23rd August 2011, 12:01 PM
k.s.mamatha

Is this possible to do a Bank Job without having much knowledge in Mathematics after the completion of MBA?

hi sir/mam i completed my MBA with the specialization of HR/MR so am i suitable for the Bank exams. recently i have joined to a company as a hr assistant but i want to settled in bank areas.i dont have much knowledge about mathematics becouse iam in different stream. i did my B.Sc in science. so is it possible to get a Bank job for me please give me suggetions.

Thanks,
Mamatha

15th October 2011, 04:40 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is this possible to do a Bank Job without having much knowledge in Mathematics after the completion of MBA?

Yes definitely you can apply for the bank jobs after MBA. Regarding the mathematics subjects, it is needed to have only a basic level knowledge of mathematics to attend the bank exams. You have a section in bank exams relating to the numerical ability. In this section only a basic school level mathematics up to 12th class will be involved. You can get trained in attempting it by going for bank coaching. They will provide you training in this area.
15th October 2011, 07:33 PM
arun.potturu

Default Re: Is this possible to do a Bank Job without having much knowledge in Mathematics after the completion of MBA?

Hi friend,it is possible to get bank job with less maths knowledge.But you should have good command in english and in solving reasoning questions.
The bank exam consists of written test,interview.
The written test consists of
1.aptitude,reasoning questions.
2.General awareness.
3.General english.
4.descriptive section.
If you not strong in maths do well in remaining sections.
27th November 2011, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam, i want to know that after completing M.B.A may i become a bank p.o and if yes than i want to know that what will be the benifit of completing M.B.A for a bank p.o. at present i am studying in class 12th. sir please give me suggetions.
27th November 2011, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam i want to know that may i become a bank p.o after completing M.B.A and what will be the benifit of completing M.B.A for a bank p.o job? at present i am studying in class 12th. sir please suggest me, i will always thankful to u
30th November 2011, 06:17 PM
mahi 16

As far as the maths is concern the level is upto 10th class only.

for govt jobs you must clear the entrance test
which consist of of question related to
Quantitative aptitude (maths)
English
reasoning
General awareness
and
person should be graduate.
age not more than 28.
Now a days
PRIVATE BANKS
demand atleast
MBA qualified candidate
plus
very good communication skill.
24th December 2011, 04:04 PM
rrmm92

yes,you can apply for the bank jobs after MBA. Regarding the mathematics subjects, it is needed to have only a basic level knowledge of mathematics to attend the bank exams. You have a section in bank exams relating to the numerical ability. In this section only a basic school level mathematics up to 12th class will be involved. You can get trained in attempting it by going for bank coaching. They will provide you training in this area.goodluck
31st January 2012, 07:42 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hi

MBA is acronym for Master of Business administration.The duration of this course is 2 years.MBA is the post graduation field which will enter the Business field.The minimum eligibility for join in MBA is you have to complete your graduation with 50% of marks in any recognized university.

Best colleges in Mumbai:

NMIMS University
National Institute of Industrial Engineering(NITIE)
Shailesh J Metha school of management,IIT Mumbai(SJSOM)
SP Jain Institute of Management & Research
Welingkars Institute of Management(We School)
JAmnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies(JBIMS)
ITM Business School
MET Institute of Technology
Whistling woods International
AICAR Business School
Lala Lajpat RAi Institute of Management(LLIM)
DG Ruparel College
Avalon Technology
Kingfisher Training Academy(KTA)

Good luck.......
1st February 2012, 01:31 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.s.mamatha View Post
hi sir/mam i completed my MBA with the specialization of HR/MR so am i suitable for the Bank exams. recently i have joined to a company as a hr assistant but i want to settled in bank areas.i dont have much knowledge about mathematics becouse iam in different stream. i did my B.Sc in science. so is it possible to get a Bank job for me please give me suggetions.

Thanks,
Mamatha
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi!!

as you have done your MBA programme and now want to get settled in Bank jobs.so,you are thinking now to get setteled with no tensions
----------------------------------------------------------------------
jobs in banking
  • BANK PO
  • bank clerk(which you won't want to get being a MBA )
  • BANK OFFICER
  • BANK MANAGER
Is mathematics play an important role for bank jobs?

surely yes!!

