24th November 2010, 06:33 PM
sandeepyadav93

OBC ceritificate issue date problem related to IIT exam

In IIT brochure it is written that OBC certificate must be issued on or after 1 January 2011 but I have OBC certificate issued on 18th sept so should I have to make obc certificate once again or that will work?

29th November 2010, 11:19 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Default Re: OBC ceritificate issue date problem related to IIT exam

Don't take any risk. try to make another one as it is clearly written in bronchure that O.B.C certificate issued before 1 januarly will not be allowed. this is crucial moment of your life so take decision thinking your future. your little mistake can become a miracle for your future. and IIT is the best in india.
15th December 2010, 08:16 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: OBC ceritificate issue date problem related to IIT exam

hello friend

yeah you are right

you have to submit a new OBC certificate along with all other documents

don't take risk

if you have any further doubts then get in this link

www.iitm.ac.in

all the best

~aditya~
6th March 2011, 11:55 AM
sachin2places

Hello..........If you are getting admission only on the basis of your OBC category then it is important to get it made according to the time prescribed by the IIT officials because if you have an old certificate then they'll straight away cancel your candidature.The reson is that a lot of people get fake certificates made to get the advantage of OBC quota.
I know it is not very easy to get it made. Even i had to wait for 1 year to get my OBC certificate made from Bihar and when it came,my name was written wrong in it .I can only hope that you will get it as soon as possible.
ALL THE BEST
8th March 2011, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

i have a cast certificate issued after 1 january 2011 in the same formate as provided but in hindi. in bihar, there is not facilities to produce cast certificste in english.
will that cast certificate be accepted in IIT .kindly help me.
25th March 2011, 08:17 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

OBC ceritificate issue date problem related to IIT exam
If you are getting admission only on the basis of your OBC category then it is important to get it made according to the time prescribed by the IIT officials because if you have an old certificate then they'll straight away cancel your candidature.The reson is that a lot of people get fake certificates made to get the advantage of OBC quota.
it is not very easy to get it made. Even i had to wait for 1 year to get my OBC certificate made from Bihar and when it came,my name was written wrong in it hope that you will get it as soon as possible.
if you have any further doubts then get in this link

www.iitm.ac.in

good luck
11th May 2011, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

I have an OBC certificate from Tamil Nadu, but studying (XII) and want to appear IIT exam from Madhya Pradesh. Can I apply in the OBC quota.

Santosh Kumar
28th May 2011, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

is it really necessary to have obc certificate issued after jan 1 2011 i find it nowhere in the counselling brochure
13th June 2011, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

in sbi associate clerical interview they asked OBC certificate with non-creamy layer cause on or before 01-12-2011, but i am having recent one is there any problem
13th June 2011, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

in sbi associate bank clerical interview they asked OBC certificate with NON-CREAMY LAYER clause issued on or before 01-12-2011 but i have recent one is it acceptable or not
13th June 2011, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

in sbi assocciate bank clerical interview they asked to submit OBC with NON CREAMY LAYER ON or before 01-12-2011 but i am having recent one is it acceptable
21st June 2011, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

after seat allotment can i change from obc to open category in iit 2011
28th June 2011, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

i have been alloted a seat in iit and i m having obc certificate in hindi format issued by bihar govt. will there be any problem during addmission
15th August 2011, 05:21 PM
anilgandhi0

Smile Re: OBC ceritificate issue date problem related to IIT exam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
in sbi associate bank clerical interview they asked OBC certificate with NON-CREAMY LAYER clause issued on or before 01-12-2011 but i have recent one is it acceptable or not
Dear,

Caste certificates are for lifelong.

NCL (Non Creamy Layer) comes with one year validity (his/her creamy layer status may change any time)

OBC Certification may cancel only when the community of the concerned candidate is removed from the OBC list. Otherwise It is for life time

The OBC certificate consists of two parts –

First part indicates that the concerned person belongs to a community listed as OBC and listed in CENTRAL LIST OF OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES ( OBC )

The second part indicates that the candidate does not fall in the creamy layer.

