15th July 2015, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to move to 3rd year if I have failed in 2nd year B.Sc course?

Is it possible to move to 3rd year if I have failed in 2nd year B.Sc course? What should be done for it? Can someone please let me know the procedure which I have to follow up for the same? Please answer me the question as soon as possible!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I complete graduation course after failing in TYBA?
  2. Is it possible to take admission for 3rd year of B.Sc in Microbiology being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Sc in Biotechnology?
  3. How to complete Graduation through private when failed in 3rd year?
  4. Can I enroll myself for 3rd year graduation in any correspondence university if I have failed before?
  5. Details about correspondence courses to complete the graduation in Kolkata?
  6. Can I get admission in BSc 3rd year Maths after completing BSc 2nd year
  7. List of entrance exams along with their scheduled date for taking admission in engineering 2nd year after completing B.Sc? What's the syllabus for the same?
  8. Is it possible to join 2nd year or 3rd year MBBS in abroad after completion of BSc Nursing? How can I become a Doctor after doing BSc Nursing
  9. Is this possible to join 2nd year or 3rd year of MBBS in abroad after the completion of B.Sc Nursing?
  10. Can I apply in Minority Scholarship if having supplementary in 2nd year but appeared in 3rd year examination of B.A.?
  11. Can I do 3rd year B.Sc from Delhi having completed 1st and 2nd year B.Sc from Mumbai University?
  12. Am I eligible for 2nd year diploma? I have been failed in 7 subjects
  13. Admission to 2nd year B.Sc after compartment in 1st year? is it possible in Ambala University?
  14. What is the differnece between MCA 3rd year course and lateral entry in 2nd year in MCA?
  15. Can I take admission in 3rd year LLB in some other college after failing it once?
  16. After BSc what can I do between MSc, MCA and MBA? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Am I eligible for GATE exam if I failed in 1 year of engineering course?
  18. Whether I should do designing course or training after 3rd year or internship at 2nd year?
15th July 2015, 08:17 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it possible to move to 3rd year if I have failed in 2nd year B.Sc course?

No, you cannot do that. In graduation every year should be cleared and then only can you move on to the next year. If you have failed in the second year, you have to clear it first. Then only can you move on to 3rd year. I am sorry, but there is no other way. In fact, there might be some colleges which will promise you that they can admit you directly in 3rd year and you will have no problem in passing the graduation course. But that is not the case.
If you find out deeply about those colleges, then you will find that those colleges are not genuine. The degrees offered by them are not genuine. Later on, universities will not admit you as a master degree candidate, forget about getting a good job. So in my opinion, sit for the second year examination again. This will only take 1 year.
15th July 2015, 08:34 AM
john215

Default Re: Is it possible to move to 3rd year if I have failed in 2nd year B.Sc course?

Re: It is possible to move to 3rd year if I have failed in 2nd year B.Sc course?

No it is not possible
You can write 2nd year fail subjects if you pass fail subjects then you can move to 3rd year easily
So prepare 2nd year backlogs
15th July 2015, 08:44 AM
pointer01

Hello,

No dear, it is not possible to switch to 3rd year without passing 2nd year of Graduation.
If you are fail in all the subjects then, you need to reappear in the examination next year by filling the form.

If you are fail in particular subjects or few subjects then, you can give Back paper by apply for supplementary exam. By passing this exam you can continue your studies. that is you can enter in 3rd year of B.Sci.

All the best.
15th July 2015, 09:06 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Now a Day's it is Semester system in under graduate courses where duration is 3 years & having six semesters . if you are having marks , below pass percentages then you are having back paper which you have to clear in next year in the respective exam by doing back paper exam form fill up .

you will promoted to 3rd year if you are having any back paper , but you have to clear it in the next year when your junior will have the respective exam 3rd semester or 4th semester in which you have back paper.
15th July 2015, 02:17 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Sorry, but it is impossible for any candidate to move to 3 year after failing in 2nd year. Untill and unless you don't complete your 2nd year successfully you cannot move to 3rd year. So, its better for you to stop looking for this answer as there is no such procedure to be followed. you have to pass your 2nd year so as to move on to 3rd year.
15th July 2015, 03:32 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it possible to move to 3rd year if I have failed in 2nd year B.Sc course? What should be done for it? Can someone please let me know the procedure which I have to follow up for the same? Please answer me the question as soon as possible!
It is not clear that whether you have failed means discontinued in 2nd year or did you fail to get arrears. If you have got arrears in your 2nd year then it can be easily cleared in your 3rd year of B.sc. B.sc is a under graduate course of 3 years duration. You can clear the papers in your 3rd year in order to apply for complete the course.
15th July 2015, 03:43 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes there is no way you can jump to the third year if your marksheet is saying that. However there are a few ifs and buts that needs to be considered. You have not mentioned properly whether you have failed in all the subjects or just in a few because if the latter is true, then there is still some hope left for sure.

