19th December 2013, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

Pilot in IAF with 59.4% in B.Tech?

Sir/madam,
my name is Praveen and i want to join Indian Air Force as a pilot. But i got only 59.4% in B.Tech(ECE). And my age is 21yrs. Can i get a job as pilot in indian air force, if yes please explain it clearly. I want to say one thing, becoming a pilot is my goal...! Please send reply as soon as possible

22nd December 2013, 04:27 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Pilot in IAF with 59.4% in B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/madam,
my name is Praveen and i want to join Indian Air Force as a pilot. But i got only 59.4% in B.Tech(ECE). And my age is 21yrs. Can i get a job as pilot in indian air force, if yes please explain it clearly. I want to say one thing, becoming a pilot is my goal...! Please send reply as soon as possible
Hey friend,

Choosing to join in Indian Air Force which is one of the Defence force of India is good option as it shows your passion to serve the country.

The way by which you could join in Indian Air Force is that you need to write the entrance exam and the exam which you could opt is the AFCAT Exam

AFCAT - Air Force Common Admission Test

This exam is conducted for candidate to join in branches such as:

>> Flying Branch

>> Technical Branch

>> Ground Duty Branch

There are criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the exam and they include such as:

# Nationality

# Age Limit

# Education Qualification

To be descriptive about these criteria's refer below for information regarding it:

# Nationality:

~ The candidate appearing for the exam must have a Citizenship in India

# Age Limit

~ The candidate who is joining in Flying Branch is 19-23 years

~ For joining in Technical Branch it is 18-28 years

~ If you wish to join in Ground Duty it is 20-23 years of age.

# Education Qualification:

~ The Education qualification needed for joining in Flying Branch is that you need to have completed a Degree in B.E/B.Tech with at least 60% aggregate.

~ For joining in Technical Branch you need to have completed a degree in B.E/B.Tech with Physics and Mathematics as subjects

~ In the case of joining in Ground Duty branch it is that you need to have completed a degree.

Out of all these you need to satisfy the Physical standard needed for the exam and they are:

PATTERN FOR THE EXAM:

ALL THE BEST
10th March 2014, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

my ambitions is to join indian airforce and i amgivin hslc exam,,,,so what shall i do for that
3rd May 2014, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir I am student of B.tech cse 2nd year, I was born in 17-3-1994,am I eligible to apply for pilot entry after my b.tech completion.ie in 2016...... I want to prepare my self from now onwards. Please advice some of the important books for my preparation. To become pilot is my aim since I was 12 years old,Please advice me sir
Yours respectfully
Mr.xyz
24th March 2015, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Difference between fighter poilet and transport poilet.please tell me answer
26th March 2015, 10:28 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

I am really sorry to say this in fact you are not eligible to apply for the Pilot in Indian Air Force .Since it recruits the students who have secured more than 60% of marks in B.Tech. There is Only one option that is through Flying Branch only you can have a chance to become a Pilot. For Flying Branch you need to satisfy the above requirements. There is another options as well but you have to be under Special category.

1.National Cadet Corps Special Entry

2.Flying Pilot Short Service Commission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?