7th March 2011, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to apply for CA? How to prepare for CA-CPT?

i have just stepped in +2. i am hoping for ca.What is the procedure and how should i prepare for ca exam?

8th March 2011, 12:36 AM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to apply for CA? How to prepare for CA-CPT?

Common Proficiency Test Details

-->This the Entry level at which a Student can Start Pursuing Chartered Accountancy

-->The minimum Course duration as per the Regulation is 2 month[6 month]

-->Exam are conducted Twice a Year at the Month of June and December every year

-->One can pursue the course even he/she is Supplementary Passed Candidate at the 10th or 10+2

-->The Student on Passed the CPT would be taking up the PCC( Professional Competence Course)

Exam Details

-->Objective type Question

-->Exam is of 4 hours duration divided into 2 Section of 2 hours

-->Each Section has 100 marks and Negative mark for wrong Answer

-->To qualify in CPT,a Student has to obtain 50% mark in the Exam

Syllabus

-->Section I has two parts

#Section 'A' Fundamental of Accounting(60 marks)

#Section 'B' Mercantile Law(40 marks)

-->Section II has two parts

#Section 'A' General Economic(50 marks)

#Section 'B' Quantitative Aptitude(50 marks)

Uploads

-->Full Syllabus

-->Application Form

All the Best
Attached Files
File Type: docx CA syllabus.docx(19.0 KB, 276 views)
File Type: doc Application Form CPT.doc(109.5 KB, 376 views)
File Type: pdf Application Form CPT.pdf(256.2 KB, 193 views)
8th March 2011, 07:10 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You need to first of all complete your 12th standard. After that you send an application with a DD of Rs 200 to ICAI. You can check out whether there is a center in the city you are based. You will receive a prospectus. Make sure to read in detail as all the information will be available and apply accordingly.
8th March 2011, 09:56 AM

CA – CPT - Common Proficiency Test

Keep more attention towards your study and in free time just practice some model paper.

CPT is an entrance exam for charted account course (CA). It is an entry level test having four subjects. The subjects are Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economic and Quantitative Aptitude. Few year before charted accountancy course was only for the students who has graduate degree, but now pattern has been changed. Now 10+2 pass student can register for CPT and after clear this test he/she is eligible for CA course. The student who has higher degree like B.com, M.Com, ICWA etc, also eligible to give this test.

The CA – CPT exam is conducted twice in a year. The CA – CPT exam is held in first Sunday in June and December in every year. The date schedule is fixed for the CA – CPT exam. The candidate who is unable to clear the CA – CPT exam in first attempt need not to worry about it, he/she is able to make new chances after six month later. There is no long one year duration for appearing in CA – CPT exam.

CA - CPT Eligibility

The candidate who has passed 10+2 can appear in CA - CPT exam. The candidate who is awaiting for their results for 10+2 may also appear in CA - CPT exam.

The higer qualified candidate who has completed their graduation i.e. B.com, M.com, ICWA can appear for CA - CPT exam.
8th March 2011, 11:39 AM
m_thamil

Procedure to apply for CA is not hard. after completion of 12th standard also you can do apply for CA through entrance exam. Otherwise after Gratuation you can apply directly without entrance exam. for more details you can visit website http://www.icai.org/.
8th March 2011, 02:03 PM
cricket007
Banned

dear friends,

Students from any stream can apply for 8-month Foundation Program.
A candidate, who has graduated with fine arts, can not apply for Executive Programme.

After you pass the Executive level, you can begin studying the Professional Programme.

A candidate with an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Commerce or Corporate Secretaryship need not pass the Foundation program. The same applies for pass-outs of the final exam of ICWAI or ICAI in India as well as any Accountancy school recognized by the Council as an equivalent

Fee Structure of ICSI:

You need to spend Rs 3,600 for the foundation program. A commerce graduate can pay a fee of Rs 7000 for Executive program and a non-commerce graduate, Rs 7750 for admission to ICSI course.

Contact Details:

"ICSI HOUSE"

22 Institutional Area

Lodi Road in New Delhi, Pin- 110 003

Tele No: 011-41504444,

Directorate of Students Services

C-37

Sector 62 in NOIDA

Pin- 201301

Tele No: 0120-4239998

Related Link: www.icsi.edu

all the best........................
8th March 2011, 05:13 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

The eligibility criteria if that you should be 12th passed. So once the forms are out you can apply for the exam. The procedure to apply for the exam is normally out in month of Jan Feb so they will also mention the procedure for you in their prospectus.

Its not much tough to crack CA CPT exam. The students who have qualfied the exam have said that they had taken tutions which helped then to gain an edge over the others.