• but donot worry as there is simple mathematics required for you.for this you need to give ENTRANCE EXAM for BANK JOBS.
  • As you have done your MBA you won't feel diffIculty in giving INTERVIEW for bank jobs
  • You just need to crack the exam
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUBJECTS
  • General english
  • computer basics
  • maths
  • reasoning
  • general knowledge
-
---------------------------------------------------------------------
MY ADVICE
it is not difficult to crack maths as the level is not to high ,but for you you will face problem so better to take coaching

after this you will surely clear the next rounds as you must bbe having other qualities being a MBA
  • Knowledge about current affairs
  • speaking skills
  • english
  • presentation skills
so, focus on maths as practice will surely help you.........

with regards
roknits
1st February 2012, 01:48 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

yes, you can apply in bank jobs as the level of mathematics is only up to 10 class.

There are four,five part or section in the PO EXAM OR IN CLERK GOVT EXAMINATION.

ENGLISH ,REASONING,QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE ,COMPUTERS,GENERAL AWARENESS

there will be 50 questions on each subject.

There is maths only in quantitative aptitude and little in reasoning and level of mathematics is also not very high in
these subjects as they will cover 10/12th standard mathematics only.

if you still find it difficult you can take coaching for examination.

some coaching centers are given below

Bright Academy Chandigarh , India
Brilliant Tutorials Chennai , India
Career Shapers Education Forum Delhi/NCR , India
Future Propel Mumbai , India
JTS Institute Bangalore , India
M.P.Career Institute For Bank P.O Indore , India
Pathfinder Education Services Pvt. Ltd. Bhopal , India
Sachdeva New P.T College Delhi/NCR , India
T.I.M.E.(Triumphant Institute Of Management Education Pvt. Ltd) Secunderabad , I
5th February 2012, 10:37 PM
unagi

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Yes you are eligible for Bank Clerk Exam after Completing 12th class in First Division.
You need to have good aggregate in Your 12th class i.e atleast 60%.
After the completion of your B.Tech or Degree or Graduation You are eligible to appear Bank PO exam.

There were many more bank exams in which you can apply for Clerical post at present.Few Bank exams were mentioned as below as follows:

* State Bank of India
* ICICI Bank
* Canara Bank
* Andhra Bank
* Central Bank of India etc

Books Preferred:

In order to crack these bank exams you need to prepare the following books:

* R.S.Agarwal
* R.K Gupta
* NCERT Books
* Reasoning and aptitude,English Books etc

Thank You
17th February 2012, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

how i will selected after completed mba
5th June 2012, 11:39 AM
Nature Boy

Dear Mamta,

It must that you have to prepare yourself for Mathematics, because in any competition you have to face Mathematics because in bank exam you must minimum pass in mathematics (40% of 50 marks minimum)

Sllybus for bank exam write as below.

1. GENERAL AWARNESS with current last 1 to 7 months.
2. MATHS
3. REASONING
4. COMPUTER AWARNEES
5. GENERAL ENGLISH
All are subjects are 50 marks each respectively for Clerk and PO. including 25* marks descriptive paper in english for only PO vancies. not for clerk
*Only for PO.

Exam schuedle for po and clerk it held every 10 months for each po and clerk vacancies.

Regards,
Yogesh Khandelwal
9th October 2012, 12:37 AM
Lokeshthetopper

Dear aspirant,

Mathematics is not important for it.
But your aptitude knowledge will play a great role over here as it a common topic for all the candidates till class 12th.

Now a days a huge no. of recruitments are going on in Banking sector.

You can apply to:
IBPS exam.
SBI exams.

You can enter into the ibps website and apply for teh exam.
It can help you to get job in 19 nationalized banks.

These exams are mainly based on following :

1. Test of Reasoning
2. Test of English Language
3. Test of Numerical Ability
4. Test of General Awareness
5. Test of Computer Knowledge
each 50 marks

and the cut off will be on the range of 180+ to get a good job in a bank of your choice.
It is to keep yourself in a safer side.

Use following monthly magazines:
banking chronicle
current affairs
pratiyogita kiran

Believe you can and you will on the half way.
Please do visit this website for your queries related to any entrance exam.
Best of luck
2nd December 2015, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

Sir ! Can i apply 4 bank job. I did my gradution in b.sc ( bio). So it is possible to get a bank job or apply 4 bank job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?