27th January 2017, 05:03 PM
Kumari Priya sand

Is it possible to appear in NEET exam as per NEET criteria after completing 2 attempts for AIPMT?

Respected Sir, I had completed class 12th 3 years ago and I have also completed 2 attempts for AIPMT exam. Now I want to appear for NEET exam so I want to know is it possible to appear in NEET exam as per NEET criteria after completing 2 attempts for AIPMT? Please answer as soon as possible.

28th January 2017, 12:47 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to appear in NEET exam as per NEET criteria after completing 2 attempts for AIPMT?

Till now, there is no limit on number of attempts in case of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. Candidates who meet age criteria can apply for this examination. The age criteria for NEET examination is 17-25 years. Upper age relaxation are applicable for candidates of reserved category.

Yes, you can apply for NEET 2017 after appearing for AIPMT twice. Minimum of 50% marks in board exam is required to apply for NEET exam. Age is calculated on last day of examination year, 31st December of year of examination.
28th January 2017, 12:47 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to appear in NEET exam as per NEET criteria after completing 2 attempts for AIPMT?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for NEET. NEET examination is conducted every year.

As per eligibility candidates passed or appearing for 12th board examination with PCB as main paper and have minimum 50% are eligible to appear for examination but the candidates age must be between 17-25 years.

So, if you are below 25 years as on 31st December 2017 you will be eligible to appear for NEET 2017. No limitations on number of attempts to appear for examination.
28th January 2017, 05:18 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to appear in NEET examination even if you have already appeared twice in NEET examination. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria required to appear in NEET examination can appear in NEET examination as many as times as they wish. You should have passed 12th standard with PCB stream and you should have passed English as a qualifying subject and you should be at least 17 years old as on 31st December of the year of examination to appear in NEET examination.
28th January 2017, 05:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumari Priya sand View Post
Respected Sir, I had completed class 12th 3 years ago and I have also completed 2 attempts for AIPMT exam. Now I want to appear for NEET exam so I want to know is it possible to appear in NEET exam as per NEET criteria after completing 2 attempts for AIPMT? Please answer as soon as possible.
No, you are not eligible for NEET exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject with above 50% marks are eligible for NEET exam. Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.

There is no attempts limit.
28th January 2017, 07:21 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same is held for admission in MBBS/BDS degree course from any medical college across India.

--> The minimum qualification required for appearing in NEET ( formerly known as AIPMT ) are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 17 years by the 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are going to appear in the same examination. For reserved category candidates the maximum age limit is 30 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks from a recognized board of examination. In case of SC/ST and PH candidates the marks required in qualifying examination is 40%.

Also as far as you are concerned about the number of attempts allowed for qualifying NEET then till now there is no such limit and a student is allowed to appear till he/she satisfies the eligibility criteria.

For more details and updates upon NEET you can refer to the link www.aipmt.nic.in.
28th January 2017, 10:37 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

If your age is less than upper age limit, then you are eligible to apply for NEET. 15% seats filled at All India Level as per criteria using NEET. 85% seats filled at state level as per state eligibility criteria.

NEET Eligibility
- You must have Adhaar Card.
- You must have passed senior secondary education with at least 50% with PCB subjects.
- Your age should be between 17 to 25 years on 31st December of the examination year.
- Maximum 3 attempts are allowed till the upper age limit.

NEET Exam Pattern
- Total Questions : 180
- Total Marks : 720
- For each correct answer, 4 marks will be alloted
- For each wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.

NEET Important Dates
- Starting of Registration : Last Week of Jan, 2017
- Last Date of Registration : Feb, 2017
- Download Hall Tickets : 1st Week Apr, 2017
- NEET Exam : 7 May, 2017
- Result Declaration : June, 2017
30th January 2017, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

How will be the NEET Exams 1 and 2 conducted in 2016 considered? It will be as 1 attempt or 2 attempts.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?