28th July 2016, 12:32 AM
G N Ravi Teja

Is it possible to join the Indian Air Force as a Pilot while pursuing Engineering? If yes then how?

Hello Sir, I am an Engineering student, I want to join the Indian Air Force as a Pilot while pursuing Engineering. Is it possible to do so? Please tell me, How can I do it?

30th July 2016, 10:20 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join the Indian Air Force as a Pilot while pursuing Engineering? If yes then how?

You can apply for various entrance exams in final year of engineering in order to become Pilot in Indian Air Force. The first examination is Air Force Common Admission Test. AFCAT is conducted by Indian Air Force twice every year for recruitment of candidates into flying, technical and ground duty branches.

The eligibility criteria for Flying branch is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology or science with 60% marks or more. The age limit for AFCAT Fying branch is 20-24 years. AFCAT consists of written test and Service Selection Board. For flying branch, you must clear Pilot Aptitude Battery test also.

There is one more exam to enter into Air Force, it is Combined Defence Services. You are eligible for this exam also, age limit is 19-23 years. It is conducted by UPSC and also consists of written test and SSB.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?