13th December 2016, 02:17 PM

How can I prepare for IAF exam? What are the Abilities required for Flying branch?

Respected Sir, It is my dream to join the Indian Air Force (IAF) so I want to know how can I prepare for IAF exam and how can I improve my self to join IAF? What are the Abilities required for Flying branch and which type is personality required for IAF Officer? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join flying branch if I am having spectacles? How can I apply for IAF? What are the physical standards required?
  2. Can I join flying branch in IAF after 6 semester CS branch?
  3. How to Apply To Indian Airforce Flying Branch -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Is it possible to join Flying branch of IAF being an Asthma patient?
  5. Can I be eligible for flying branch in IAF if I am 23 years old?
  6. Can we go for Flying branch in IAF after passing B.Com?
  7. Am I eligible for flying branch in IAF? I'm a B.E student for ECE branch and my Age crossed 23 years
  8. Which exams to give to get placed in flying branch of IAF after B.Tech? Which question papers to refer?
  9. How can I apply after graduation for IAF flying branch
  10. How to join Air force after doing B.Com graduation?
  11. Exams and selection procedure for Indian Air Force flying branch after B.Tech (Mechanical engineering)?
  12. Can I get into IAF having secured 2nd Divison in 10+2? When will be the next notification for Flying branch?
  13. Can I apply for IAS after completing ECE? Can I apply for flying branch if I use spectacles?
  14. What is best for girls in IAF? Details of qualifying marks?
  15. Eligibility for Automation Engineer in IAF? Technical Branch or Flying Branch in IAF?
  16. Scope of girls in IAF as a flying officer? Which entrance should be appeared after 12th and what are the degrees required?
  17. Can I be a Pilot in Indian Army or Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Aeronautical Engineering?
  18. Scope in Airforce after completing BCA? Posts in Airforce which require BCA graduates?
14th December 2016, 09:30 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I prepare for IAF exam? What are the Abilities required for Flying branch?

* To be an Indian Air force officer in flying branch you have the following options whoch are as discussed below :-

a) The first option is through NDA ( National Defense Academy ), for which you need to qualify NDA entrance examination. Also for the same examination you need to be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years. Also you need to be a higher secondary school degree with PCM group as main subjects from a recognized board.

b) Second option is through CDS ( Combined Defense Services ), for which you need to qualify CDS entrance examination. Also for the same examination for joining Air force Academy you need to be a bachelor degree holder in Physics or Mathematics or Engineering stream from a recognized university. Also your age need to lie within 19 years to 23 years.

c) Third option is through AFCAT ( Air force Common Admission Test ) for which your age must lie within 20 years to 24 years. Also your educational qualification must be as mentioned for CDS.

For more details about the entries in Indian Air force you can log on to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?