31st August 2016, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to appear in NET Education subject if haven't completed M.Ed yet?

I have passed M.Sc in mathematics with 55%, now I want to do M.ED. Then I wish to appear in Net exam in education. Is it possible to appear? Please inform me.

Related Questions:
31st August 2016, 06:27 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it possible to appear in NET Education subject if haven't completed M.Ed yet?

Yes,you can appear in NET Education subject if you haven't completed M.Ed.Because the eligibility criteria required for NET exam is:-

->>The applicants must be an Indian national.

->>The applicants must be a graduate/postgraduate or hold a degree in B.Tech/BE/Integrated BS-MS/MBBS/MSC/PhD from a recognized university/institution, with a minimum score of 55% in the final degree exam.

->>There is no upper age limit for the exam for lectureship.The maximum age limit for JRF exam is 28 years.Relaxation in the upper age limit may be provided, as per terms and conditions of the Government of India.
31st August 2016, 07:10 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to appear in NET Education subject if haven't completed M.Ed yet?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by UGC twice every year. You are eligible to appear for examination and after qualifying in examination eligible for recruitment in jobs.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed master degree from recognised university with minimum 55% for general category and 50% for reserved category.

To get more information about examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
31st August 2016, 09:21 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

You are eligible to apply for NET if you have passed master's degree.

NET Eligibility
- You should have passed master's degree with at least 55% from a recognized university. For other categories , Applicants should have 50% in master's.

NET Important Dates
- Online Registration Starts : 16.08.2016
- Registration Closed On : 09.09.2016
1st September 2016, 12:36 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear in NET exam which stands for National Eligibility Test. The minimum educational qualification required to appear in NET is Master degree from any well recognized university without any backlog. As you already had completed M.Ed, so you can apply for NET. Also your age must not be more than 28 years being a unreserved candidate.
1st September 2016, 12:53 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.
It is conducted twice in a year for Assistant Professor and JRF(Junior Research Fellowship).
Eligibility to appear in NET
-Candidate must have completed master degree from any university recognized by UGC(University Grant Commission)
-Candidates appearing in final exam of M.Sc are also eligible.

There is no age limit for Assistant Professor but for JRF, you need to be less than 27 years.
Also number of attempts is not limited.

You have completed your M.Sc degree, so, you can appear for NET as M.Ed degree is not required to appear in NET.

Registration for NET December 2016 is in progress which ends on 09th September 2016.
NET will be conducted on 18th December 2016.
1st September 2016, 12:54 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.
Candidates who have completed their master degree with more than 55% marks from any university recognized by UGC are eligible to appear in it.
There is no restriction to appear in NET for Assistant Lecturer.
Candidates should appear in NET for that subject with which they have completed masters.

Since, you want to appear in NET with Education subject then you are not eligible for NET because you have not completed M.Ed yet as mentioned in your post.
So, you need to complete M.Ed first then appear in NET.
In case you are in final year of M.Ed and you will complete your degree by end of this session then you will become eligible for NET which will be conducted in July 2017.
1st September 2016, 10:50 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed M.Sc in mathematics with 55%, now I want to do M.ED. Then I wish to appear in Net exam in education. Is it possible to appear? Please inform me.
If you have completed masters degree in Education from a recognized University, then you are eligible for UGC NET exam in Education.

Final year candidates are also eligible.

Your masters degree marks must be above 55% marks. There are no age criteria for UGC NET exam. For JRF post, your age should be below 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?