23rd June 2016, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

Is preparation of GMAT will be useful to clear GATE exam as well?

Is preparation of GMAT will be useful to clear GATE exam as well? Which is better to get prepared to write both the exam? Can you please provide me the right suggestion on the same? It will be helpful for me if you can provide me the answer.

23rd June 2016, 12:51 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is preparation of GMAT will be useful to clear GATE exam as well?

GMAT stands for Graduate Management Aptitude Test. GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. Both exams have no similarity and syllabus for both exams are totally different.

*GATE is technical exam consisting of questions from different technical subjects of your engineering stream whereas GMAT has questions from aptitude, logical reasoning, English etc.

You need to decide what you want to do either M.Tech or MBA, depending upon which you can select any one exam from these two and prepare for it sincerely.
23rd June 2016, 01:25 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is preparation of GMAT will be useful to clear GATE exam as well?

GMAT exam covers sections such as Analytical Writing , Quantitative Aptitude , Verbal Ability & Intelligence Reasoning. Some of the questions will be asked in General Aptitude section (15 Marks) in the GATE exam. It will be helpful in GATE Exam. All other questions will be technical.

GATE Exam Pattern
- Total Questions : 65
- Total Marks : 100
- For 1 mark question , 1/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer & For 2 mark question , 2/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Time Duration : 3 Hours

GATE 2017 Important Dates
- Starting of Registration : 01/09/2016
- Last Date of Registration : 04/10/2016
- Availability of Admit Cards : 05/01/2017
- GATE Exam Date : 4th , 5th , 11th & 12th February , 2017
- GATE Result Announcement : 27/03/2017

Preparation Tips
- Read entire syllabus.
- Make a planning of preparation. For well preparation , Give at least 2-3 hours per day.
- Use standard reference books.
- Prepare one by one topic. Give more emphasis & more time on hard topics.
- After completion of each topic , Revise it again. If any doubt , then clear it with the help of your friend or Internet or expert.
- For well preparation , You can also join coaching.
- Solve the asked questions after completion of each topic. Make a note of important points.
- Complete your preparation at least one month before the exam so that you can revise in last month.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?