16th December 2010, 07:19 PM
vera

Passed 12th commerce and doing B.COM : Can I do further studies in Biology or English?

Hey..iv passed out my 12th from commerce and now doing b.com.but i would like to study biology is there any way...so that i can do my further studies in bio or english.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do CA during B.Com? I have passed 12th from commerce
  2. what's are the various options available for a 12th(commerce) passed student? Is it better to go for further studies?
  3. Courses which I can do after passing 12th commerce with 62.2% without Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What is the eligibility criteria for UPCPMT for other state natives?
  5. Am I eligible for NEET with marks as Chemistry-38, Physics- 54, Biology-68, and in English-37? -- [New]
  6. Stream to choose after 12th while having Commerce in 12th class?
  7. How to take admission in Panjab University after scoring 85.8% in 12th commerce?
  8. Which course is best for me for higher studies? I have passed 12th with 90% and have got good marks in chemistry and biology
  9. Is it possible to join a private biology 12th class course along with a regular after passing 12th from CBSE with 62%(Commerce)?
  10. What is the syllabus of B.Com entrance exam
  11. Required age limit for a candidate of General category to appear for CPMT?
  12. Is Diploma in Food and Beverage Studies best for 12th Science (Biology) candidate? Is this course has better future?
  13. Admission as Private candidate for 12th Science after completing 12th Commerce 3 years back?
  14. Is it possible for me to give the 12th commerce after a long gap?
  15. Eligibility for upmt and hppmt?
  16. Any private jobs for girls of intermediate qualification? I have passed 12th commerce with 72% in English Medium
  17. Can I get admission to study BBA if having English, Business Studies and Accounts in 12th Commerce?
  18. What is the maximum age criteria for UP CPMT exam?
17th December 2010, 06:23 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Passed 12th commerce and doing B.COM : Can I do further studies in Biology or English?

It could be possible to switch over to English stream. But to switch over to biology should be difficult as there is requirement to pass the 12th with biology as one of the subjects. Before you think of switching over be sure that it is was you wold like to make as part of your career.
17th December 2010, 10:22 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Passed 12th commerce and doing B.COM : Can I do further studies in Biology or English?

hi,
to do further studies in biology you should have biology as one of our subjects in 12th,so you can not do higher studies in biology
if you are seriously interested then you have to study 12th again
17th December 2010, 10:23 AM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Commerce students can not study biology in graduation because one should have bio as a subject at 10+2.
But you can join BA english honours course after passing 12th with commerce stream.
17th December 2010, 12:21 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

Career options in Biology subject after 12th is very good.

but as you are belongs to commerce back ground. so you can't do further study in biology.
you can do many career oriented courses.

some of courses are given below

1.LLB.

2.BBA.

3.B.COM.

4.Hotel management.

5.english (horn)

etc.

all the best...........
17th December 2010, 12:38 PM
varun6j

12th pass commerce student cannot do anything in biology but you con do further studies in englsh as m.sc in english, and to know more go to www.questionpaper.in
17th December 2010, 12:58 PM
lavanyaratala

hey i think it is not possible now yaar...if you have sufficient age you can write EAMCET again
17th December 2010, 01:37 PM
BLGayatri

You need to have degree in bio. For that again you should have completed bio in 12th to get a seat in B.Sc. But there is a chance to get through B.Tech since other groups are also eligible. Similarly for English too.
17th December 2010, 03:58 PM
canitesh

Smile Re: Passed 12th commerce and doing B.COM : Can I do further studies in Biology or English?

Dear,
If you have completed your 10+2th and graduation in commerce stream then you can not go for further study in bio, because if want to make your career in bio then you have to be 10+2th in bio. You can go for further study in English.
17th December 2010, 04:55 PM
ndpiparava

Hi dear you can join biology stream according to me following different stream available for you.
just go on following side and you will find lot's of stream in bilogy study.

www.infinitecourses.com
17th December 2010, 05:44 PM
Sk.Subhani

Quote:
Originally Posted by vera View Post
Hey..iv passed out my 12th from commerce and now doing b.com.but i would like to study biology is there any way...so that i can do my further studies in bio or english.
Its not possible for you to study biology because, your major at 12th is commerce.

In order to study biology you should have taken biology or any biology related subjects(Specializations) at your +2 level.

But you can study English. You can pursue your M.A(English) after completion of B.Com.

And its better you also go ahead with PhD in English. You can do research on phonetics or others specialized areas in English.

