13th July 2016, 10:43 PM
k.choudhary

Is it possible to join Flying branch of IAF being an Asthma patient?

Hello Sir, I want to complete my graduation by joining the flying branch in IAF because I have been suffering from Asthma? I want to know that, Is it possible to do so? Please let me know.

17th July 2016, 02:20 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to join Flying branch of IAF being an Asthma patient?

See, for the flying branch ultimate physical standards are needed because of the obvious reasons.

-You should have 6/6 eyesight.
-No tattoos on body.
-Physically fit with no ailments.

These are the generally the basic requirements(other are height, weight and chest considerations)

So, i don't think you will be allowed for the flying branch. But it doesn't mean that you just cannot apply in air force.
You may get a chance to apply for other cadres like Observer or in administrative departments or the technical wings.

So, you carry on with your preparations for afcat exam(as it is necessary for air force) and then let them decide for which wing you are best once you are finally selected.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?