1st March 2012, 08:39 PM
akki5678

Procedure to apply for KCET entrance exam?

hi my name is akshay i am studying in ap but we are from Karnataka now i have completed my 12th and now i am interested in writing kcet exam can u please tell me the procedure how to apply and other things???????????

2nd March 2012, 02:16 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: Procedure to apply for KCET entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akki5678 View Post
hi my name is akshay i am studying in ap but we are from Karnataka now i have completed my 12th and now i am interested in writing kcet exam can u please tell me the procedure how to apply and other things???????????
KCET is Karnataka Common Entrance Test. KCET examination is conducted every for the admission to various degree courses to the colleges and universities across Karnataka.

Course Offered:
  • Medical(MBBS)
  • Dental(BDS)
  • Engineering(BE/B.Tech)
  • Architecture(B.Arch)
  • Ayurveda
  • Homoeopathy
  • Unani
  • Naturopathy & Yoga

Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka CET:

~For Medical/Dental Courses, You have to pass 12th standard with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as one of the subjects in 12th. You must secured minimum of 50% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC).

~For Engineering courses, you have to pass 12th with English, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry / Bio-Technology as one of the subjects. You must secured minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC)

~For architecture course, You have to pass 12th with Mathematics and must secured minimum of 50% marks in all subjects (45% for SC/ST/OBC).

Procedure to apply for KCET Exam:

~You can apply for KCET by common physical Application Form, available at the Schools / Colleges located within the State of Karnataka . You can get this Application Form by submitting a Demand Draft of Rs 650/- (Rs 500/- for candidates belonging to Reserved Categories). The Demand Draft must be drawn in the favour of Director, Karnataka Examination Authority, Bangalore.Payable at Bangalore.

~Those candidates of Karnataka who are residing outside Karnataka, can get Application form by SPEED POST, by sending Demand Draft for Rs. 750/- drawn in favour of The Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore, payable at Bangalore. You have to mention your address at the envelop.

KCET Exam Pattern:

The Karnataka Common Entrance test comprises of two parts of paper.

Paper I: This paper is a combined paper for subject Physics and Chemistry of 150 minutes duration.

Paper II: This paper is for Mathematics with 60 questions to be answered in 80 minutes. This is followed by 60 questions of Biology to be answered in 80 minutes for the MBBS/BDS Aspirants .Each question carries one mark and there is no negative marking for wrong answers.

Important Dates for KCET Admission Test:

KCET Test Date: month of April & May 2012

Last date for availability of application forms from schools/colleges: March 2012.

KCET Entrance result Notification: In the month of June

Last date for availability of application forms by post: 2nd week of April 2012

>>>For more detail regarding KCET exam & notification visit Official website: http://cet.kar.nic.in
10th May 2012, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Procedure to apply for KCET entrance exam?

I am Riyaz Mansoor studying in a govt.polytechnic in andhra pradesh,second year in electronics and communication engg branch.am I eligible for kcet examination after completion of my three year course next year if possible.please give me necessary details.
27th May 2012, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

I Am Kalpesh studying in 12TH Standard but in MAHARASTRA so , can I eligible for kcet entrance examination & if yes then how I get the application form of this examination ????
21st October 2012, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=akki5678;1841940]hi my name is akshay i am studying in ap but we are from Karnataka now i have completed my 12th and now i am interested in writing kcet exam can u please tell me the procedure how to apply and other things??
22nd October 2012, 05:37 PM
exams1
Senior Member+

Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) conducts Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2012 (K-CET 2012) .

Karnataka-CET 2012 Eligibility

For Medical/Dental Courses:
Examinees should have passed XII or equal examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology with minimum 50% aggregate marks in PCB.

For Engineering Courses:
Examinees should have passed XII or equal examination with English, Physics, Mathematics and any of the Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Electronics / Biology with at least of 45% aggregate marks in optional subjects.

For Architecture Course:
Examinees should have passed XII or equal examination with Mathematics with at least of 50% aggregate marks in all the disciplines.

Procedure to fill the application form :

You should fill the application form using a blue or black ink ball point pen in capital letters only.

The information / particulars furnished by the candidates in their ‘CET’ application form is Final. The information with regard to Date of Birth, Mother Tongue, PU College Code, PU Student number, Religion, Reserved Category, Name of the Caste, Annual Income, Rural & Kannada Medium quota, Minority & BPL status, Special category, etc., if any, should be filled invariably in the respective boxes in the application form. In case, if any of the information furnished in the application form is found to be false/incorrect, the application is liable to be rejected at any point of time and the seat selected by the candidate, if any, is also liable to be cancelled at any stage and the entire fee amount paid by such candidate will be forfeited.