All the Best!
18th December 2010, 12:06 AM
nishant1110

Smile Re: Passed 12th commerce and doing B.COM : Can I do further studies in Biology or English?

Yes for English, as you must have had English in your +2 course. The BA & MA courses are available in many reputed colleges across the country, with well-paid and prestigious placements in journals like the Times of India, Hindustan group, Newsweek, Outlook, India Today etc. or electronic media like NDTV24x7, CNN-IBN, TimesNOW etc., to name a few.

However, I am afraid you cannot take Biology unless you study a plus-two course in it again. For, I know a person who passed out from the Biology stream and later took law, she had to do +2 again.

Choose your stream wisely

Best regards
nishant1110
18th December 2010, 11:51 AM
amahajan

Dear
It is not possible for a commerce graduate to change his/her subject from commerce to science like biology, maths etc. But you can go for higher studies with English subject. Well I would like to suggest you that commerce is a stream student prefer now a days. and you can pursue higher degree course like MBA, CA,CS. and you can also prepare for banking exams. as banking industries is booming and many banks are hiring graduates. so you can go further with your commerce subject.
Good luck..
18th December 2010, 12:01 PM
rahul_kumar066

Dear
About bio i have some confusion but you could move with english.
Thanku
18th December 2010, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Red face Re: Passed 12th commerce and doing B.COM : Can I do further studies in Biology or English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndpiparava View Post
Hi dear you can join biology stream according to me following different stream available for you.
just go on following side and you will find lot's of stream in bilogy study.

www.infinitecourses.com
can u plz...guide me...how can i go for it....iv done my 12th...as i told before..if u think it is possible to change my stream kindly help me..
18th December 2010, 11:56 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

as english is compulsory paper in class 12 so there is no problem if you want to study in english. then you have to take admission into college after like 12 examination. you have to start your graduation from the first year. if you really do not like your commerce paper then go for it. may be one or two year will be loss but you can not go so far if you don't have enough interest on your subject.

but if you know want to built your career in biology then you must have biology in class 12. if you had the biology subject then only you may take admission in graduation first year.

opportunity is good for biology as well as for english also. so if you like then don't be hesitate to choose. but whatever you will do, do carefully. because you have to loss some year to start with other subject.

best wishes.
19th December 2010, 07:12 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
do further studies in Biology or English
Career options in Biology subject after 12th is very good.

but as you are belongs to commerce back ground. so you can't do further study in biology.
you can do many career oriented courses.

some of courses are given below

1.LLB.

2.BBA.

3.B.COM.

4.Hotel management.

5.english (horn)

good luck.
19th December 2010, 08:27 AM
sultanmirza

hi
after you have passed your class 12th from commerce side there are jots of the opportunity for you for your further studys
you can go for the b.com,or even you can enroll yourself for some industrial accountancy courses,
rather than these you can go for the C.A courses and also bba............
19th December 2010, 04:15 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

Sorry, but you can not pursue higher studies in biology stream. Because for pursuing a career in the discipline of biology you must have studied biology as one of the subjects in 12th.

You may do a graduate course in English since you must have studied english in 12th. But it is not advisable because you have already done a graduate course. In my opinion you should do some professional course now like:
LLB
CS
CA
22nd December 2010, 09:43 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

dear friend.

it is not possible study biology.your pursing the b.com then go for the higher
studies like M.com,M.BA.
it is possible study English but you already pursing the graduate courses.
some courses you can do like ca,icwa.
16th January 2011, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

can a simple bcom graduate go for MA(ENGLISH) .....????????
28th May 2011, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

can a simple bcom graduate go for MA(ENGLISH) .....????????
24th January 2012, 04:37 PM
drurv

You must have had English in your +2 course. The BA & MA courses are available in many reputed colleges across the country, with well-paid and prestigious placements in journals like the Times of India, Hindustan group, Newsweek, Outlook, India Today etc. or electronic media like NDTV24x7, CNN-IBN, TimesNOW etc., to name a few.

However, I am afraid you cannot take Biology unless you study a plus-two course in it again. For, I know a person who passed out from the Biology stream and later took law, she had to do +2 again.
30th January 2012, 02:19 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hello friend...
Courses after 12th commerce...
*Accounting
*Banknig finance
*Managing courses
*public relations
*Publishing
*Advertising
*Law courses
*civil courses
*Railways
*Fashoion technology....etc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?