While the OBC status of a candidate may change only when the community of the concerned candidate is removed from the OBC list, his/her creamy layer status may change any time. In view of it, it is not possible to determine a fixed validity period for the OBC certificate.

Once the caste certificate is available, fill the Non Creamy-Layer Form

Fill the Form to claim Non Creamy-Layer certificate.(OBC-Creamy Layer Certificate ).

That’s why You have to take new OBC-Creamy Layer Certificate valid from April 2011 to March 2012 (his/her creamy layer status may change any time)

source:: http://circulars.nic.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D2/D02adm/36033_4_97_01April2005.htm

Anil
18th August 2011, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

My native place is pune and i completed my primary ,secondary education and graduation from Mumbai.
Even my father is working in mumbai.

From where can i apply for NC-OBC certificate and validity certificate?
can i apply for it in Pune or i have to apply in Mumbai itself?
18th August 2011, 08:58 PM
anilgandhi0

Smile Re: OBC ceritificate issue date problem related to IIT exam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

My native place is pune and i completed my primary ,secondary education and graduation from Mumbai.
Even my father is working in mumbai.

From where can i apply for NC-OBC certificate and validity certificate?
can i apply for it in Pune or i have to apply in Mumbai itself?
Dear,

YES You can apply Pune or Mumbai

For NC-OBC certificate in Mumbai

Web :

1) http://mumbaicity.gov.in/index.htm

2) http://mumbaicitysetu.org/

For validity certificate

http://www.evalidityonline.com/

Before Come to any conclusion please verify with Local Authority

Documents Required for Caste Certificate:

Certificate will be issued normally within 15 days after submission of documents.

All documents should be attached.

Application forms should be signed by applicant. In case the applicant is a minor, it should be signed by the Adult guardian.

Applicant should produce all original documents at the time of submission of Documents at SETU office.

Attestation to be done by SEO / Gazetted Government Officers only

No. Document Qty Req. / Optional Type

01 Application duly signed by the Applicant 1 Required Original

02 Rs. 5 Court Fee Stamp 1 Required

03 Bonafide Certificate/School Leaving Certificate of Candidate. 1 Required Original

04 School leaving Certificate of Parent or Guardian -(e.g. Father, Uncle, Brother, Grand Father, Father's Sister, Cousin Brother, Cousin Uncle, Cousin Grandfather or Great Grandfather) or Village Form No. 14 1 Required Xerox(Attested)

05 Residence Proof (Ration Card /Rent / Maintenance Receipt / Landline Telephone Bill / Electricity Bill) 1 Required Xerox(Attested)

06 Affidavit in Prescribed Format

a) All submitted documents with their details should be mentioned in Affidavit.

b) Any mistake in Name/Surname should be mentioned in detail with reasons in Affidavit.

c) If Caste proof is of Grand Father/Great Grand Father/Cousin Uncle/Cousin Brother/Cousin Grand Father, etc. then Family Tree should be mentioned in Affidavit. 1 Required Original

07 Caste Certificate of Parents i.e. Father/Grandfather/Aunty (Father's Sister)/Uncle (Blood Relation). Please Note that the Caste Certificate should have been issued by Competent Authority or Caste Validity Certificate issued by Caste Scrutiny Committee/ Village No.14, Service Book relevant page extract copy where caste is mentioned. 1 Required Xerox(Attested)

08 Residential proof for SC-
10-08-1950, for VJ/NT-21-11-1961 & for OBC & SBC- 21-10-1967 1 Required Xerox(Attested)

09 Community Certificate (Samaj Certificate) 1 Required Xerox(Attested)

10 Government Gazette Copy required if there is a change in name. 1 Optional Xerox(Attested)

11 For Married Women, Government Gazette, Change Name Copy or Marriage Certificate is required.
1 Optional Xerox(Attested)

12 In case of the applicant migrated from other states/districts, the caste certificate issued by that Competent authority to his father/grand father

Documents Required for Non-Creamy Layer Certificate:

Certificate will be issued normally within 15 days after submission of documents.

