4th April 2011, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get direct 2nd year admission in IITs after completing diploma?

Is it possible to get direct 2nd year admission in IITs after completing diploma?

please reply

thanks

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get direct 2nd year admission in B.Tech after completing 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering?
  2. Can I get direct 2nd year admission in B.Tech after completing 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering?
  3. Can I get direct admission in B.Tech 2nd year if secured 85% in Diploma Civil? -- [New]
  4. Where can I get admission in direct 2nd year after completing diploma from VJTI with 73% in Mechanical Engineering
  5. How to take admission in direct 2nd year diploma after completing my HSC Electronics? Procedure and the colleges?
  6. Possibility to get direct admission in 2nd year of Diploma Chemical for 12th candidate with 48.15%? -- [New]
  7. List of institution and procedure of admission for direct entry into second year of B.Tech. after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Is it worth taking admission in IITs for direct 2nd year admission? Procedure to take admission?
  9. How to take admission in degree direct 2nd year after completing diploma from VJTI
  10. How to change the college after completing diploma? How to take admission in direct 2nd year?
  11. Is it possible for me to get direct admission to 2nd year diploma course if I am dropped out from 12th?
  12. How to get admission direct 2nd year of B.E after passing diploma in IT with 73%?
  13. Can I get direct 2nd year admission in Karnataka? Colleges available for the lateral entry in Maharashtra?
  14. Can I get admission in direct 2nd year in mechanical engineering after completing diploma in computer engineering?
  15. Is it possible to get direct admission in 2nd year for graduation if I have completed diploma in civil engineering with 85% marks?
  16. Admission in direct 2nd year degree in UP after completing diploma with 83%? Which is the entrance and what is the criteria?
  17. Can I get admission in 3rd year of engineering after completing 2 years of diploma course?
  18. Can I get direct admission in 2nd year for Aeronautical Engineering course after completing diploma in E&TC? What is the admission process? In which colleges can I get admission for Aeronautics?
5th April 2011, 07:08 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get direct 2nd year admission in IITs after completing diploma?

For the B.Tech course admission is only through the IIT-JEE exam. There is no other exam like lateral entry. So admission to the 2nd year directly is not possible. If you wish to join the IIT then you can appear for the IIT-JEE. But you will joining in from the 1st year, so you will need to study for an additional year. But that should not be concern as a degree from IIT will have a good impact on the your career prospects.
10th April 2011, 01:08 AM
mseetharamster

Default Re: Is it possible to get direct 2nd year admission in IITs after completing diploma?

No lateral entry is not possible into any of the Government universities....
If you want to join IIT you should join first year and by clearing IITJEE only.
26th May 2011, 08:37 AM
Unregistered

IIT ADMISSION TO DIPLOMA COMPLITED HW PERCENTAGE REQUIRES TO MERIT LIST
1st July 2011, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

is it possible to change college in the second year after completing first year from a different college??pls help
2nd July 2011, 11:50 AM
umathkavi

No, you cannot take admission in the second year in IIT's because the only possible way to enter into the IIT's B.Tech course is to give an entrance for the JEE examination .

After clearing that you will get admission in the 1st year only.
4th July 2011, 02:32 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
No my friend it is not possible, as you want to take admission in IIT's..
because iit's does not offer such lateral entry exams..
ir you really want to join in IIT then you have to go through the IIT-JEE entrance exam.. in that case you have to take admission in 1st year of B.tech, not in 2nd year..
now you decide what you will do..
All the best.
10th July 2011, 02:47 AM
Unregistered

i have a diploma in IT can i joint a degree of it engineering?
31st August 2011, 12:02 AM
kameshsriram

no, it is impossible to enter into iit directly into 2nd year
4th November 2011, 10:00 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

No lateral entry is possible in any government organization as it is done totally on merit. Every govt institute organizes entrance exams, and so you have to apply and sit for them.

IIT JEE, AIEEE, DCE, etc are some of the common entrance exams. You cannot enter IIT after completion of Diploma. You can either take attempt for IIT JEE, or get a graduation degree so that you can apply for GATE , that enables you to enter IIT for M Tech.

All the best.
7th November 2011, 07:24 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Is it possible to get direct 2nd year admission in IITs after completing diploma?

There is no lateral entry in the B Tech course of the IIT's. Since they are government colleges, so no lateral entry is allowed in them.

If you are to study engineering in these colleges, then you have to appear for the exam called IIT JEE.
Its an all India level examination, conducted every year by the IIT's and over 4 lac students compete for just 8000-10000 seats.

So, you have to complete your diploma, and then you can give GATE, to study M Tech in the IIT's.

All the best.

Regards
RJ
18th November 2011, 09:53 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Is it possible to get direct 2nd year admission in IITs after completing diploma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imira View Post
For the B.Tech course admission is only through the IIT-JEE exam. There is no other exam like lateral entry. So admission to the 2nd year directly is not possible. If you wish to join the IIT then you can appear for the IIT-JEE. But you will joining in from the 1st year, so you will need to study for an additional year. But that should not be concern as a degree from IIT will have a good impact on the your career prospects.
yes,, thx a lot...,
now inm doing final year diploma im going to joint iit from the first year... after my diploma ,, im going to apply for entrence exam in iit.
1st May 2013, 04:54 PM
Abhay_singh_170396

sir , i have done 12 from cbse board in the year 2013 can i get lateral entry in 2nd year in jharkhand polytecnic.
29th May 2013, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

now i m doing 3rd year of diploma in e&tc in pune and i want to take an admission in vjti or sardar patel ,so can i get an admission for direct 2nd yea.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?