23rd April 2015, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study MBBS for a candidate who has completed 12th about 15 years ago?

Hello guys,
I am very much interested in Medicine
but could not get MBBS degree.
Now after 15 years of my 12th I want to do MBBS.
Please tell me is it possible for me or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission to study MBBS if completed BPT 4 years ago but secured 39% in 12th?
  2. Possibility to study LLM through Distance Learning for a candidate who has completed MCA 4 years ago?
  3. Possibility to study MBBS in China for a candidate who has secured 50% in 12th standard? Procedure of admission?
  4. Possibility to study M.Com for 39 years old candidate who has 17 years of work experience?
  5. Possibility to study B.Tech for a candidate who has completed Civil Engineering Diploma 8 years ago and worked in Dubai?
  6. Possibility to study PhD in Netaji Subhash Chandra Institute of Technology for a candidate who has completed M.Sc in Biotechnology 14 years ago?
  7. Possibility to study Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering for a candidate who has completed ITI Electrical 20 years ago?
  8. Possibility to pursue Diploma in Mechanical/Automobile Engineering for a candidate who has completed 10th 15 years ago?
  9. Possibility to study MBBS in USA for a candidate who has secured less than 50% in PCM of 12th?
  10. Possibility to study Civil Engineering Diploma course if completed 10th CBSE about 5 years ago?
  11. Possibility to study Master of Engineering for an employee who has completed Diploma in CSE 10 years ago?
  12. Possibility to study 1 year Diploma in ECE for a candidate who has discontinued B.Tech(ECE) 2 years ago?
  13. Possibility to do PhD for a candidate who has completed NET-JRF(Hindi) 4 years ago?
  14. Is there any possibility to study BL course as part time? I have completed MBBS degree in Coimbatore -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Is there any possibility to join B.E after MBBS?
  16. Can I get admission to study MBBS if secured 80% in 12th being a 16 years old candidate?
  17. Possibility to study in USA for B.Tech graduate completed from non UGC and AICTE approved college?
  18. List of colleges which offers B.Ed for a candidate who has completed B.Sc(Physic) 10 years ago?
24th April 2015, 08:09 AM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Possibility to study MBBS for a candidate who has completed 12th about 15 years ago?

Yes, as per the Government medical colleges there is no such age limit for a student who want to go for MBBS degree, only the candidate should be more than 17 years old that's it. As you have finished your class 12th 15 years before so you are eligible for the MBBS.
24th April 2015, 09:10 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Possibility to study MBBS for a candidate who has completed 12th about 15 years ago?

AIPMT(All India Pre-Medical Test) conducted by CBSE for admission in different courses in different medical or dental colleges in India .

Eligibility criteria for applying AIPMT:-

i)Candidate must have completed 10+2 degree with minimum of 50% marks with PCB(Physics,Chemistry,Biology).

ii)Candidates appearing for 10+2 are also eligible .

iii)Candidate must have attained age of 17 years.

iv)Candidate must not have attained age of 25 years (Age relaxation of 5 years for Reserved category candidates).

It will not be possible for for you ,if belonging to general category, to apply for AIPMT as you will above 25 years of age and so doesn't fulfill the eligibility criteria.
24th April 2015, 09:36 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

As you have neither mentioned your current age nor the year in which you had completed your +2, therefore it is quite difficult to provide you with the exact information.

However, the age limit for doing MBBS course is 17 years to 30 years, so if in fall anywhere in between, than you can most probably do this course.
24th April 2015, 12:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello guys,
I am very much interested in Medicine
but could not get MBBS degree.
Now after 15 years of my 12th I want to do MBBS.
Please tell me is it possible for me or not?
As per age criteria, you are not eligible for MBBS entrance exam.

Candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for MBBS entrance exam but your 12th standard subject are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 40%.

Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years. No age relaxation provide for reserved category.
24th April 2015, 03:42 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

The maximum age limit to apply MBBS course admission is 25 years(30 years for reserved category candidates) as specified by the Medical Council of India(MCI). But, I think now you are already above 30 years. So, as a candidate who has above 30 years of age, now you are not eligible to pursue MBBS course in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?