Application forms should be signed by applicant. In case the applicant is a minor, it should be signed by the Adult guardian.

Applicant should produce all original documents at the time of submission of Documents at SETU office.

# Document Qty Req. / Optional Type

01 Application duly signed by an Applicant ( It should not be filled & signed by the Candidate who is Minor) 1 Required Original

02 Rs. 5 Court Fee Stamp 1
Required

03 Caste Certificate of Candidate 1 Required Xerox(Attested)

04 a) Income of all earning family members should be mentioned in application for Affidavit. If, they are not employed, then it should also be clearly mentioned in the Affidavit.

b) Bonafide Certificate should be produce in case of Children who are studying. 1 Required Xerox(Attested)

05 Bonafide Certificate of Candidate

(Candidate is the person for which certificate is required. Application should be made by Major person. It is not necessary that Application should be made by Candidate, who is Minor. Applicant can be a Father, Mother, Major Brother/Sister.) 1 Required Original

06 Parent Income Certificate (Last 3 Financial years)

(If the parent owns an Agricultural land, Farm House or any other business, please give details)

a) Income Tax Return copy should be attached. AND / OR

b) The persons who are not filing Income Tax Return and are not employed should produce Income Certificate of local Corporator. AND / OR

c) The persons who are employed but not filing the Income Tax Return should submit the 'Salary Certificate'. 1 Required Xerox(Attested)

05 Residence Proof (Ration Card /Rent / Maintenance Receipt / Landline Telephone Bill / Electricity Bill) 1 Required Xerox(Attested)

06 Affidavit in Prescribed Format. 1 Required Original

Documents Required for Income Certificate:

# Document Qty Req. / Optional Type

01 Application duly signed by an Applicant 1 Required Original

02 Rs. 5 Court Fee Stamp 1 Required

03 Bonafied Certificate of son / daughter / Ward for whom the certificate is sought 1 Required

04 Parent Income Certificate (yearly)

(If the parent owns an Agricultural land, Farm House or any other business, please give details)

a) Income Tax Return copy should be attached. AND / OR

b) The persons who are not filing Income Tax Return and are not employed should produce Income Certificate of local Corporator.AND / OR

c) The persons who are employed but not filing the Income Tax Return should submit the 'Salary Certificate'. 1 Required Xerox(Attested)

06 Affidavit in Prescribed Format 1 Required Original

Anil
31st August 2011, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepyadav93 View Post
In IIT brochure it is written that OBC certificate must be issued on or after 1 January 2011 but I have OBC certificate issued on 18th sept so should I have to make obc certificate once again or that will work?
Hi i am not sure if any one answered your query,,,,However even i hav a query..My name is Nitin and i am from Karnataka Bangalore...i need to know the procedure to get NC OBC certificate. I knw it is applicable to those whose parents annual income is less then 4.5 lacs consistently for three and i hav a eligibility in this case.

Hence i need your kind help in obtaining the NC OBC certificate. Hoping to get your response.

Many thanks,
Nitin Patil
12th March 2012, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

hai i'm neetha.When I applied for GATE 2012 in the month of september, my Father's income was less than 4.5 lakh so i was belonging to OBC non-creamy layer and hence I marked that I belong to OBC non-creamy in the GATE application. But recently my Father's income has increased and it's crossing 4.5 lakh.
According to column 3 under OBC non-creamy layer specified by the Government of India, if the applicant belong to OBC non-creamy layer at the time of application for the post, he is eligible for the reservation. So am i eligible for reservation under OBC non-creamy layer?
26th November 2012, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

i am in vj nt category in maharashtra,could i give my cast as obc in jee app. form
8th September 2018, 10:11 AM
Unregistered

My OBC caste certificate is made on October 2018 , so will it be valid for IIT 2019 exam
8th September 2018, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

My OBC caste certificate is made on September 2018 , so will it be valid for IIT exam 2019
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?