If you are appearing for annual examination during the year of examination should only write the code of the qualifying examination. The candidates who have already passed their qualifying examination before the year of examination and the candidates who are appearing for Karnataka 2nd PUC Annual examination as repeaters need not write any code in the box.

The candidates whose Qualifying Examination is other than Karnataka 2nd PUC (i.e., CBSE, CISCE, etc.) need not furnish the College Code and the student number. However, they are required to send a photocopy of their Qualifying Examination marks card (on which the CET admission ticket number is boldly written) to CET Cell soon after completion of Common Entrance Test as soon as they get their Qualifying Examination marks card.

22nd October 2012, 07:06 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

You have not mentioned, which stream would you want to apply for - Engineering / Medical.

However this is the eligibility criteria for both.

Eligibility for Engineering-

A candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with English, Physics, Mathematics and any of the Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Electronics / Biology with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks in optional subjects(40% for SC/ST/OBC). Those who are appearing for PUC or class 12th exams can also apply.

Eligibility for Medical/Dental -

A candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology with at least 50% aggregate marks in PCB (40% for SC/ST/OBC). Those who are appearing for PUC/class 12th exams in the current academic year can also apply. Also a candidate should have attained the age of 17 years but not more than 25 years as on 31st December.

The forms for Karnataka CET will be available in schools and colleges of the Karnataka CET.
22nd October 2012, 09:05 PM
ashok.more32

KCET is Karnataka Common Entrance Test. KCET examination is conducted every for the admission to various degree courses to the colleges and universities across Karnataka.

Course Offered:

Medical(MBBS)
Dental(BDS)
Engineering(BE/B.Tech)
Architecture(B.Arch)
Ayurveda
Homoeopathy
Unani
Naturopathy & Yoga

Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka CET:

~For Medical/Dental Courses, You have to pass 12th standard with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as one of the subjects in 12th. You must secured minimum of 50% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC).

~For Engineering courses, you have to pass 12th with English, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry / Bio-Technology as one of the subjects. You must secured minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC)

~For architecture course, You have to pass 12th with Mathematics and must secured minimum of 50% marks in all subjects (45% for SC/ST/OBC).

Procedure to apply for KCET Exam:

~You can apply for KCET by common physical Application Form, available at the Schools / Colleges located within the State of Karnataka . You can get this Application Form by submitting a Demand Draft of Rs 650/- (Rs 500/- for candidates belonging to Reserved Categories). The Demand Draft must be drawn in the favour of Director, Karnataka Examination Authority, Bangalore.Payable at Bangalore.

~Those candidates of Karnataka who are residing outside Karnataka, can get Application form by SPEED POST, by sending Demand Draft for Rs. 750/- drawn in favour of The Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore, payable at Bangalore. You have to mention your address at the envelop.

KCET Exam Pattern:

The Karnataka Common Entrance test comprises of two parts of paper.

Paper I: This paper is a combined paper for subject Physics and Chemistry of 150 minutes duration.

Paper II: This paper is for Mathematics with 60 questions to be answered in 80 minutes. This is followed by 60 questions of Biology to be answered in 80 minutes for the MBBS/BDS Aspirants .Each question carries one mark and there is no negative marking for wrong answers.

Important Dates for KCET Admission Test:

KCET Test Date: month of April & May 2012

Last date for availability of application forms from schools/colleges: March 2012.

KCET Entrance result Notification: In the month of June

Last date for availability of application forms by post: 2nd week of April 2012

>>>For more detail regarding KCET exam & notification visit Official website: http://cet.kar.nic.in
22nd October 2012, 11:07 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

KCET Exam Conducted by Karnataka
This exam conducted for admission in different degree and PG courses
Engineering
Medical
BDS
Ayurveda
Architecture
MBA
MCA

Eligibility for Engineering :

Candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with English , Physics , Mathematics & any of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Computer Science / Electronics / Biology with min of 45% aggregate marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC)

Eligibility for Engineering :

Candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with English , physics , chemistry & biology with at least 50% aggregate (40% for SC/ST/OBC)
Candidates should have attained the age of 17 years but not more then 25 years as on 31st December

Eligibility for Architecture :

Candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with maths with min of 50% aggregate (45% for SC/ST /OBC)
Candidates should have also appeared in NATA & Got a min of 40% marks

Exam Pattern :

Physics 60 questions 60 marks 70 min Duration
Chemistry 60 questions 60 marks 70 min Duration
Maths 60 questions 60 marks 70 min Duration
Biology 60 questions 60 marks 70 min Duration

No Negative Marks

Some KCET Colleges :

P E S Institute of Technology

B M S College of Engineering

MS Ramiah Institute of Technology

RNS Institute of Technology

JSS Academy Institute of Technology

BVB College of Engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?