The best ones which I know of is MAKSI CA institute,Commerce Coaching Centre and ETEN CA. There are some more which you can find in you state itself. Just make a good search..and the preparation remains the same as other exams wherein you will have to focus on your fundamentals and try solving as many problems along with question papers of past year

All THe best
8th March 2011, 05:28 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

The Procedure can be summarised as below:-
  1. Pass CPT examination
  2. Register/Enroll for Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC)
  3. Complete 9 months of Study Course.
  4. Complete 100 hours of Information Technology Training (ITT).
  5. Complete Orientation Course (35 hours spread over one week).
  6. Pass Group I or both Groups of Integrated Professional Competence Examination (IPCE).
  7. Register as Articled Assistant for a period of 3 years.
  8. Pass Group II of IPCC if not already passed.
  9. Appear in Final Examination during last 6 months of 3 years of articled training.
  10. Pass both the Groups of Final examination.
  11. Get Final Examination Certificate.
  12. Complete remaining period of articled training, if applicable
  13. Complete Course on General Management and Communication Skill
  14. Enroll as a member of ICAI and designate as "Chartered Accountant"

to prepare for CA CPT
  1. IF ur not from Maths background, then plz keep it in ur mind that u have to get passing marks out of 150.
  2. study whole theory of that chapter and solve Maximum questions from exercise.
  3. In economics 1st complete Macro economics then go for micro economics. Macro Economics aslo very scoring.
  4. IN Quantitative Aptitude, Differentiation and integration, Correlation and regression and theoritical distribution is important one.
  5. WORK hard in studies, because there is no Short cuts for Success.
8th March 2011, 05:48 PM
Arsalaan

CA_CPT is kind of an entrance examinaton conducted by ICAI

for admitting candidates to the CA course

the exam is simple ... it has questions from 2 streams,

quantitative aptitude and economics.

you need to prepare for it well.

economics question will be from your +2 level only,

quant question will be mostly be from 10th maths level only
8th March 2011, 06:20 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

To become a CA you need to clear 3 stages namely:
Foundation course
Intermediate course
Final course

Fondation course eligibility - A candidate appearing for the 10+2 exam can provisionally register for CA exam. There are no restrictions with regard to the age of the candidate or marks secured in Senior Secondary Examination.

It is essential for the candidates to register with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India to appear for the examination. The minimum period for each level of study is 10 months. Exams are held twice a year.

For more details visit: www.icai.org
8th March 2011, 08:58 PM
S.Gopiram
Junior Member+

The eligibility for cpt exam is that you should have passed 12th.

cpt exam will be conducted twice in a year.You should get the application from the near by chartered accountant institute.

You can join private coaching classes or attend the classes conducted by the institute itself.

There are 4 subjects.
1) accounts
2) quantitative aptitude
3) mecantile law
4) economics.

accounts (60 marks) and mercantile law (40marks) are asked in first paper and quantitative aptitude(50 marks) and economics (50 marks) are asked in second paper.

You should get above 50%, that is 100 marks out of 200 to clear the exam.
8th March 2011, 09:23 PM
Aman Sapra

A candidate must have passed 12th standard to apply for CA.
The last date of application for CA-CPT is 31st march 2011.
And the exam is on 19th June 2011.

You can find a coaching institute to guide you and help you prepare for the CPT exam.For futher details visit the website:

www.icai.org
8th March 2011, 11:11 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: Procedure to apply for CA? How to prepare for CA-CPT?

Common Proficiency Test (CPT) Includes :
Accounting, Mercantile Laws,
General Economics
and Quantitative Aptitude

For Eligibility
At least 10 passed

How to Apply:
Vist :- www.icai.org
Application form duly filled accompanied through self-attested Xerox copies of the relevant certificates/ testimonials, along with a crossed DD of Suggested fee send to following address:

The Sr. Joint Secretary (Exams)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg
New Delhi – 110 002

I am attaching CPT syllabus + CPT june 2011 Notification where all details are furnished deeply.

So for preparations You need to be more Concentrate towards Maths + CPT syllabus.

