14th February 2016, 10:11 AM
Hemanth.N

Procedure to become a Custom Officer? Which all exams should I write?

This is HEMANTH.N , I'm studying BBA LOGISTICS 2nd year and i am studying logistics in a institute Sindhu cargo. But my aim is to become a customs clearance officer so I want to know what all exam should I write for my carrier . pls sir reply for my message in my mail box.
hemanthkumarhk.hk13@gmail.

14th February 2016, 06:33 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a Custom Officer? Which all exams should I write?

UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts civil services exam to make recruitment in the posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS .And, Custom Department comes under Indian Revenue Services (IRS) .

The eligibility criteria to become a Custom officer are as under:-

-The candidate must have citizenship of India .

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.The candidate who are pursuing final year of their degree course can also apply for the exam.

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 32 years.The upper age limit is relaxed for OBC candidate by 3 years, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for PWD candidates.

The selection process involves of

* Preliminary Exam

* Main exam

* Personality Interview.
14th February 2016, 07:12 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a Custom Officer? Which all exams should I write?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemanth.N View Post
This is HEMANTH.N , I'm studying BBA LOGISTICS 2nd year and i am studying logistics in a institute Sindhu cargo. But my aim is to become a customs clearance officer so I want to know what all exam should I write for my carrier . pls sir reply for my message in my mail box.
hemanthkumarhk.hk13@gmail.

To be a Custom Officer, you will have to qualify Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

This job comes under Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’

Upcoming Civil Services Exam will be conducted on 7 August 2016.

And Notifications along with online Applications will release on 23 April, 2016.

Last Date to apply for Civil Services Exam will be 20 May, 2016.

IRS Aspirants will have to pass three stages to crack this exam:
  • Preliminary Exam (CSAT Exam)
  • Mains Exam
  • Personal Interview

Some of the top books for preparation of Civil Services Exam are:

Trishna's CSAT: Supercourse in English Language Comprehension and Reading Comprehension (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 215

General Studies for Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Paper 2) 2015 (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 740

Indian Economy for Civil Services Examination (English) 6th Edition (Paperback)
Rs. 378
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?