If you are studying general course and from your question that seems more likely, then even pass marks in one subject can promote you to the next year where you can sit for the supplimentary examination and clear the rest of the two papers. But you should have no backlogs in the first year as otherwise you wont be given this second chance.

But if you have failed in all the three subjects then unfortunately you wont get this opportunity and have to sit for all the examinations next year. Although it can be difficult to motivate ourselves sometimes to revisit those same things once again, but try to stress on the positive side of things. Look for the chinks in the armour and prepare more diligently this time and then the rest will take care of itself. All the best.
15th July 2015, 05:40 PM
Mohit.Bansal

For a candidate to take admission in third year of B.Sc. he must have either
1. Passed first year and second year B.Sc examination.
2. You should have cleared 50% of the total papers from the previous two years vise first and second year of B.Sc(from first semester to 4th semester).
A candidate placed under reappear in any paper, will allowed only two consecutive chances to clear the paper.

For more detail see the attached word file
Attached Files
File Type: doc ORDINANCES of B.Sc. (Semester System).doc(56.5 KB, 193 views)
13th June 2016, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to write 3rd year MBBS subjects along 2nd year fail subjects together?
3rd February 2017, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am failed in second year but in two subjects can I move to 3rd year if I give exam of both year..
25th May 2017, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to give compartment exam for 2 subjects in Bcom 2nd year Allahabad university? Because I failed in Bcom 2nd year exam
27th June 2017, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to continue at 3rd year general courses in calcutta university by passing only one subject at 2nd year?
30th June 2017, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

Can I give back or move to 3rd year after failing in maths all 3 subjects..
Is there any option like if u fail like this but can continue to 3 rd year by giving some type of exam or test
23rd December 2017, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

I have failed in hons subject, but I don't wanna lose one whole year. So is there an option for me to study both 1st and 2nd year courses together and give their exams simultaneously
8th August 2018, 02:34 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to move 2nd year if I have back in one subject in back 1st year
20th September 2018, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

My result is shown G to me in ...can i continue 3rd year by giving any test
6th November 2018, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

After 3rd year can I improve my marks in 2nd year in one subject by mgkvp
24th March 2019, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

It is possible to move to Admit course if i have failed in 3rd year bsc microbiology?
9th June 2019, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

Can i apply for back paper if i am fail in two subjects out of 3 in bsc 2nd year
30th June 2019, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

I am student of b.sc 3rd year I have 2 maths paper backs in 2nd year and in 3rd year i have 3 papers due of physics and the result is supp.
Can i apply for revel for 2nd year maths paper or can i give supp. Exam of both 2nd year and 3rd year papers
10th July 2019, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

My result is showing fail in 2nd year economics honours can I moved to 3rd year ??
15th July 2019, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

If I fail in bsc 3 year can I take admission other college bsc 3 year
17th August 2019, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

I have pass 1st year and 3rd year but have 2 back paper in 2nd year of bsc nursing can i write 4th year or not
19th August 2019, 02:33 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to move to 3rd year if I have failed in 2nd year b.com hons. From sol
24th January 2020, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

I haven't given zoology 1 back paper in which I got 12 out of 50.But I got admission to bsc part 2.Do this affect in my final exams?
23rd September 2020, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

what happened If i fail in 3 subject in 1st semester? Is it possible to move to 2nd year ?
6th December 2020, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

I failed in subsidiary paper of chemistry in 1st year and also failed in back paper ..what happens next .. I have to repeat year or any supplementary exam will held for this.?
18th March 2021, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

If I am failed in bsc nursing 1st year and then passed in supplementary and then can I write 2nd year annual exam..?
28th July 2021, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

I'm in bsc 2nd year, stream science in rohilkhand university and I have yearly pattern. So I want to know what if I failed in two subjects? Do I have to repeat 2nd year again or can I clear my 2nd year by giving improvement exams along with 3rd year ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?