17th November 2011, 10:43 AM
piyalidutta

Is this possible to appear for GATE Exam to pursue M.Tech having completed B.Tech in Instrumentation 3 years back?

Dear Sir,
I have already completed my B.Tech in Instrumentation (in 2008) with 80% marks. Now I am doing a job. But I want to sit GATE 2012 exam to do M.Tech. Is it possible to sit GATE 2012 and complete my M.Tech after this 3yrs? If possible please let me inform.

Thank You.

17th November 2011, 05:43 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is this possible to appear for GATE Exam to pursue M.Tech having completed B.Tech in Instrumentation 3 years back?

Yes you can appear for this year GATE exam.GATE entrance exam is held once in a year,this is conducted by IIT's to intake qualified students for Post graduation course in Engineering,Architecture and Statistical course.This exam score is valid for 2 years.

Eligibility criteria for GATE-2012 exam:
Candidate should have complete graduation degree in Engineering/Architecture/Statistical course.
or
Candidate being in final year with above mentioned course can also eligible for Gate exam.

Important dates for GATE-2012 exam:
Opening date for application form is 12th Sept 2011.
Closing date for application form is 21st Oct 2011.
Exam will held on 29th Jan 2012

To apply the application form online,then click here
11th December 2011, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is this possible to appear for GATE Exam to pursue M.Tech having completed B.Tech in Instrumentation 3 years back?

Sir i my brach is instrumentation and control engg i am eligible for M tech in nuclear
11th December 2011, 08:52 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
GATE EXAM is conducted every year for deciding the eligibility of the engineering aspirants. With the this score the aspirants are eligible to get admission to masters degree course. The mark obtained by the aspirant is recognised by many university in India. Moreover with have score one is eligible to apply for the public sector companies like bhel, ntpc, ongc etc.
The eligibility for appearing in the exam includes
the aspirant should have completed bachelor degree from a recognised university. Final year aspirants are also eligible.
Masters degree holders in the field of mathematics , science are also eligible.
There is no age limit for appearing in the exam
there is no restriction on the number of attempts for the exam.
GATE qualified aspirants are given consideration in the fee and moreover they are given monthly stipend too.
The score is valid for a period of 2 years. So there are many advantage in writing the gate exam.
12th December 2011, 06:09 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for Graduate APtitude Test in Engineering. This Exam is being conducted by Indian Institute of Science and 7 IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) jointly.

Here is the eligibility criteria for GATE Exam.

One should have completed Graduation in Engineering with any of the specialization in Engineering.

Even the candidates who are in the pre final year of Engineering are also eligible to appear for this Exam.

There is no age limit at all in order to appear for this Exam. One can take up this exam at any age.

GATE score card is valid for a period of 2 years in the sense if you have appeared for GATE Exam in 2 consecutive years, you can use the best score card between the two in order to get admission for M.Tech course.

No problem at all even if you have completed your B.Tech in Instrumentation 3 years back. You are eligible to apply for GATE Exam.

Have good preparation to the GATE Exam and crack the exam.

For updated information on GATE Exam, you can visit the official website for GATE Exam. Here it is,
http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/
18th December 2011, 08:32 PM
why this kolaveri di

hello friend,
GATE stands for Graduation Aptitude Test for Engineering.
It is the entrance exam for M.tech Course.

Eligibility Criteria:-

**Educational qualification is BE/B.tech/B,arch/Master degree graduation in any stream from any recognized university.

**No age limit.

**No limit to Attend the exams.So,you can give GATE exam at any time and any age.

**Final year graduates are also apply.

**There is No minimum percentage is required.

*Gate score is valid up to 2 years.

prepare well
for further details www.gateiitm.in
all the best................
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?