*End*
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cptjune11notification.pdf(62.2 KB, 108 views)
File Type: pdf cpt_syllabus.pdf(18.7 KB, 224 views)
9th March 2011, 01:31 AM
foreturner
Senior Member+

CPT is like an entrance test for CA, there
are two subjects following
1.Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economic and
2.Quantitative Aptitude.

you can take it online or pencil paper based format.

registration is open throughout the year, you can register online,on icai
website.
9th March 2011, 08:30 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

Procedure to apply for CA
Apply:
Vist :- www.icai.org
Application form duly filled accompanied through self-attested Xerox copies of the relevant certificates/ testimonials, along with a crossed DD of Suggested fee send to following address:
The Sr. Joint Secretary (Exams)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg
New Delhi – 110 002

To become a CA you need to clear 3 stages namely:
Foundation course
Intermediate course
Final course
Fondation course eligibility - A candidate appearing for the 10+2 exam can provisionally register for CA exam. There are no restrictions with regard to the age of the candidate or marks secured in Senior Secondary Examination.
It is essential for the candidates to register with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India to appear for the examination. The minimum period for each level of study is 10 months. Exams are held twice a year.

For more details visit: www.icai.org

good luck
9th March 2011, 12:47 PM
cricket007
Banned

CPT » Common Proficiency Test

The course at this level is identified as
CPT » Common Proficiency Test
This is the entry level i.e. Lowest/First level at which a student can start pursuing the Chartered Accountancy (professional accounting) course.

The minimum course duration as per the regulations of the institution is
CA_CPT — 2 months [6 months]
The course duration is the minimum time that a student has to spend on taking up the course at this level. It is the period starting from, the time the student gets registered for the course, to the time the student completes the course.

A student can appear at the first examination falling immediately after the completion of the minimum duration. The actual time that a student has to spend on the course (from registration to examination) is dependent on the actual date of registration.

Since examinations are conducted for the course only twice a year, the course duration can be assumed

The admission requirements for the second level of the course i.e. PCC (Professional Competency Course) stipulate that the student should have qualified in the CPT.
This level is thus the entry level for all the students. Even graduates have to take up this level.

Eligibilty of Supplementary Passed Candidates!!

There is no restriction of any sort on the eligibility of supplementary passed candidates to do these courses. One can pursue the course even if he/she is a supplementary passed candidate at the 10th (or equivalent examination) or the 10 + 2 (or equivalent examination).

Pursuing this level along with 10 + 2!!

The cours at this level is designed for being pursued by the students along with their 10 + 2 (intermediate). Though the CPT Course duration is only 3 months, the CPT examination can be only taken up after writing the 10 + 2 examinations or its equivalent.
There would also be no restriction for this level being taken up after 10 + 2 (Or) with regard to this level being pursued along with formal graduation course (B.Com).

Note
There is a restriction with regard to pursuing other courses while pursuing the next level (PCC) of this course.

Pursuing the subsequent levels along with Graduation

A student on passing the CPT would be taking up the PCC (professional competence course) which requires the student to undergo compulsory articleship training with a practicing Chartered Accountant for a three and half year period.
A student taking up the PCC and undergoing articleship training is permitted to take up only one of the specified courses during the period of training.

This in a way would impose a restriction on the students chance of taking up any and every course and that too in the regular mode.

BEST OF LUCK.............................
7th April 2011, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

at present what is the valuation method?
In CPT exam all subject average mark is necessary...
26th May 2011, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

i have done my bbm...what is the procedure to apply for ca...
6th June 2011, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

how to be thorogh in all quetions in cpt
13th June 2011, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

hello sir , i am ravikumar ,i have completed my degree with bcom( comp) with firstclass marks . Yesterday(12-06-2011) i saw a statement in ennadu news paper about "degree students are directly eligible for the ca-ipcc, irrespective of the ca-cpt exam" is it true ? please give me the full information about the statement . -THANKYOU
20th June 2011, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I am Saranya. I have completed my BBM (Graduation) with 73% aggregate. but I have already attetded CPT held on 19th june. This is my first attempt. Could I able to join the next level according to the new rule? ( graduate with minimum percentage can join next level without attending CPT) Can any one please provide me regarding this as soon as possible. Or mail me on [email protected]. Thanking you all in advance for the help.
20th March 2012, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

I am doin ma engineering...can i do CA?..how can i appy for it?
21st May 2012, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

i am studying MEC group senior inter.i am interested and i require guidance for how to face CPT and acheiving my aim in acquiring CA ?
13th August 2012, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

HOW TO APPLY FOR CA-CPT IF I HAD OPTED FOR MPC(AIEEE)IN MY INTERMEDIATE COURSE??HOW DO I PREPARE FOR CA-CPT???
14th August 2012, 01:48 AM
randeephooda.2012

Hi dear,

The eligibility criteria if that you should be 12th passed. So once the forms are out you can apply for the exam. The procedure to apply for the exam is normally out in month of Jan Feb so they will also mention the procedure for you in their prospectus.

