.in. In order to apply Online the candidates are required to download Bank challan performa from the above website and then deposit the requisite examination fee in any of the Indian Bank branches through out the country. The examination fee for the online application is same as mentioned above. Candidates after successfully submitting application online are required to take print out of the application form, paste his/her recent black and white photograph, put his/her signature at the required space, attach requisite certificates an send along with CSIR marked copy of fee deposited bank challan in an envelop to Sr. Controller of Examinations, Human Resource Development Group, Examination Unit, CSIR complex, library avenue, Pusa, New Delhi-110012 so as to reach on or before 29.09.2009 (06.10.2009 for remote areas). Online applications with out hard copy or bank challan receipt of incomplete in any respect will be summarily rejected. Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at CSIR, HRDG website.

Examination fee paid along with the Information bulletin or through bank challan for a particular examination will neither be adjusted for any subsequent examination nor refunded under any circumstances. Similarly, candidates should also check all the column of bank challan, online application, which are to be filled in properly to avoid cancellation of application. Please note that fee submitted any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.

The last date for submission of application form: The application form (through bank or online), duly completed with requisite enclosures should be sent under certificate of posting (UPC) to the Sr. Controller of Examinations, examination unit, Human Resource Development Group, CSIR Complex, Opposite Institute of Hotel Management, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi-110012 so as to reach examination unit CSIR on or before 23.03.2010.

For candidates applying from Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of J&K state, Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshdweep, the application form must reach the Controller of examination CSIR on or before 30.03.2010

The candidates are advised in their own interest to apply early enough to ensure timely receipt of their applications by the Examination unit on or before the closing date.

Application form received after closing date will be summarily rejected.

if you need more informations you can send me reply i'll send you
good luck
28th July 2010, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

can we apply with 54.75% for NETExam
11th August 2010, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have passed M.Sc Electronics with73%markes.Am iqualified for net with physics
25th August 2010, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

in the new ad for net with subject chemical science (Dec 2010) nothing is mentioned about rounding off of marks in MSc. should it mean now they have relaxed this condiiton.
26th August 2010, 08:34 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
the eligibility criteria for NET exam is you should have masters degree with 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent certifcate from any UGC university.since you have done your masters you are eligible for the exam provided you meet the criteria for the marks and the university from which you have done your masters degree.
All The Best!!!!
31st August 2010, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir, I am completing MBA Through Distance education in Annamalai University, Am i eligible for NET Exam.
27th September 2010, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

I have done M.Ed and M.Phil in education. my percentage is 54.75 in M.ed.Can I appear for Net exam
28th September 2010, 12:55 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipanjan P View Post
Sir,I Passed MLISc.from Binayak Mission University with 1st class.Can I elligible for NET exam?
Those candidates who have even secured 54.99% marks or below (even 49.99% marks or below for SC/ST & PH/VH candidates) in Master's Degree or equivalent Examination are NOT eligible for this Test. THERE IS NO PROVISION OF ROUNDING OFF OF MARKS TO MAKE IT 55% (50% FOR SC/ST and PH/VH).

for more detail refer the site
http://www.csirhrdg.res.in/Syllabi_NET.htm
28th September 2010, 11:17 AM
yogeshkumarsoni

hi,
dear frind NET exam eligibal in 55% after post grajuate and you are MLISC passed . so you are eligibal for NET exam.
with reagrds.
28th September 2010, 12:38 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

I think you are elligible.
You should apply for it and if you are eligible your form will be accepted and if not rejected.
As for UGC net exam youneed to be 55% in your post graduation. Your is 55% when added to nearest round figure sO I think you are eligible on that basis
28th October 2010, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

hi,
i am Dhananjay,
recently pursuing MBA and i score 62% in first year so please tell me whether i eligile for examination and criteria for exam.
29th October 2010, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

i am now studying master of finance and control. which subject to write i am eligible.iam eligible for write in management or not
31st October 2010, 06:31 AM
helpmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am now studying master of finance and control. which subject to write i am eligible.iam eligible for write in management or not
You can write ugcnet exam with management as your subject.
31st October 2010, 10:52 PM
helpmaster

Quote:
hi,
i am Dhananjay,
recently pursuing MBA and i score 62% in first year so please tell me whether i eligile for examination and criteria for exam.
Yes, you will be eligible tot write your net exam after completion of your first year that is second semester.
For net exam you must have scored at leat 55% in graduation
for more information www.ugc.ac.in
1st November 2010, 06:22 PM
sandy.thedemon

