24th July 2016, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to pursue Psychology after completing BA with Malayalam?

Hello Sir, I am a BA Malayalam student and after completing it I want to study psychology, is it possible? If yes then how? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to pursue M.Sc Psychology after completing B.Sc Computer Science? What is the age limit to pursue M.Sc course?
  2. How can I pursue B.Ed Malayalam (Distance Education) after completing my Graduation with B.Com?
  3. Can I pursue M.Sc in Psychology after completing B.Sc in Biology?
  4. Can I pursue M.Sc in Psychology after completing MBA? What is the procedure of admission?
  5. Can I pursue Psychology after completing class 12th (Commerce)? Which Colleges in Mumbai offers Psychology course and how much should I score in class 12th for admission?
  6. Can I pursue Psychology after completing 12th with Computer Science group? What is the procedure to pursue psychology?
  7. M.Sc in Psychology is possible after B.A. in Psychology?
  8. TET Psychology Malayalam question papers?
  9. Can I study Counselling Psychology after completing 12th Commerce?
  10. Where can I pursue master course in Psychology directly after completing B.Com?
  11. Is it beneficial to study Psychology in Graduation to become a Clinical Psychologist? Differences among Bachelor's in Psychology and Psychology Honours?
  12. Can I join any Hospitals as Clinical Psychologist after completing M.Sc in Psychology or do I have to pursue PG Diploma? -- [New]
  13. Is it mandatory to study Psychology in Graduation for masters in Psychology after B.Sc with Biotechnology, Zoology and Chemistry? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Which university is best between Annamali University and Madras University to pursue B.Sc in Psychology through distance Education?
  15. How and where I can pursue Ph.d in Psychology after completion of Post graduation in Psychology?
  16. Can I study M.Sc(Psychology) after completion of B.A. in same domain?
  17. How can I make a career in Psychology after completing class 12th (PCB)?
  18. Can I do MSc Psychology after completing B.A Psychology
26th July 2016, 12:15 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to pursue Psychology after completing BA with Malayalam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I am a BA Malayalam student and after completing it I want to study psychology, is it possible? If yes then how? Please answer as soon as possible.
Masters in psychology is a two years post graduate degree. This course deals with the following subjects:-
  • Child psychology
  • Personality disorders
  • Neuropsychology and memory
  • Behavior therapy
  • Social psychology
  • Pathology
The basic eligibility criteria that is required to be fulfilled for pursuing this course is a bachelor's degree. Now this degree can be pursued in any discipline of your choice. However, the reputed universities usually either asks for a B.A./B.Sc hons in psychology degree or you should have psychology as one your graduation subject.

The top colleges also conducts an entrance examination. On the basis of this exam and the marks you have attained at grad level, the final merit list is prepared.

Top Colleges for Master's in Psychology:-
  • Kanya Gurukul Mahavidyalaya - Master of Arts In Psychology
  • Adikavi Nannaya University - Master of Arts in Psychology
  • Adventure Academy - Master of Arts in Psychology
  • BGIC Institute - Master of Arts in Psychology
  • R&R Education Foundation - Master of Arts in Psychology
  • Rajendra College - Master of Arts in Psychology
  • Sri Venkateshwara Institute of Distance Education - Master of Arts in Psycology
  • St. Xavier's College of Arts Science, Commerce - Master of Arts in Psyschology
26th July 2016, 09:06 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it possible to pursue Psychology after completing BA with Malayalam?

Yes. Some universities allow any graduate for M.A.(Psychology), but some well reputed universities demand psychology as a compulsory subject in graduation.

M.A.(Psychology) Specializations
- Clinical Psychology
- Environmental Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Educational Psychology
- Industrial Psychology
- Counselling Psychology
- Forensic Psychology
- Sports Psychology
- Developmental Psychology

Top Colleges Offering Psychology
- Amity Institute of Psychology & Applied Sciences , Noida
- Government College of Educational Psychology & Guidance , Jabalpur
- University of Delhi
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gorakhpur University
- University of Madras
- University of Culcutta
- Banaras Hindu University
- Lady Sri Ram College of Women
- S.N.D.T. Women's University , Mumbai
- Dr. D.Y.Patil Art , Commerce and Science College

Employment Areas
- Welfare Organizations
- Personnel Administration
- Hospitals
- Rehabilitation Centres
- Defence Forces
- Advertising Industry
- Clergy
- Research Establishment
- Prisons
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?