14th December 2015, 08:53 AM
vengateshn

Possibility of getting admission into IIT after one year gap?

Respected Sir/Mam

I completed my B.E. this academic year, I had one backlog in the third semester which I cleared in the very next semester. So now I have a degree in first class.

Is it possible for me to get into IIT by clearing the gate exam? Am I eligible for it?

Regards
Vengatesh

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get admission to study M.Tech in IIT if having 7 years gap in B.Tech after 12th?
  2. AIEEE/IIT exam eligibility and suggestion regarding two year gap
  3. Is there any possibility to get admission into IIT after doing diploma in mechanical
  4. Is there any possibility to get a seat in IITs after scoring 546 in GATE with 97.70 percentile with 1863 rank? Can I get MS in IIT? Job opportunities for MS in IITs? Which is good between MS and M.Tech in IIT?
  5. Is it possible to get admission in 12th CBSE having a gap of 1 year after 11th CBSE?
  6. Do IIT and NIT ask for final year percentage above 60%? Is there a possibility to get such colleges?
  7. How to take admission in BSc after completing 12th? I have taken a gap of 1 year
  8. Am i eligible for IIT JEE with one year gap after 12th?
  9. Can I have 1 year gap for IIT JEE entrance exam without submitting the form after passig 12th?
  10. Possibilities of getting a job in PSU sector?
  11. Possibility to get admission in famous private MBBS colleges of MP as per my score in MP-PMT and UP-CPMT?
  12. Will I get admission in good B-school if there is more than one year academic gap?
  13. Is it possible to get admission for 12th in another CBSE school after 1 year gap?
  14. Procedure to get admission in 12th standard for a candidate who has a gap of 5 years after 10th?
  15. Jobs difficulty after having 1 year gap after 10th and 2 years gap after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Is there any possibility to get into any NIT after scoring 123 in GATE?
  17. A year gap will restrict me in getting a job?
  18. Eligibility to appear in IIT entrance exam when having an year gap in studies after 11th class? Is it advisable to drop a year for the preparation of IIT?
14th December 2015, 07:37 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Possibility of getting admission into IIT after one year gap?

Yes, you are eligible for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering as you have cleared your pending backlog.

The important dates for GATE 2016 are already over. So, you need to wait for GATE 2017 exam for which notification will be released in September, 2016. It is either conducted by IIT or IISC.

This is an objective exam and now conducted online. It consists of 65 questions of 100 marks. To get admission in IIT for M.Tech, you need to have decent rank in this exam.

Practice and good conceptual knowledge of technical subjects is key to excel in this exam.
15th December 2015, 12:14 AM
saidam

Surely you are eligible to take admission into IIT by scoring well in GATE Exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This is organized once in a year.

From the past few years, GATE Exam has gained a lot of significance not only in getting admission for M.Tech but also for job opportunities.

Public sector companies started hiring the candidates on the basis of GATE Score and by conducting a Group Discussion and Interview there after.

Since you are eligible, you prepare well for this GATE Exam and attempt well.

You can get admission in IIT only if you score extremely well.
15th December 2015, 08:53 PM
lvenkatesh

Nothing to worry about your eligibility. Though you have 1 year gap, that is not a problem at all.

You are eligible for GATE Exam - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Students should score good marks for getting admission in IIT's.

So, join in some coaching institute and study well and score well.

There are so many GATE books and previous papers available in market. Purchase them and study well.

With GATE score, you can also get jobs in Government companies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?