Quote:
can we apply with 54.75% for NETExam
Hello
Sorry my dear friend but you are not eligible for the NET exam. the first and the most important eligibility is 55% marks in PG level.
1st November 2010, 06:25 PM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

hello friend

you are 100% eligible for the exam.this exams are held twice in a year that is june and december.so your now only eligible for december exam.
so study well because only 1 month is left for you

best of luck
2nd November 2010, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

why only for sc & st 50 PERCENT WHY NOT OBC ELIGIBILITY FOR NET
5th November 2010, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

i hav completed my msc degree(55 percent) from vidyasagar university"s distace education in 2007,so am i eligible june2011 net exam?
5th November 2010, 02:56 PM
helpmaster

Quote:
why only for sc & st 50 PERCENT WHY NOT OBC ELIGIBILITY FOR NET
Generally the students of OBC category are considered more or less equivalent to general category students, so their is only very little reservation for ObC category.
There is more reservation for sc/st because they are really very backward
5th November 2010, 09:02 PM
ashwani avasthi

Post Re: NET exam eligibility after MLISc

Dear friend,

You are eligible for appearing NET exam conduct by UGC.
eligibilities :
1. You must have 55% marks in Post Graduation .
2.University/College must be recognized from UGC
3. Your age limit should be not more than 28 year

For more details Log on www.ugc.ac.in
thank you.
6th November 2010, 02:06 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

NET exam requires a master degree in any of the subjects mentioned in the list. You may easily that M.Lib.Sc. ( Master of Library Science) is there in the list.
So you are eligible for the NET exam , and it is preferred that you take your NET exam through this subject.
8th November 2010, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

i am doing P.G.D.M. equivalent to M.B.A. Am i eligible for NET exam?
12th November 2010, 01:37 PM
helpmaster

Quote:
i am doing P.G.D.M. equivalent to M.B.A. Am i eligible for NET exam?

Only MBA post Graduate are eligible for net exam and having PGDBM degree does not make you eligible for net exam
because PGDBM is considered as post graduate diploma course only.
So sorry to say that you cannotgive net exam
14th March 2011, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

I COMPLETED MA in Sociology with 53% and completed MPhil with 54%, I am belongs to SC CASTE Am I ELIGIBLE FOR NET exam?
14th March 2011, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

I completed MA, with 53% and MPhil with 54% Am I ELIGIBLE FOR NET EXAM?
23rd March 2011, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

i am m.tech 1st year student,so in which category i have to fill the NET form -in result awaited(RA) or not in RA.kindly reply
29th May 2011, 12:41 PM
Jayapriya M

Default Eligibility of NET exam

Sir , I passed M A History from Annamalai University, Tamil nadu,with 52.5% marks .Can I eligible for NET Exam?
When is the next NET exam going to be held?
15th July 2011, 12:31 AM
shekhar.379

Hi dear,

yes dear ,

definitely!!!

After pursuing Master of Library and Information Science ( MLIS ) , you are eligible for NET exam but you need to get atleast 55% if you belong to general category , a relaxation of 5% is provided for constitutionally reserved categories .

the NET (NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST ) is organised by CSIR -UGC in the months of june and december and the date for this year's june exam was 20th june which has already passed so now you can appear in december exam .The notifications regarding december exam will be published on it's website http://www.ugc.ac.in in the month of august and last date to send is expected to be in the month of september according to the last year .

the detailed syllabus is given on the website http://www.csirhrdg.res.in/Syllabi_NET.htm and you can also download it from the same website .

but their main emphasize is to test the awareness of science, aptitude of scientific and quantitative reasoning.

Questions would be so designed to judge the creativity, analytical ability and research aptitude of a candidate.

The questions would be setup in each of the subject areas of NET which are
Chemical Sciences

Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences

Life Sciences

Mathematical Sciences and Physical Sciences.

Thanks
18th July 2011, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

sir can i have the details of net exam?
18th July 2011, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

now i completing the b.com.then joing the mlisc course.i want full details of net exam
9th August 2011, 02:14 AM
Unregistered

can i know the passing marks for NET exam in december 2011
28th August 2011, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

mlisc subjects all qustion papers
29th August 2011, 02:08 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

After M.SC(L.SC) , you are eligible for NET exam but your degree must be from UGC approved university.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree.

For SC/ST candidate require 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

All the best
7th November 2011, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

]can we apply with 54.75% for NETExam
15th February 2012, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

sir , i completed my mlisc and my age is 35 i am eligible or not to clear my doubt sir please.
15th February 2012, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

i have got 50% marks in my m.a. political science. what should i do next?
4th March 2013, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Sir,my age is 34 and i have completed M.A in economics can i appear for NET exam.
13th July 2020, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have done b.lib ...can I appear for dec ugc net exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?