23rd May 2012, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required in 10th, 12th and in graduation to do MBA?

percentage required in 10th,12th and in graduation to do mba...please tell me how much

24th May 2012, 11:02 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 10th, 12th and in graduation to do MBA?

MBA - MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION is a post Graduation course and can be pursed after Graduation in any stream.

Some top Institutions conduct entrance exam for admission to MBA course like CAT/MAT/XAT etc.

CAT - CCOMMON ADMISSION TEST conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management), the candidate must be an Indian Citizen having completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University with 50% marks(45% marks fro SC/ST candidate) and not bellow the age of 19 years, is eligible to apply for CAT.

MAT- MANAGEMENT APTITUDE TEST conducted by IMA(Indian Management Association), the candidate must be an Indian Citizen having completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University is eligible to apply for MAT. There is no percentage of marks criteria for application to MAT.

There is no restriction to either upper age or number of attempts to CAT/MAT for admission to MBA course.

So 10th and 12th percentage of marks have nothing to do for application to MBA course only completion of Graduation matters and in some cases percentage of marks.
24th May 2012, 03:57 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Masters of Business Administration is 2 years post graduate degree/diploma course in which students learn

about business management and about several other related skills.

you have to maintain very good academic record through out your academic career for getting into good and reputed B-school.

There is no such criteria of minimum mark to be maintain in 10th and 12th and in Graduation but to be on the safer side

student must maintain good marks in all the stages of their academic career.

Reputed B-school look for several other things/skills in candidate While selecting the candidate for MBA programme

like whether the candidate is confident , have good communication skill , academic record and also work experience.

If you maintain at least 60% marks in your graduation than you would be eligible for all the entrance examination conduct in INDIA for admission in MBA course.

Some Entrance Examination for MBA.

CAT -Common apptituude Test-IIM
MAT- Management Aptitude Test
FMS-Faculty of Management Studies Entrance Exam for MBA
SNAP-Symbiosis National Aptitude Test
XAT-XLRI Xavier Aptitude Test
CMAT-Calibre Management Aptitude Test
GMAT-Graduate Management Aptitude Test

Reputed B-School Selection Process

1. Entrance Examination

2. Group Discussion

3. Personal Interview.

TOP TEN MBA COLLEGES RANK WISE

1. IIM - AHMEDABAD

2. IIM - BANGALORE

3.IIM - CALCUTTA

4. XLRI - JAMSHEDPUR

5. IIPM

6. FMS- DELHI

7. IIM - INDORE

8.IIM - LUCKNOW

9 ISB - HYDERABAD

10. IIM – KOLKATTA
25th May 2012, 11:12 AM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

MBA stands for MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION this is a POST GRADUATION course duration of this course is 2 years and course divided in to 4 semesters.Graduation is the minimum qualification for to join in this course and no percentage required in 10th and 12th standard.

ELIGIBILITY:

1.Graduate students are applicable.

2.No age limit for this course.

3.Candidate should be a citizen of india.

SOME OF ENTRANCE EXAMS FOR MBA:

1.CAT

2.MAT

3.ICET

4.GMAT etc...

BEST OF LUCK....
24th July 2012, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

which stream we have to choose for mba
4th August 2012, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
percentage required in 10th,12th and in graduation to do mba...please tell me how much
how many percentage in graduation
5th August 2012, 10:00 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hi,
See there is no special demarcation for 10th and 12th marks as per MBA standards till now. But it is obviously good from your point of view if you get a decent amount of marks in every step of your education. The only limitation for MBA is that if a candidate does not hold 50% or more in his graduation aggregate then he or she is not eligible for MBA admission, even for MBA admission test for that matter. If the candidate is from a reserved criteria then he or she can have 45% or more. After fulfilling this criteria you go for the admission test. On clearing that you go for the interview. On clearing it you get admitted!
12th September 2012, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

can a coresspondence graduation studnt do mba regular from iim n what is the criteria need for that
4th February 2013, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

i m in 8th semester of engineering.i have one back in 7th sem..i am preparing for cat13. Is this back in 7th semester effects me in getting good b-school? till now my average percentage is 65% .
4th February 2013, 08:03 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hello,

In order to pursue mba , you need to have a 50 % in your graduation in any discipline from recognized college if you belong to general category , and 45% for sc/st needed that's all you needed .

Well marks of +10 and +12 marks does not matter at all , so need to worry if your marks is not that great in your higher secondary or senior secondary level .

You need to appear for mba entrance exam like cat,mat, snap, xat, gmat, etc ....in order to get admission in topb-school , you need to bring good percentile say above 95 , then only you will be able to pursue mba from good colleges like :

IIM (A)

IIM (B)

IIM (C)

FMS (Delhi)(

IBS (Hyderabad)

Symbiosis( Pune ) etc .....

So friend give your best in mba entrance exam ,

Good luck
29th April 2013, 06:46 AM
Unregistered

how much percentage is required in 12th for MBA
24th May 2013, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

I have done B.com with 65% marks from Kolhan university.Can i apply for CAT for MBA.Pls reply through [email protected]
5th June 2013, 10:44 AM
GEORGE JOSEPH V

Smile Re: Percentage required in 10th, 12th and in graduation to do MBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear friend,

Hello friend
>>IIM's admission is based on CAT exam score card
>>You need to know that 12th marks are not base for IIM's admission
>>You need to get atleast 50% marks in degree
>>There is no age restriction
>>In this institutes only post graduation , executives and doctoral courses will be offered
all the best.........
10th June 2013, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

Well..i m pursuing btech..i hv 82% in class 10th n 67 % in clads 12th.m i eligible fr cat ??
11th January 2014, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my graduation in B.Com with Accounts Hons. with 45% and i am general cast so can i do MBA?
13th May 2015, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE COMPLETED MY GRADUATION IN B.SC WITH MATHS HONS.WITH 43%.AM I ELIGIBLE FOR CAM OR MAT?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?