Its not much tough to crack CA CPT exam. The students who have qualfied the exam have said that they had taken tutions which helped then to gain an edge over the others.

The best ones which I know of is MAKSI CA institute,Commerce Coaching Centre and ETEN CA. There are some more which you can find in you state itself. Just make a good search..and the preparation remains the same as other exams wherein you will have to focus on your fundamentals and try solving as many problems along with question papers of past year

Thanks
15th August 2012, 11:26 AM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

Hello ,

CA – CPT - Common Proficiency Test

Keep more attention towards your study and in free time just practice some model paper.

CPT is an entrance exam for charted account course (CA). It is an entry level test having four subjects. The subjects are Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economic and Quantitative Aptitude.

Few year before charted accountancy course was only for the students who has graduate degree, but now pattern has been changed. Now 10+2 pass student can register for CPT and after clear this test he/she is eligible for CA course. The student who has higher degree like B.com, M.Com, ICWA etc, also eligible to give this test.

The CA – CPT exam is conducted twice in a year. The CA – CPT exam is held in first Sunday in June and December in every year. The date schedule is fixed for the CA – CPT exam.

The candidate who is unable to clear the CA – CPT exam in first attempt need not to worry about it, he/she is able to make new chances after six month later. There is no long one year duration for appearing in CA – CPT exam.

CA - CPT Eligibility

The candidate who has passed 10+2 can appear in CA - CPT exam. The candidate who is awaiting for their results for 10+2 may also appear in CA - CPT exam.

The higer qualified candidate who has completed their graduation i.e. B.com, M.com, ICWA can appear for CA - CPT exam.
26th September 2012, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

sir,

I am completed my DCCP(diploma in commercial and computer practice), can i eligible for CA?
15th December 2012, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Iam a 2 student what are the procedures for doing cpt exam? Is it easy for an average student to pass in cpt exam
16th December 2012, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

I am studying 11th class,i took MPC i want to prepare for CA from now?what are subjets in it?
8th March 2013, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

i took MEC to do CA i got 94% in inter 1st year is it easy to pass cpt exam by taking the couching for 3 months thats means to attend the exam which is condected in the month of this june
18th June 2013, 02:38 AM
a9431311223

Thumbs up Re: Procedure to apply for CA? How to prepare for CA-CPT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind_singh View Post
The Procedure can be summarised as below:-
  1. Pass CPT examination
  2. Register/Enroll for Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC)
  3. Complete 9 months of Study Course.
  4. Complete 100 hours of Information Technology Training (ITT).
  5. Complete Orientation Course (35 hours spread over one week).
  6. Pass Group I or both Groups of Integrated Professional Competence Examination (IPCE).
  7. Register as Articled Assistant for a period of 3 years.
  8. Pass Group II of IPCC if not already passed.
  9. Appear in Final Examination during last 6 months of 3 years of articled training.
  10. Pass both the Groups of Final examination.
  11. Get Final Examination Certificate.
  12. Complete remaining period of articled training, if applicable
  13. Complete Course on General Management and Communication Skill
  14. Enroll as a member of ICAI and designate as "Chartered Accountant"

to prepare for CA CPT
  1. IF ur not from Maths background, then plz keep it in ur mind that u have to get passing marks out of 150.
  2. study whole theory of that chapter and solve Maximum questions from exercise.
  3. In economics 1st complete Macro economics then go for micro economics. Macro Economics aslo very scoring.
  4. IN Quantitative Aptitude, Differentiation and integration, Correlation and regression and theoritical distribution is important one.
  5. WORK hard in studies, because there is no Short cuts for Success.
Thanks
22nd June 2020, 07:41 PM
Samirjmt

Follow the instructions:

(1)visit -www.icai.org
(2)click on "student"
(3)click on "course registration forms"
(4)enter details such as name, gender, date of birth,email I'd, etc
(5)click on "register"
(6)an Otp will be sent to your register email ID and phone number
(7)enter the Otp and click on "submit"
(8)now log in with your ID and password sent to you
(9)now provide some other detail such as-fathers name
-mothers name
-city
-address
-pin code
-category
-nationality
(10)upload the scanned copy of the original doucument
(I) attested copy of admit card/marksheet of class 12th issued by the board
(II) one color photograph
(III) attested copy of proof of special category certificate like ST/SC/OBC certificate
(Iv) attested copy of class 10th marksheet/admit card

(11)pay the course fee
(12)on successful payment of the few, the system will automatically generate the form along with a successful transaction message.
Now, only successful registration is not enough study hard,be consistent and make a schedule can help you for clearing your exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?