12th September 2017, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get admission for MBBS if physically challenged?

Dear Sir/Mam, My son has a problem in one eye. In the right eye, he has no vision. In left eye no problem. My question is that my son gets admission in MBBS on the physically handicapped certificate or not. Please reply me with the complete details. Thanks!

12th September 2017, 10:00 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get admission for MBBS if physically challenged?

Yes definitely if you are physically handicapped then you can get admission in MBBS course and also you will get relaxation as well as quota for your selection on the basis of your physical handicapped certificate. If you have a certificate of physical handicapped then you must show it to the counselling authority while taking admission.
12th September 2017, 10:17 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, he is eligible to get admission in MBBS course after qualifying in NEET or AIIMS entrance examination.

There is no such limitation on physically challenged candidates to appear in examination.

The eligibility to appear in examination is ;:

Candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have minimum aggregate of 50% in PCB in board examination for NEET and 60% in AIIMS.

So, if you have above qualification you can appear in entrance examination and after qualifying in examination will become eligible for admission in MBBS course.

For detail information about examination visit at www.aiimsexam.org. and www.cbseneet.nic.in.
13th September 2017, 01:42 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, your son is eligible to get admission in MBBS course. But only after qualifying in National Eligibility Entrance Test conducted by CBSE.

For admission in AIIMS institute candidates have to qualify in AIIMS MBBS examination.

The required qualification to appear in examination is candidate must have passed 12th with PCB as main paper.

The required minimum aggregate varies with examination.

There is relaxation in cut off's for PWD candidates. To get more information about examination visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in.
13th September 2017, 09:03 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

MBBS refers to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and as the name suggests it is a bachelor degree course of five and a half years ( inclusive of one year of internship ).

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing the same degree course is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50%aggregate from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility to pursue MBBS degree course being physically handicapped then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible as for these examination PH category candidates are also eligible.

Further being a PH category candidate you will also get relaxation in minimum marks required in Class 12th for appearing in MBBS admission tests like NEET ( marks relaxation of 5% ) and AIIMS MBBS entrance examination (marks relaxation of 10%). Also your cutoff for qualifying these examination will be also low as in the case of PH category candidates.

For more details regarding NEET you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in and for details regarding AIIMS MBBS entrance examination you can visit www.aiimsexams.org .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?